What's new

Trained in Pak, 13/7 accused fought in Afghanistan

StormShadow

Reaction score
Terming the arrested 13/7 accused Haroon Naik as "a very, very important member of Indian Mujahideen", Maharashtra ATS on Friday said he had undergone rigorous terror training in Pakistan and fought alongside al Qaeda in Afghanistan against "enemies" in the name of jihad.

The Anti-Terrorism Squad was on Wednesday granted custody of jailed IM operative Naik in the blasts case as he was suspected of having participated in the conspiracy and provided financial aid to carry out the terror strikes last year that claimed 27 lives.

The 35-year-old Naik, who is in the "upper echelon" of the home-grown terror outfit, had been earlier nabbed from the Mumbai international airport on charges of possessing fake currency notes on August 22 last year and since then was lodged in jail, ATS chief Rakesh Maria said.

Naik, who holds a higher position in IM hierarchy than Yasin Bhatkal, a top operative wanted in several blasts in the country, had undergone trainings called "Daura-E-Aam" and "Daura-E-Khas" in 2001 at terror camps of Lashkar-e-Taiba at Bahawalpur in Pakistan. Naik had sneaked into Pakistan in the late 2000, Maria said.

As he volunteered to fight for jihad along with al Qaeda, Naik was imparted additional 15 days advanced training called "Bait-E-Rizan" in Pakistan and fought against "enemies" including Northern Alliance in Kandhahar in 2001, he said. :sick:

The Northern Alliance, was a military-political organisation that united all ethnic groups of Afghanistan fighting against the Afghan Taliban backed by al Qaeda.

Trained in Pak, 13/7 accused fought in Afghanistan - Hindustan Times

Good news the 13/7 case has been cracked more or less we have the culprits

i say we unleash RAW on these terror camps why is RAW a lion locked away in a cage we should turn it into the next Mossad and terrorize the terrorists, or lets just turn terror training camps that produce mfkers to wreak havoc in our country into the next atomic test site. either way fck these bastards.

Why so surprised? कमाल की बातें करते हो तुम लोग यार... बगल में अगर फैक्ट्री होगी तो माल की कभी कोई कमी थोड़ी न होगी? :P

Lashkar-e-Taiba at Bahawalpur in Pakistan.

LMAO. No such thing in Bahawalpur, probably one of the most peaceful cities in Pakistan.

LMAO. No such thing in Bahawalpur, probably one of the most peaceful cities in Pakistan. Now I know ******** be lying.

Pakistan even disowned kasab until the whole world told them he was Pakistani .

I remember some Pakistanis even disowned faridkot , the place of Kasab's origin on this forum initially and said there was no such place in Pakistan .

Bahawalpur is in south punjab and pakistan south punjab is known to be the hub of the Punjabi Taliban .

Ok now some Indian is going to tell me about my city. GTFO.

This is too funny. Your country and media lies to you guys.

All my life I lived in Bahawalpur, been to every masjid, and never even heard of LeT.

Mods please close this joker thread.

i say we unleash RAW on these terror camps why is RAW a lion locked away in a cage we should turn it into the next Mossad and terrorize the terrorists, or lets just turn terror training camps that produce mfkers to wreak havoc in our country into the next atomic test site. either way fck these bastards.

How do you know its not happening already?? All Intelligence agencies are not like ISI which are more in news than the film industry of Pakistan. :lol: talk about it being a spy (secret) agency ..;)

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

All my life I lived in Bahawalpur, been to every masjid, and never even heard of LeT.

All this proves is that you do not have linkages with orgs like LeT.. Good for you mate.. :)

Unreported World - Features - Pakistan: Reporter's Blog - Channel 4

Get the inside story on how Evan Williams found himself face-to-face with Jamaat-ud-Dawa.

We were heading for what we were told was the headquarters of one of the biggest terrorist organisations in the world - but this is an organisation that most people in the west have never heard of them.

The United Nations Security Council lists Jamaat-ud-Dawa as a front for the proscribed terrorist group Lashkar-e-Taiba, blamed by India for the November 2008 attacks in Mumbai that killed 173 people.

Jamaat-ud-Dawa claims it is nothing more than an Islamic charity helping the needy, the sick and the poor throughout Pakistan. It seems to have wide community support and gets funds from across the country's social spectrum.

Since the Mumbai attacks, we were told, the Pakistan government have been monitoring Jamaat-ud-Dawa very closely.

But, on almost our first day in Pakistan, we went to a rally being held by the Jamaat-ud-Dawa. Here we found speakers in the middle of Pakistan’s capital Islamabad haranguing a crowd of men in long beards about the abuse of Muslims in Indian-held Kashmir.

It was every Muslim's duty, they said, to support the fight by fellow Muslims in Kashmir for self-determination, and this included supporting a physical jihad of attacks on Indian forces.

They also didn't trust the west or the United Nations to solve the issue - Muslims had to take matters in to their own hands and support the fight. This was hardly a charity speaking about the healthcare and education of Pakistan's needy citizens. This was the talk of a militant organisation.

Our journey took us in to the heart of this group's network. Just an hour outside the teeming city of Lahore, Muridke is the site of walled and guarded compound that was once the training base for Lashkar-e-Taiba and is now the headquarters of Jamaat-ud-Dawa.

It had taken weeks of careful negotiations to get inside. They are very suspicious of westerners, they said, and especially do not trust the western media.

Once we were inside the compound, Dawa officials told us they only did good works to help the health and education of poor Pakistanis. They insisted that claims that they were behind the Mumbai attacks were based on Indian propaganda aimed at them because they support the fight in Kashmir. 'So, you are not just a charity?' I ask. Yes we are a charity - but we support the right of Kashmiris to have self-determination.

One worrying revelation was the way in which many of the group's members we met felt that the west was choosing sides with India on Kashmir and other issues. The implied warning was that, where India had been a target in the past, western targets could start to be a legitimate focus for attack. We are already starting to see that occur in India.

Jamaat-ud-Dawa is very careful to keep its distance from global jihad. But it is a very large and powerful organisation of very committed people who may well have a much bigger say in the security of South Asia than we expect or are ready for.

There is no Let or militants in Bahawalpur, Bharatis better stop slandering my city.

you live in amreeka , peeche peeche kya kya ho gaya apko kya pata ?;)

These terror camps are not run in open as well . :rolleyes:

Militancy grows in South Punjab - Central Asia Online

This is from a Pakistani media source

South Punjab’s four divisions – Dera Ghazi Khan, Multan, Bahawalpur and Gojranwala – are under the influence of the banned militant organisations, which have gained considerable strength in Dera Ghazi Khan, which is a gateway to Pakistan’s tribal areas and to the heart of Punjab, Hussaini told Central Asia Online.

you live in amreeka , peeche peeche kya kya ho gaya apko kya pata ?

These terror camps are not run in open as well .

I go every year. Also the city is not big, you can trace gunshots to any part or outside the city. This **** is a lie, and I'm reporting thread to mods.

There is no Let or militants in Bahawalpur, Bharatis better stop slandering my city.

Listen mate,
I've had a girlfriend from Pakpattan,
She told me that her father was a member of LeT and there were a lot of LeT members there

Back
Top Bottom