What's new

Tragic : Four Indians Freeze To Death on Canada-US Border

Canada is already a great country...it's not like they're in Mexico. I wonder why they were so desparate to cross into the US despite being in Canada
Probably because they entered Canada legally & didn't have the Right to extend their stay by seeking Asylum.

Some (desi) lawyer probably told 'em that if they enter US, they might have a case to become Refugees there.

There should be handbook for Dummies that if they are planning on doing something as extreme as walking in -40° for miles, they might as well invest in some thermal clothing from North Face or Patagonia.

Honestly Canada is better for Brown people anyway, why risk it ? May Allah have mercy of their souls

Not just Canada. Why leave India is the first place? India is a filthy rich country that is next candidate to become a super power in near future under the great leadership of Shree Modi jee

Only an idiot would think of leaving India for Canada or USA and that too illegally. Even legally nobody should even think of leaving India
Honestly I wanted to post that India 2030 movie and say wait 8 more years

but since this is a genuinely sad situation/thread so think its better to lay off from trolling here

why would they want to move from Canada (better option) to USA (MEH!!!) in the first place? i guess for a lot of people USA is still THE PLACE to be ... RIP

RIP.

Maybe they thought they could sneak across the border in the cover of snow but the snow turned into a blizzard? Maybe they had made arrangements with someone on the US side and didn't want to change those arrangements? Either way, even if they wore lots of layers of warm clothes, temp that cold and with strong winds would make the wind chill factor too much for most people in the world, let alone for South Asians.

I don't know the employment situation in Canada but in America there is a massive shortage of workers these days. Tons of employment opportunities, even if mostly lower paying. But guaranteed jobs and enough pay to more than survive. Parts of America, especially rural, are till very cheap, compared with Canada. Immigration crackdowns are here but people still find work easily. Ask Mexicans.

This thread does make you think about something else, though: When Afghans were trying to ride out of Afghanistan through the American led effort, the Western press totally focused on the 'fleeing Taliban' part. That was intentionally very bad piece of journalism! Afghans were as much fleeing the Taliban as they were seeking better opportunities, especially when they could use the chaos of the withdrawals to hop onto one of the aircrafts right there and flee. Indians are, in contrast, far richer and more stable and yet they flee like this--from one of the top economies in the world to another top economy in the world. So should the headline be: "Indians fleeing starvation, filth in Modi's India but freeze to death"?? I have lost faith in Western journalism since the summer of 2021 with the possible exception of Reuters and a few DW correspondents.

Of they made it to Canada, why risk going to US in such weather with an infant ? I blame the father for this. Whatever situation may they be in, I am sure it wasn't bad as compare to what he put his family in and the wife and kid suffered due to him.

I don't know what their situation was so I don't want to comment. I've been in blizzards and I've walked in -40C. No one would want to do it on purpose, in the dark, with an infant. Pretty sure the family did not get caught in it on purpose either.

I was under the impression that Canada was more accommodating to illegal immigrants than the States but again I have no idea what that family's circumstances were so I'd rather not comment. It's an immensely unfortunate situation.

There should be handbook for Dummies that if they are planning on doing something as extreme as walking in -40° for miles, they might as well invest in some thermal clothing from North Face or Patagonia.

Gear can only do so much when exposed to these conditions for so long. Exhaustion takes you if not the cold.

Erm dude are you forgetting we have the Himalayas? Many of us have our ancestry from cold regions including myself.

@cloud4000 is probably from south South Asia and hasn't met a northerner or a north-westerner. TBF, as soon there's the first dusting of snow (even above 0C) many Indians whip out their balaclavas.

Last edited:
Honestly Canada is better for Brown people anyway, why risk it ? May Allah have mercy of their souls
They Probably thought they could do better in the US. Also, they probably thought they were clever by going through Canada rather then through Mexico, in the process lost their lives and ended the lives of their teenage child and infant. Tragic

Impossible for illegals to find employment in Canada. It's already hard enough for many legal immigrants. Also they can't avail free medical or any social assistance because the moment they come under the radar they will be deported.

Didn’t know that they had such harsh immigration laws in Canada. Thanks.

They Probably thought they could do better in the US. Also, they probably thought they were clever by going through Canada rather then through Mexico, in the process lost their lives and ended the lives of their teenage child and infant. Tragic

They should have tried in Summer at least, the death of kids bother me a lot :(

I don't know what their situation was so I don't want to comment. I've been in blizzards and I've walked in -40C. No one would want to do it on purpose, in the dark, with an infant. Pretty sure the family did not get caught in it on purpose either.

The only logical reason of choosing this weather is that maybe the American smuggler thought it is the best possible window to smuggle people on the other side of the border as border patrol won't be there and they won't be expecting anyone to cross in such a weather. Otherwise I see no real issue that have threatened their lives in Canada.

Tragedy isn't rare when it's in gene if indian to invade and migrate to foreign lands .

@cloud4000 is probably from south South Asia and hasn't met a northerner or a north-westerner. TBF, as soon there's the first dusting of snow (even above 0C) many Indians whip out their balaclavas.

I was joking...

Back
Top Bottom