What's new

Top lashkar commander killed!!

ravinderpalrulez

Reaction score
Country
India
Home > News > India

Kulgam encounter: Top LeT terrorist Junaid Mattoo gunned down; here’s who he was

Junaid Mattoo, top Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist, has reportedly been gunned down by the security forces in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kulgam district. An encounter broke out on Friday between security forces and terrorists at Idgah Mohalla in Kulgam district’s Arwani village in Jammu and Kashmir.

Rini Sharma | Updated: June 16, 2017 2:04 PM ISTFollowEmail

8Shares

Junaid-1.jpg

Junaid Mattoo (File image)
Srinagar, June 16: Junaid Mattoo, top Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist, has reportedly been gunned down by the security forces in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kulgam district. An encounter broke out on Friday between security forces and terrorists at Idgah Mohalla in Kulgam district’s Arwani village in Jammu and Kashmir.

Based on Intelligence inputs, the security forces had launched a cordon and search operation at Arwani village in Kulgam after getting a tip off about the suspected presence of terrorists in the area. Meanwhile, authorities have block 3G/4G mobile internet services across the Kashmir valley.

Who was Junaid Mattoo?
  • Junaid Mattoo, a LeT commander, has been active for the past two years and was put in the list of the 12 most wanted militants in the valley by the Army.
  • He has been termed as a ‘Category A’ terrorist with a prize of Rs 10 lakh on his head for capture. Category ‘A’ is the second highest classification in the order of their rank and threat.
  • Mattoo, a resident of Khudwan village in Kulgam, is believed to have joined militancy at the age of 18 in June 2015.
  • Mattoo was appointed LeT’s chief of Kulgam district after his friend, Majid Zargar the then chief of Kulgam, was killed by security forces in December last year.
  • If security forces are to be believed, Mattoo was supposedly a part of two separate attacks on police forces wherein, four policemen lost their lives.
  • Mattoo is the second big success for the security forces after Burhan Wani’s close aid Sabzar Ahmad Bhat was neutralised in an encounter on May 27 .
Reportedly, three terrorists, including Mattoo, were trapped in a building in Arwani village. As per CNN-News18, operations are ongoing but were hampered by stone pelters who are targeting the security forces from three sides.
http://www.india.com/news/india/kul...-mattoo-gunned-down-heres-who-he-was-2241168/

sometime i think if they did not mix religion in their liberation war they were today on high ground and have more options . but then again i think they are fighting for freedom on religion base .

This guy looks like a typical terrorist. Thank god , one more idiot eliminated.

sometime i think if they did not mix religion in their liberation war they were today on high ground and have more options . but then again i think they are fighting for freedom on religion base .

Whats about Balochistan and FATA? They are not fighting on religious ground.

The only muslim majority state of India.
Its purely a religion based struggle by muslim kashmiris only.
Its not politically correct in India to point this out but thats what it is.

The only muslim majority state of India.
Its purely a religion based struggle by muslim kashmiris only.
Its not politically correct in India to point this out but thats what it is.
but at this time religious wars era is over now its consider as terrorism in many places . so this is just waste of blood and efforts . they lose a place on table . and i am 100% every matter will be solved on table .

but at this time religious wars era is over now its consider as terrorism in many places . so this is just waste of blood and efforts . they lose a place on table . and i am 100% every matter will be solved on table .
And its so shocking for many Indians who watch muslim kashmiris spread all over India for earning .

IA was not joking when they said terrorist wont see this winter :D:D now waiting for Kashmir LeT chief Abu Dunja to be trapped and killed the same way which can be considered a huge success for security forces

Dry fruits being fed to this swines are not of top notch quality it seems, swine shelf life has been reduced drastically based on activity they perform e.g post a stupid posers photos in social media and entire gang gets dispatched to hell within months, post a video and get dispatched within weeks, appear in propaganda and gone in days.

You loose your ground on the day you thrown out pandits from valley,you guys literally blown up the saga " Kashmir is for Kashmiris"

Another great achievement from our army,I want all militants and separatist should die like this.

Celebrate all you can ,there will be more ,you killed one 10 will rise

10 more will be killed. But you can sleep well & do your 10 more will rise bull cr*p. They aren't from your household. Use your brains brother. No country at least not the size India is will allow a part of it to secede based purely on religious grounds.

Now think even Pak & it's generals know that. Even then you guys incite them & get them killed.

There is no way in hell India will let go of Kashmir.

Celebrate all you can ,there will be more ,you killed one 10 will rise

There are not many...Kashmiri Muslim population in Indian Kashmir is six million, and Indian are 1.3 billion people...so 10 would not rise. By that rate no Muslim in Kashmir will remain. Hope sense prevail among Muslims of the valley and they come back to mainstream

There are not many...Kashmiri Muslim population in Indian Kashmir is six million, and Indian are 1.3 billion people...so 10 would not rise. By that rate no Muslim in Kashmir will remain. Hope sense prevail among Muslims of the valley and they come back to mainstream
More than that J&K SOG And Police Who kill them are Mostly Muslims What I mean To say are that only Extremist and Wahhabi want Religious propaganda to flow among there population

Back
Top Bottom