dani191

Reaction score
Country
Israel
TOS-1A Seen in Saudi Arabia
April 10, 2019 - by Derek Bisaccio
800px-TOS-1_side_view.jpg

TOS-1 MLRS. Source: Vitaliy Ragulin/Wikimedia Commons

Saudi Arabia has taken delivery of its first TOS-1 multiple-launch rocket system (MLRS) from Russia.

A pair of images emerged on social media on April 9, 2019, appearing to show the TOS-1A MLRS in Saudi Arabia, after a delivery to the kingdom.

Ali Özkök@Ozkok_

https://twitter.com/Ozkok_/status/1115727337591537664

Looks like Saudis bought Tos-1 MLRS from Russia.

12:25 AM - Apr 10, 2019

73 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

A source in the Russian defense industry, speaking to Sputnik International, confirmed the delivery, saying, “The exports of TOS-1A Solntsepek to Saudi Arabia have been started. The first batch of the system has already been delivered to the kingdom.”

Further details, such as the number of systems on order or the number delivered in the first batch, were not provided. The financial value of the contract has not been disclosed.

In October 2017, Saudi Arabia signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Russia on acquiring a range of Russian military equipment, including the TOS-1A. Other systems that Riyadh may acquire are the Kornet-EM anti-tank missile and AGS-30 grenade launcher. Saudi Arabian Military Industries (SAMI) additionally inked documents with Rosoboronexport on the potential local manufacture of the hardware.

SAMI said at that time, “With the guidance of His Royal Highness the Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, the two parties signed these agreements, which are expected to play a pivotal role in the growth and development of the military and military systems industry in Saudi Arabia.”

Share this:
https://dsm.forecastinternational.com/wordpress/2019/04/10/tos-1a-seen-in-saudi-arabia/

Russians are fueling the Yemen war for money.
All weapon sellers do that don't watch German banning arm deals to Saudi that is for little period for political goals. They want just money more money more money no matter is important for them. I say that just for foreign weapon sales

All weapon sellers do that don't watch German banning arm deals to Saudi that is for little period for political goals. They want just money more money more money no matter is important for them. I say that just for foreign weapon sales
what about the saudi arabia defence industry?

what about the saudi arabia defence industry?
I can't say specially thing because that is a baby industry yet but I say that for exporting arms to other countries Saudi defence industry at the first want supply its it's armed forces. However even Saudi exporting arms with closed eyes that is wrong

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom