What's new

Top 5 Asian Football Teams

Even we do play better than India, there is nothing to brag about, since we already suck compared to many others. :coffee:
China was Runner up in AFC cup in 1984 and 2004 (even though AFC cup is nothing, but still better then nothing)

China was top gold medal winning nation in last Olympics... and Chinese govt. do place a lot of effort to excel in sports ... i think China will make a mark in football much earlier than India..

Soccer is just not our game, lack of participation. Almost every Chinese loves football, mainly by watching. Few serious participants compared to that of European countries. China's only hope is probably on minority players, it is not hard to find very talented Uighurs and Kazakh kids in Xinjiang, in the past the area lacks of financial support. Now the economy picks up and they are already showing good potentials, let's see.

i think China will make a mark in football much earlier than India..

No, Chinese soccer isn't going anywhere because of a rampant corruption in the system and a $15 billion soccer gambling industry fixing matches.

In Chinese soccer, players aren't selected based on merits, rather by the player's connections and bribes. This is why the Chinese Messi who couldn't afford to pay the bribe to advance to the highschool soccer career is farming in the countryside, while the nephew of China's communist party officials made the national squad who then humiliates China by losing to everyone else.

So as long as the corruption is rampant in China, don't expect a miracle. The only way that China could go to the World Cup is by hosting it and get the host's ticket.

Soccer is just not our game, lack of participation.
Not true, China has a massive professional soccer league, but haunted by massive corruption and match-fixing by multi-billion dollar gambling industry.

No, Chinese soccer isn't going anywhere because of a rampant corruption in the system and a $15 billion soccer gambling industry fixing matches.

In Chinese soccer, players aren't selected based on merits, rather by the player's connections and bribes. This is why the Chinese Messi who couldn't afford to pay the bribe to advance to the highschool soccer career is farming in the countryside, while the nephew of China's communist party officials made the national squad who then humiliates China by losing to everyone else.

So as long as the corruption is rampant in China, don't expect a miracle. The only way that China could go to the World Cup is by hosting it and get the host's ticket.

Not true, China has a massive professional soccer league.

China made it the world cup before in 2002, so they can do it again

China made it the world cup before in 2002, so they can do it again

That's because Korea and Japan hosted the World Cup that year, leaving the door wide open for weaker countries in Asia(Korea and Japan didn't count in the 4.5 ticket allocation).

Like I said, the only way China could go to the World Cup is by hosting it and winning the host's ticket.

Not true, China has a massive professional soccer league, but haunted by massive corruption and match-fixing by multi-billion dollar gambling industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's because Korea and Japan hosted the World Cup that year, leaving the door wide open for weaker countries in Asia(Korea and Japan didn't count in the 4.5 ticket allocation).

Like I said, the only way China could go to the World Cup is by hosting it and winning the host's ticket.

Okay, Japan and Korea left TWO tickets only, so there were other teams in AFC for example Australia ?

china is better than India in football. India plays in west asia zone in world cup qualifiers and asia cup qualifiers and china in east asia zone so India China matches rarely take place.
Chinese clubs play in top asian club competition ACL (equivalent to UEFA CL) and Indian clubs play in Tier 2 continental tournament AFC Cup.
Japan,SK,Australia & Iran are traditional powerhouse of Asia in football.
Uzbekistan and Thailand are emerging nations.
SA,Qatar,Oman,UAE,NK can give serious competition to above teams.

Corruption doesn't have much impact on a country's sporting skills. Countries like Italy have scandals from time to time. The number of professional players in China is fewer than that of Norway. Even here in US you see formal games all over the place during weekends. If you go to countries like France and Italy, just walking by streets you will understand what "participation" means. In East Asian countries, only Japan's kids have potentials, sports is not something that you are automatically good with moneys and management.

racially chinese and korean are biological brothers ... so I think if Koreans can make a mark on world football so can China...

Talking about yourself again?
There is no soccer gambling in Korea.

That incident took place because Chinese gambling houses were booking bets on Korean matches to the Chinese gamblers based on the ground that Korean matches were free of game fixing, then bribed unknown back-up players to fix the match.

Korean soccer federation has a zero-tolerance game-fixing policy and banned the said players for life, in Korea and around the world. This is how the Korean soccer federation keeps the sport clean.

racially chinese and korean are biological brothers
They are not.

Chinese are migrants from Burma. Koreans are migrants from Siberia.

so I think if Koreans can make a mark on world football so can China...
Southeast Asians like Chinese are small-built, so they cannot really be competitive. This is why all Sinitic countries suck at soccer, and why the other Chinese guy was talking about sending Uyghurs and other minority players to China's national squad, because they have the physical strength lacked by Han Chinese players.

2002 worldcup was a ROK scandal!
My own pick of top 5 Asian teams in year 2022:

1. Japan
2. Iran
3. Saudia Arabia
4. Australia
5. China

Zico was instrumental in helping Japanese football to advace through the ranks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Korea vs Turkey in FIFA 2002 was an epic match by the way. Though Koreans applauded us even though they lost, it brought me some tears when i saw Koreans who supported Turkish national team even playing against Turkey :smitten:

Back
Top Bottom