What's new

Top military body to discuss long-range missile purchase

Short and Medium range AA and VL SAM systems... :) As Akinci said, Long range is a different story.

I agree with you on that, I think it's important to develope and improve the fields that we are capable of handling and becoming good at it. And when we have sufficient knowledge we can move on to bigger things. Like the article said posted by Akinci, we're interested in defensive capabilities, Long range missiles can be transformed into offensiv capability, but we're not interested in a war with our neighbours.

If i am not wrong turkey is under pressure from US to buy patriot on the other hand Russian is offering better option so difficult situation to decide which side to to go .:coffee:

Has Turkey not reached a point where they can develop their own weapons ?

Yeah there is a wpn and there is a wpn! this mean Turks cant do good wpns only Israel making good weapons. :lol: funny man

Turkiye is developing low/medium altitude air defense systems. This one is long altitude. Most probably, Turkiye will buy patriots.

I wish Turkiye will buy s300pmu2 systems but as Mr. monitor said "turkey is under pressure from US to buy patriot" so buying s300 is just a dream for me.

so which one is the best for turkey if you exclude the politics of the purchase?

I have heard that the s-300 has a better reach, whilst the pac-3 has better electronics , better hit-ratio, better networking capabilaties.

my unproffesional opinion is to buy some pac-3:s but also go with the russian made hard ware and then beef it up the electronics to suit our needs.

The goal should be a good defence today, but also to produce the next-generation missiles in-house in the near future.

thank you

Right, there's you who are blessed with USA support, and there's us standing nice and strong without a big brother.

:lol:

Most your gear is of American origin, and some stuff that you have bought from Israel, look who is talking, standing nice and strong :lol:

Long altitude air defence missile program called T-LORAMIDS will be ordered directly from a foreign contactor. The tender is in progress but All other Air defence missile/gun programs are under development phase in Turkish institutes...

Aselsan Domestic Self Propelled Anti-Aircraft Gun Development Project (Signed in 2009)

-Design-Development cost:120,326,449 EURO
AselsanSPAAG.jpg

S6303094.jpg

Domestic Low Altitude Towed Air Defence and Missile Systems Development (Signed in 2009-2010)

-Only Design Cost: 54,095,500 EURO
T-Laadms.jpg

dscf0876c.jpg

Domestic Low Altitude Air Defence Missile Development Program

-AHSFS Phase-1 (Design-Development Cost: 121,330,343 + 193,590,112 EURO) (TOTAL: 314,920,445 EURO)

T-Laadms.jpg

dscf0879.jpg

Domestic Medium Altitude Air Defence Missile Development Program

-OHSFS Phase-1 (Design-Development Cost: 109,278,504 + 132,113,714 EURO) (TOTAL: 241,392,218 EURO)

T-Maadms.jpg

dscf0877l.jpg

Most your gear is of American origin, and some stuff that you have bought from Israel, look who is talking, standing nice and strong :lol:

-If you talk about Turkish domestic programs, Those speeches are just BS.
-If you talk about the systems Turkey ORDERED from USA with some offsets, It is normal defence trade that every country, especially Israel makes..
-If you talk about Many Israeli defence products that Majority of them have been developed by technology/engineering support/subsystems, critical contributions/military aid/funds of USA, You are right...

Domestic Low Altitude Air Defence Missile Development Program

-AHSFS Phase-1 (Design-Development Cost: 121,330,343 + 193,590,112 EURO) (TOTAL: 314,920,445 EURO)

As1-1.jpg

Domestic Medium Altitude Air Defence Missile Development Program

-OHSFS Phase-1 (Design-Development Cost: 109,278,504 + 132,113,714 EURO) (TOTAL: 241,392,218 EURO)

as2.jpg

As a summery, Withing 2-3 years, Turkish defence industry would have been reached maturity enough to supply cost-effective, competitive strategic Attacking/Defensive missile systems; Those are as following;

Anti-Tank/personnel Missile sector;
-UMTAS Long Range
-OMTAS Tripod
-KMTAS Single soldier
-Cirit 2.75 inch semi-active laser/MEMS

Air to Air Missile Sector;
-Short Range IIR guided
-Long Range radar guided

Air to Ground Missile ssector
-KGK-82 (JDAM+Wing equivalent)
-KGK-83
-SDM
-HGK-2000lb
-HGK-1000lb
-Aselsan Laser Guided Bomb
-Demet Cluster Bomb
-SOM Cruise Missile
-ATMACA Anti-ship missile

SAM sector
-AHSFS Otonom Low Altitude
-AHSFS Towed Low Altitude
-OHSFS Medium Altitude

-----------------------------

Long Altitude Missile Defence system will be ordered directly.
I think PAC-3+ missile defence system integrated into Turkey's network centric warfare/software along with AN/TPY-2 NATO radar deployed in Turkey, Malatya will bring Turkey really strategic engagement capabilities against enemies...

pac-3_mse.jpg

I think you are missing the point here.. As you said we BOUGHT them with our own money, with the money that we have earned by ourselves.. We are not given weapons for free by a certain country.. We are not offered high technology for free by a certain country.. I hope you do not expect us to believe that all the technology developed in your country is REALLY developed in your country.. In this year that certain country gave us 0 (ZERO) dollar for millitary aid.. just like the last year, the one before that and so on.. You should know better than all of us how much your country has been given..

-If you talk about Turkish domestic programs, Those speeches are just BS.
-If you talk about the systems Turkey ORDERED from USA with some offsets, It is normal defence trade that every country, especially Israel makes..
-If you talk about Many Israeli defence products that Majority of them have been developed by technology/engineering support/subsystems, critical contributions/military aid/funds of USA, You are right...

What im talking about is there are weapons that Turkey can develop and there are systems that Turkey cant, simple as that.

care to provide example? you got me lost there, what technology transfer did Israel got for free?

Back
Top Bottom