What's new

TPP failure would cost the US trade dominance

45 times Secretary Clinton pushed the trade bill she now opposes
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/15/politics/45-times-secretary-clinton-pushed-the-trade-bill-she-now-opposes/

Politicians would say everything they want to get more votes, pro and oppose; later pro again.
Maybe Hillary learn something from Trump's attraction

Read this
Hillary Clinton’s TPP opposition shows just how worried she is about Bernie Sanders
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...just-how-worried-she-is-about-bernie-sanders/

For average Chinese living in Australia, they don't have much to say about China nor Australia, they only have one goal, and that's how to prosper or stay afloat.

To us, migrant from the free world, we don't do this, when we move to a new city, a new country, we want that to be a piece of us, and for that we wanted changes. And for that, democratic election is something we long for. Yes, politician lies, whether or not it's in America, Australia, China or Mexico. The problem is, they still cannot lie thru their teeth, because there is something a lot more valuable to election, and that's "RE-RELECTION" If you lie too much, you will gonna get bumped the next term, so there are some sort of "check and balance" system in place if you want to stay in that job. And no politician wanted to just get 1 term.

To the Chinese, they don't care, when the government deal them their life, their only responsibility and right is to live it, but not challenge it, it is a good way to run a country only if you are good at running your country, and if they start to hit slack, then the whole country will simply go down with the leadership.

But then again, as with average Chinese tradition, they don't care, the average Chinese only care about how to make money or how to stay alive.

Yes, it does not matter what the President Think, Congress is the one calling the shot, President have no say on whether or not they are passed or not, either the President have something to exchange and negotiate, otherwise the only thing that's dead on TTP is the people's brain who say it is dead.
bingo

and what most chinese posters and trollers fail to realize, when they repeat the bullshit over and over again like the OP, the trade US-China is so big, so US trades with the rest can be ignored. the current trade regime favors China, causing huge deficit for the US, big surplus for China. with the money, chinese start military build-up, bullying her neighbors, advancing a policy of aggresion in the south china sea.

TPP is going to change the rule of the game. the pact will reduce overall trades to China, weakening her at the end, and strengthening the economies of pacific nations, stopping chinese advance in the south china sea.

no surprise, Vietnam is actualy the country, that wants to see the pact to become a success. even the US reveals, VN is the force, that pushes the pact forward.

45 times Secretary Clinton pushed the trade bill she now opposes
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/15/p...linton-pushed-the-trade-bill-she-now-opposes/

Politicians would say everything they want to get more votes, pro and oppose; later pro again.
Maybe Hillary learn something from Trump's attraction

Read this
Hillary Clinton’s TPP opposition shows just how worried she is about Bernie Sanders
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...just-how-worried-she-is-about-bernie-sanders/

Yes, she pushed the bill, I think she want to leverage the TPP deal and get something out of the congress (maybe some budget or funding for her own program)

But either way, she have no way to stop TPP, it was passed by the Congress in 2015, she can veto it technically when she become POTUS, but that would means she will have to commit political suicide.

The man is apparently ashamed of being viet.

Not much as you ashamed of being a hack

bingo

and what most chinese posters and trollers fail to realize, when they repeat the bullshit over and over again like the OP, the trade US-China is so big, so US trades with the rest can be ignored. the current trade regime favors China, causing huge deficit for the US, big surplus for China. with the money, chinese start military build-up, bullying her neighbors, advancing a policy of aggresion in the south china sea.

TPP is going to change the rule of the game. the pact will reduce overall trades to China, weakening her at the end, and strengthening the economies of pacific nations, stopping chinese advance in the south china sea.

no surprise, Vietnam is actualy the country, that wants to see the pact to become a success. even the US reveals, VN is the force, that pushes the pact forward.

There are a lot of benefit of being in TPP, but of course there will be draw back that come with the benefit, for the US, TPP offer more advantage (such as opening up previously unopened market, provide an alternative to China) but on the other hand, business inside the US will be a lot harder to control.

But still, I think there are going to be incentive to go along with the TPP being sign to offset the disadvantage. Congress saw that.

Hilary oppose to TPP deal because she wanted something out of the congress, as I said before, she may have some program on her own that she want to fund, and holding TPP hostage is a good way to get her way thru the congress.

Yes, she pushed the bill, I think she want to leverage the TPP deal and get something out of the congress (maybe some budget or funding for her own program)

But either way, she have no way to stop TPP, it was passed by the Congress in 2015, she can veto it technically when she become POTUS, but that would means she will have to commit political suicide.

Not much as you ashamed of being a hack

There are a lot of benefit of being in TPP, but of course there will be draw back that come with the benefit, for the US, TPP offer more advantage (such as opening up previously unopened market, provide an alternative to China) but on the other hand, business inside the US will be a lot harder to control.

But still, I think there are going to be incentive to go along with the TPP being sign to offset the disadvantage. Congress saw that.

Hilary oppose to TPP deal because she wanted something out of the congress, as I said before, she may have some program on her own that she want to fund, and holding TPP hostage is a good way to get her way thru the congress.
And do you know the greatest ever misunderstanding?

Chinese think being unreplaceable unbeatable unstoppable un un un many un's but suddenly realize there is a trade pact that excludes them from the party.

:woot:

Chinese think being unreplaceable unbeatable unstoppable un un un many un's but suddenly realize there is a trade pact that excludes them from the party.

It is now China's time, do you want to fight against the inevitable?

China can build many number one in the world, and what make you think that your country stand a chance?

America's demoncrazy is the biggest lesson for China apart from their demographic disaster in 2050.

Well, Vietnam has high hopes on that crazy rollercoaster. Better let them enjoy while it lasts.

Even tpp passes through, that would mean Vietnam is a low quality economy forever.

So I have mixed feelings whether a dead tpp is good or not.

Welcome to the AIIB and the RCEP.

America's demoncrazy is the biggest lesson for China apart from their demographic disaster in 2050.

Demographic disaster in 2050? Perhaps you were talking about China?:

https://populationpyramid.net/china/2050/

Both of them will start a century of humiliation to america and all its puppet states and america-lickers. This fabricated regime started from stolen land and will end in what the land was like before the invasion. We are now witnessing the whole Europe's suffering as a consequence of their america-lickering nature.

Is it necessary to insult another country? Can't we all just get along and be respectful here? I assure you that we are doing just fine. More so than most other developed countries of the world.

The problem is, they still cannot lie thru their teeth, because there is something a lot more valuable to election, and that's "RE-RELECTION" If you lie too much, you will gonna get bumped the next term
-------Wrong. Your statement is based on one prerequisite that the medias are independent.

where is trump?

he is the right guy to deal hardly with this disgusting old bitch.

One is a liar and the other is a comedian. LOL I expect the Vietnamese to cry whoever get elected although I have suspect the Vietnamese is secretly hoping for Clinton. LOL

One is a liar and the other is a comedian. LOL I expect the Vietnamese to cry whoever get elected although I have suspect the Vietnamese is secretly hoping for Clinton. LOL

Minorities are rooting for Hillary, in general.

The white male seem to be pro-Trump, especially those who are scared of minority domination of the state politics due to their growing demographic strength.

It is widely believed that Obama's presidency will be remembered for bringing back 60's style racism back to the USA.

So they are of the opinion that US' experiment with a minority President has failed along lines which were expected, i.e. protecting their minority at the expense of wide spread social order breakdown.

Some people just don't understand the American politics. They think American political systems operate like the CCP where the highest power is Yi Jinping whom made the decision. :crazy:

There is a reason the US doesn't respect the Queen of England. There is a reason the person who found America fought his way for independance and get away from Monarchy system. There is a reason the US has the Second Amendment. There is a reason the US doesn't like Communism and Dictatorship. Finally, there is a reason the US president doesn't have as much power as everyone has thought. The Congress prevents the President from becoming a communist and a dictator.

The decisions are not all made by Xi Jinping but by the group of seven members in the Politburo Standing Committee. They are sometimes referred to as the State Council.

For convenience when interacting with other countries, the highest ranking person is called the President, the second ranking person is called the Premier. Not sure what they called the rest.

There are term limits - maximum of two terms of five years. From what I have seen, about half of the seven guys retire after the first term. I think the term limits were introduced after some of the excesses of Mao.

These are my observations. If this is not correct, feel free to jump in and contribute.

You can be assured that I won't respond to stupid or idiotic responses.

Remember: If you have nothing worthwhile to contribute, just stay silent. Nobody will call you stupid.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom