What's new

Total revenue of Chinese majon companies equal 1.89 times of India GDP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewell333

Reaction score
Total revenue of Chinese major companies equal 1.89 times of India GDP

61 Chinese mainland companies and 8 Indian companies are on the list of world's 500 largest companies compiled by Fortune magazine,

The total revenue of the 61 Chinese mainland companies on the list hit US$2.89 trillion. Sinopec Group (fifth with $0.273 trillion revenue),China National Petroleum (sixth with $0.24 trillion revenue ), and State Grid (seventh with $0.226 trillion revenue) lead the Chinese companies ranking.

The indian companies have a total revenue US$ 0.3 trillion, Indian Oil cornered the highest place with 98th position within them.

Accord data from wikipedia , India GDP is $1.53 trillion in 2010.
So the total revenue of 61 Chinese mainland companies list on Fortune 500 is 1.89 times of India GDP. And there are dozens companies edge in the list, will add in the list next year.

Global 500 2011: Global 500 1-100 - FORTUNE on CNNMoney.com

So the sum total of revenues of 61 Chinese state held companies equals the GDP of India. BTW the GDP of India in 2010 was 1.7 trillion, and it has only grown in 2011. So I am afraid you will have to do calculations again. Since you are good at maths please calculate how many companies it would take to equal your own GDP.

Awesome! I wonder if we can find 61 US companies with revenue close to 6 trillion dollar?

So the sum total of revenues of 61 Chinese state held companies equals the GDP of India. BTW the GDP of India in 2010 was 1.7 trillion, and it has only grown in 2011. So I am afraid you will have to do calculations again. Since you are good at maths please calculate how many companies it would take to equal your won GDP.

India GDP was not 1.7 trillion in 2010 but 1.538 trillion instead.
$1.538 trillion (2010 est.)
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/in.html

Awesome! I wonder if we can find 61 US companies with revenue close to 6 trillion dollar?

United States far ahead of China, Chinese know that huge gap, and never think can compare with them.

Since when Wikipedia is a credible source ??? !!! Please click on the link and read the article properly before commenting.

At least more credible than someone estimate and say India GDP grow 10.4% in 2010.

Can we stop bringing in this kind of silly comparison between China and India?

What do you want to achieve? To show how China is better than India???

Both are still developing countries and both have tremendous obstacles to overcome in the near future.

Both need cooperate better in any possible way. Trust me, those western countries love to use this kind of divide/conquer technique to cause troubles between China and India.

China and India has co-existed peacefully for almost 5000 years. How did we have a border conflict not long after British's exit from India? Isn't the McMahon line is what British "brilliant" scheme was at work? How about the conflicts between India and Pakistan? You did not see the shadow of the almost sun-down empire???

How about those mid-east conflicts for the past 100 years? Without western countries interventions there, will we have such headache today???

How about those bloody in-fights, tribe fights, civil wars and etc in Africa??? Can't we see the shadow in play by those western countries? They pinned one tribe against another tribe, one country against another country, one "freedom" fighter against another "freedom" fighter, one dictator against another dictator???

BTW, both countries need do a better job to control the inflation. Otherwise, your GDP growth does not mean that much with the high-flying inflation.

Total revenue of Chinese major companies equal 1.89 times of India GDP

61 Chinese mainland companies and 8 Indian companies are on the list of world's 500 largest companies compiled by Fortune magazine,

The total revenue of the 61 Chinese mainland companies on the list hit US$2.89 trillion. Sinopec Group (fifth with $0.273 trillion revenue),China National Petroleum (sixth with $0.24 trillion revenue ), and State Grid (seventh with $0.226 trillion revenue) lead the Chinese companies ranking.

The indian companies have a total revenue US$ 0.3 trillion, Indian Oil cornered the highest place with 98th position within them.

Accord data from wikipedia , India GDP is $1.53 trillion in 2010.
So the total revenue of 61 Chinese mainland companies list on Fortune 500 is 1.89 times of India GDP. And there are dozens companies edge in the list, will add in the list next year.

Global 500 2011: Global 500 1-100 - FORTUNE on CNNMoney.com

well india is fast becoming insecure location for investment like pakistan.2-3 more incidents on its economic hub indian economy will go down like house of cards.

Can we stop bringing in this kind of silly comparison between China and India?

What do you want to achieve? To show how China is better than India???

Both are still developing countries and both have tremendous obstacles to overcome in the near future.

Both need cooperate better in any possible way. Trust me, those western countries love to use this kind of divide/conquer technique to cause troubles between China and India.

China and India has co-existed peacefully for almost 5000 years. How did we have a border conflict not long after British's exit from India? Isn't the McMahon line is what British "brilliant" scheme was at work? How about the conflicts between India and Pakistan? You did not see the shadow of the almost sun-down empire???

How about those mid-east conflicts for the past 100 years? Without western countries interventions there, will we have such headache today???

How about those bloody in-fights, tribe fights, civil wars and etc in Africa??? Can't we see the shadow in play by those western countries? They pinned one tribe against another tribe, one country against another country, one "freedom" fighter against another "freedom" fighter, one dictator against another dictator???

BTW, both countries need do a better job to control the inflation. Otherwise, your GDP growth does not mean that much with the high-flying inflation.

When I first came here, I have thinked like you, promote friendship and communication, but the idea had changed slowly, you see negative reports about China all over the forum, 100% from out India's friends.
And Chinese on the forum , never post the negative news about India, even make a compare will be criticized, that is the difference.
Why I post this ,all because see this post:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/119808-future-belongs-india-not-china.html
And this post only remind our India friends, perhaps the future belongs to India, but today belongs to the United States and Europe, tomorrow belongs to the United States、Europe and China, the day after tomorrow?who knows?

Congratulations. China has lots of money. US has 3 times more money than China. Russia and India are close in GDP. Canada's GDP is above India. Is there a point to all this apart from another one of the my d**k is bigger than your's syndrome?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom