What's new

TPP failure would cost the US trade dominance

The decisions are not all made by Xi Jinping but by the group of seven members in the Politburo Standing Committee. They are sometimes referred to as the State Council.

For convenience when interacting with other countries, the highest ranking person is called the President, the second ranking person is called the Premier. Not sure what they called the rest.

There are term limits - maximum of two terms of five years. From what I have seen, about half of the seven guys retire after the first term. I think the term limits were introduced after some of the excesses of Mao.

These are my observations. If this is not correct, feel free to jump in and contribute.

You can be assured that I won't respond to stupid or idiotic responses.

Remember: If you have nothing worthwhile to contribute, just stay silent. Nobody will call you stupid.

Not sure what you are talking about but that is not how the US political system works.

There is a reason...

On topic:

TPP is dead if the US regime says it is dead.

The fate is not up to Vietnam which puts high bets on TPP to beat China.

What is that? You got no IQ? Well I don't speak to children who doesn't know the difference between politcal interests and polical systems. Stop being a clown.

Not sure what you are talking about but that is not how the US political system works.

What is that? You got no IQ? Well I don't speak to children who doesn't know the difference between politcal interests and polical systems. Stop being a clown.

Then stop using naïve concepts like "like" or "dislike," Einstein of IR, because they have no place in international politics.

It is all about pragmatic calculation and, then, we are coming down to white or black cat equation.

Who cares about the name of the system so long as it provides national power and ensures national interests?

Hasn't the US just recently re-discovered Communist Vietnam?

The US political system is about maximizing the US interest irrespective of their fake principle and ideology. That is the truth. In fact, you can even say Bush and Bin Laden were once upon a time, BFF. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bush-and-Osama-dancing-through-the-feilds.gif

umm.........medias in general ARE independent, they have their spilt of party, like FOX is a supporter of GOP, but NBC is a supporter of the Democrats. Media organisation itself is heavily biased on the political preference, however, having more than one major media outlet (unlike China) they are actually quite balance and independent.

So, no, my point still stand. The check and balance is still in place

Wrong again. Doesn't matter how split the medias look like. The debates, arguments, attacks and fights among the medias never touched the core value of the system. This is because they are owned by capital, which makes real deals behind scene. Even Hillary now is against TPP, I believe she will agree on TPP after she got elected. Its just a trick for getting votes. She has done numerous times.

Wrong again. Doesn't matter how split the medias look like. The debates, arguments, attacks and fights among the medias never touched the core value of the system. This is because they are owned by capital, which makes real deals behind scene. Even Hillary now is against TPP, I believe she will agree on TPP after she got elected. Its just a trick for getting votes. She has done numerous times.

TPP will be dead because it severely damages US interests. Now we are going to enter Industry 4.0 where robots and automation dominate. US wants manufacturers back, not shifting from China to TPP countries. Then in long term, these manufacturers will enter Industry 4.0 in United states with robots and automation and will not move to other countries for cheaper labor costs. That's what China and Germany are also trying to do. Countries winning Industry 4.0 will win industrialization forever. Other countries will be isolated since cheap labors will be useless facing Industry 4.0.

Close to the market, not close to cheap labor, is the current trend. TPP is out of date.

TPP will be dead because it severely damages US interests. Now we are going to enter Industry 4.0 where robots and automation dominate. US wants manufacturers back, not shifting from China to TPP countries. Then in long term, these manufacturers will enter Industry 4.0 in United states with robots and automation and will not move to other countries for cheaper labor costs. That's what China and Germany are also trying to do. Countries winning Industry 4.0 will win industrialization forever. Other countries will be isolated since cheap labors will be useless facing Industry 4.0.

Close to the market, not close to cheap labor, is the current trend. TPP is out of date.
Well, TPP will hurt US interest, but in contrast, it will greatly favor the interest of capital. Hillary is owned by the Wall Street. She definitely will let TPP bill pass if she is elected.

This is US, not China.

For example, Fox is uber PRO-GOP, they will only support GOP whenever or whatever their decision. As they are controlled by the Party like you said, HOWEVER, you should also notice that there are 4 Major Media Outlet there are, Fox, CBS, NBC and ABC, with almost equal share of Audience and they all have different Political Different, they will basically attack each other political value, and hence out cannot get out of being complacent and incompetent, because there are ALWAYS another type of media who will go into deep length and doubt your political value, and whichever side you are (GOP or Democrats) there will always be at least half a country doubt what you do at any given time.

And yes, as I said, Hilary is using TPP as an ammo to get something she want, had she ever going to be the president, she will pass TPP by negotiation. At least we are agreeing to that

One is a liar and the other is a comedian. LOL I expect the Vietnamese to cry whoever get elected although I have suspect the Vietnamese is secretly hoping for Clinton. LOL

we don't care what chinese is dreaming now.

Black+Hispanic will surpass non-Hispanic white

No. First you are wrong, (as far as I know) because by 2050, Whites will become minority, that means Blacks+Hispanic+Asians(of all kinds) will become majority. And Asians are expected to have a big share of the population.

Secondly, even were it to be so, how is this a demographic disaster?

No. First you are wrong, (as far as I know) because by 2050, Whites will become minority, that means Blacks+Hispanic+Asians(of all kinds) will become majority. And Asians are expected to have a big share of the population.

Secondly, even were it to be so, how is this a demographic disaster?
U can be in self-denial political correct mode. Sorry, we won't. Dream your demographic dividend dream.

Back
Top Bottom