What's new

Top TTP commander Maulvi Faqir captured in Afghanistan: officials

Don't release him please.

Taliban commander held in east Afghanistan

KABUL (Reuters) - Afghan security forces captured a top Taliban commander during an operation in eastern Afghanistan, security officials said on Tuesday, in a move that could help improve trust between the two countries.

The arrest on Monday of Maulvi Faqir Mohammad, a regional commander for Pakistan's Taliban movement, Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), was hailed as a "big blow" to the movement by an Afghan interior ministry official.

Pakistan authorities have long demanded that Kabul take action against Pakistani insurgents who take refuge in areas of eastern Afghanistan just over the border. Kabul, in turn, says the insurgency in Afghanistan draws sustenance from sanctuaries in Pakistan.

Mohammad was captured during a raid in Nangarhar province by members of the Afghan intelligence agency, the National Directorate of Security (NDS), and Afghan police officers, according to officials from NDS and the Afghan interior ministry.

Mohammad has a tumultuous past with the Pakistani Taliban and last year was sacked as commander of the northern Bajaur region, after telling Pakistani media the TTP were holding peace talks with the government. The TTP denied his claim and replaced him with another commander, Mullah Dadullah. After Dadullah was killed in a NATO air strike in Afghanistan in August last year, Mohammad resumed his role.

Mohammad was responsible for several attacks against Pakistani forces and was known for his strict implementation of Islamic law in Bajaur.

Taliban commander held in east Afghanistan | The Nation

they should behead him and kick the head across the border. we will take care of the dkhead

But before punishing those scum bags...make sure that you guys should know the source of the problem....Who knows some of the politcian may be the source of all these....The greatest scums of India and Pakistan are the politician only...For their vote bank they can sell of the nation at any point of time...

He was arrested only after he declared he wanted "peace talks"

Is it a coincidence only?

Yeah, right!

I agree with you. Also now that Afghanistan is seeking Pakistan's help in reunification and reconciliation with Afghan Taliban, suddenly they discover where these criminals were hiding. I am sure Afghanistan knew all along where Maulvi Faqir Mohammad was in Afghanistan and pulled him out at the right time to show good faith to Pakistan.

Anyway, I am glad this "Khabees" is in custody and will meet his fate because he has blood of our jawans on his hands.

We have been regularly emphasizing cross border coordination between our regional allies. The capture of this terrorist proves the benefits of working side by side against our common enemies. We share a common stance against terrorism, and it only makes sense for us to cooperate with each other. The terrorists have taken advantage of our differences in the past by conducting terrorist activities on both sides of the border. The need of the hour is to stand together and combine our strength for the sake of achieving our common objectives. We cannot have a safe and stable region without a safe and stable Pakistan and Afghanistan. We encourage our regional partners to build on the improving relationship. We are confident of achieving our peace objectives through shared cooperation.

Ali Khan
DET, United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

We have been regularly emphasizing cross border coordination between our regional allies. The capture of this terrorist proves the benefits of working side by side against our common enemies. We share a common stance against terrorism, and it only makes sense for us to cooperate with each other. The terrorists have taken advantage of our differences in the past by conducting terrorist activities on both sides of the border. The need of the hour is to stand together and combine our strength for the sake of achieving our common objectives. We cannot have a safe and stable region without a safe and stable Pakistan and Afghanistan. We encourage our regional partners to build on the improving relationship. We are confident of achieving our peace objectives through shared cooperation.

Ali Khan
DET, United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

I swear to the name of Pakistan I won't say a word against your country for a month!!! Faqir Mohammed out! Imagine that!

People this is a big big haul. US has shut the mouth of a vociferous critic for a month. Ali Khan sahab, aap cha gayey hain. This is the second top commander killed or captured. First was Baitullah Maseed and this is the second one. Pakistan should have got him. At least US is doing something for this relationship.

You can salvage this relationship still @CENTCOM. Best wishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
The TTP denied his claim and replaced him with another commander, Mullah Dadullah. After Dadullah was killed in a NATO air strike in Afghanistan in August last year, Mohammad resumed his role.

This is incorrect information. Maulana Abu Bakr is the head of Bajaur Agency but it is true Faqir Mohammed was the past head. His death is a welcome step. He was evicted from Bajaur in operation Sherdil when security forces cleared Khar to thousands of cheering tribesmen who shouted slogans of Pakistan Zindabad. Entire bunkers were destroyed. I was praising NATO... this was done by Afghans.

But research commander Qasim too. We have helped Afghanistan too.

:raise::raise::raise:

Behead him -> Make minced meat -> Make doggy food....

Kissi jandar ka to faida ho! :D

Why did they not do that to Maulvi Umar and Muslim Khan who are in our custody right now? :azn:
I haven't even heard of a death penalty for them.

I agree with you. Also now that Afghanistan is seeking Pakistan's help in reunification and reconciliation with Afghan Taliban, suddenly they discover where these criminals were hiding. I am sure Afghanistan knew all along where Maulvi Faqir Mohammad was in Afghanistan and pulled him out at the right time to show good faith to Pakistan.

Anyway, I am glad this "Khabees" is in custody and will meet his fate because he has blood of our jawans on his hands.

Either way it is a huge victory for Pakistan. You don't know who the man is and how many Salarzai he killed man. He is a ******* genocidal rat-pardon the french. We were going to clear Bajaur and he ran away like Fazlullah, like Baitullah, like Hakimullah. Typical coward maulvi.

beheading Or killing them they will be doing them a favor after what they have done To our country we should cut their tongue their arms and legs and throw them at streets

Give him to Pakistan Army.

And find and kill Fazal Ullah too...
I don't think so .Afghan forces should have killed him right away .If he's sent here .Pakistan judicial system will release him .

Kill the Bastard

Nice catch, Afghanistan

Now behead according to sharia law which he wanted.
yes behead him .don't handover to pakistani coward army/police

Back
Top Bottom