What's new

TOP 20 Muslim Economies

Indian contribution to everything is exaggerated at best (by Indians ofcourse). Chinese contributed more. Islamic contribution to science is also significant (it was built on Indian/Chinese knowledge in many cases) and most of it came from Persia. All of us (Chinese, Muslims, Indians) are people under siege since we have fallen from grace and exaggeration helps us compensate for our weak position in western dominated world. Only thing we should count is things we do now and not we allegedly did 1500 years ago.

Indian contribution to everything is exaggerated at best (by Indians ofcourse). Chinese contributed more. Islamic contribution to science is also significant (it was built on Indian/Chinese knowledge in many cases) and most of it came from Persia. All of us (Chinese, Muslims, Indians) are people under siege since we have fallen from grace and exaggeration helps us compensate for our weak position in western dominated world. Only thing we should count is things we do now and not we allegedly did 1500 years ago.

when you invent a very fundamental thing which has wide applications...its meant to be a bit blurred and over the top.for example first swimming pool came in India so we invented public bathing.

Yar,how can Einstein be an "Academic" when it comes to "HISTORY AND DEVELOPMENT OF SCIENCE IN MIDDLE AGES AND ITS IMPACT ON MODERN SCIENCE"..Did he EVER work on this "Thesis"? I am ONLY giving you the sources that did "solid research" on the mentioned thesis or their thesis was somehow related to it...Still,you didn't get my point.."Praising" is different thing...All quotes you provided were "praising" Indian Civilization....There is a difference :) Anyways,lets knock it down here...I guess I have made my point clear . . .

Einstein would know better how important Zero was for his E=mc^2 or Heisenberg would know better how important it was for his uncertainity principle or Hogden (a mathematician) would know how important Indian contribution was for their discoveries.

It was not a praise, it was just a matter of fact and even if it was praise it was well justified. People of those calibre dont go about empty boasting.

I hope I too have made my point clear.

:lol: yar,you are "quoting" sources...and you should know the actual source too ...Like I even gave you the "page numbers" of the books,so you can check my source for yourself...Its like I am saying Einstein said "Auz is better scientist than me" and then I say to you "It is true,if you can prove it otherwise then prove it" ...hahah...Anyways, Its OK...I know the reality ...No one cares what some fanboys on this page say...

And to the blue part..... Yes,due credit should be given to the deserving no matter what....Some Indian retard boasted that Muslims took ALL things from India and presented it as their own and this just pissed me off as I myself have remained a student of 'human civilization history'...

Anyways Cheers !

That part is true for the Number system, decimal point and Zero. I have not gone deep into the mettalurgy,astronomy,surgery etc to have a definite opinion on that.

And what do mean by praise ? Even the historian you quoted was praising. The only difference was the he cared to put it(praise) down in words, whereas Einstein or Heisenberg did not do that !

Indonesia - Top Muslim Economy :smitten:

SBYIndiavisit.jpg

953637578e06bd343906587d4284_grande.jpg

ox281256860659876228.jpg

Thank you genius ..Why the fcuk I talk with Indian kids :hitwall:

Beta you are quoting me wikipedia...I am referring to the modern SCHOLAR'S POINT OF VIEW :hitwall::hitwall:

Didn't I quote Bernard Lewis for you? Do you even know who this guy is? I've read his works and yes,I also don't agree with him 100% but GOSH ! He is an EXPERT SCHOLAR in Middle-Eastern studies.....What you are quoting to support your (laughable) point? Yeah wikipedia (Facepalm)

Give me 75 mins and then check Wikipedia...It will be saying "Einstein had Muslim influence" :lol:

Since you are too young to argue on academic basis....Let me make it little easy for you..I am NOT denying Indian medicine or whatever...Muslims studied Greeks/Indians etc etc..but this doesn't take away the credit of Muslims ! West got almost ALL stuff from Muslim civilization but can you take credit from the West?

Let me quote again :

"Modern science was due to the cumulative efforts of the Hellenic, Islamic and Latin civilizations." Edward Grant .

Source(Edward Grant (1996), The Foundations of Modern Science in the Middle Ages: Their Religious, Institutional, and Intellectual Contexts,Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.)"

Why there is no mention of your great "Indian civilization"? Yes because Indian contribution is almost nothing when compared to the contributions made by Muslim civilization (With due respect to your great land)..You have to understand that when I say "Muslim Civilization" , I am talking about a whole civilization stretched from central Asia to the shores of Atlantic . . . . . . This civilization wasn't isolated.People from ALL background were welcome by great Muslim Empires. . .

"The Caliphate was the first truly universal civilization, which brought together for the first time "peoples as diverse as the Chinese, the Indians, the people of the Middle East and North Africa, black Africans,and white Europeans." Bernard Lewis.

(SOURCE)
Bernard Lewis (2003), "From Race and Slavery in the Middle East: An Historical Enquiry", in Kevin Reilly,
Stephen Kaufman,
Angela Bodino, Racism: A Global Reader, M.E. Sharpe, pp. 52–8.

Seriously Indians,have some respect.....Atleast,read good books before making fun of your own self.

Alright here we go.. with sources this time.

Professor Arthur Holmes (1895-1965) geologist, professor at the University of Durham. He writes regarding the age of the earth in his great book, The Age of Earth (1913) as follows:

"Long before it became a scientific aspiration to estimate the age of the earth, many elaborate systems of the world chronology had been devised by the sages of antiquity. The most remarkable of these occult time-scales is that of the ancient Hindus, whose astonishing concept of the Earth's duration has been traced back to Manusmriti, a sacred book.

source: Hinduism and Scientific Quest - By T. R. R. Iyengar p. 20-21

Alan Watts, a professor, graduate school dean and research fellow of Harvard University, drew heavily on the insights of Vedanta. Watts became well known in the 1960s as a pioneer in bringing Eastern philosophy to the West. He wrote:

"To the philosophers of India, however, Relativity is no new discovery, just as the concept of light years is no matter for astonishment to people used to thinking of time in millions of kalpas, ( A kalpa is about 4,320,000 years). The fact that the wise men of India have not been concerned with technological applications of this knowledge arises from the circumstance that technology is but one of innumerable ways of applying it."

(source: Spiritual Practices of India - By Frederic Spiegelberg Introduction by Alan Watts p. 8-9).

Dick Teresi author and coauthor of several books about science and technology, including The God Particle. He is cofounder of Omni magazine and has written for Discover, The New York Times Magazine, and The Atlantic Monthly. He says

"Indian cosmologists, the first to estimate the age of the earth at more than 4 billion years. They came closest to modern ideas of atomism, quantum physics, and other current theories. India developed very early, enduring atomist theories of matter. Possibly Greek atomistic thought was influenced by India, via the Persian civilization."

source: Lost Discoveries: The Ancient Roots of Modern Science - By Dick Teresi p. 159 and 174 -212).

Count Maurice Maeterlinck (1862-1949) was a Belgian writer of poetry, a wide variety of essays. He won the 1911 Nobel Prize for literature. In his book Mountain Paths, says:

"he falls back upon the earliest and greatest of Revelations, those of the Sacred Books of India with a Cosmogony which no European conception has ever surpassed."

(source: Mountain Paths - By Maurice Maeterlinck).

Marquis Pierre Simon de Laplace ( 1749-1827) French mathematician, philosopher, and astronomer, a contemporary of Napoleon. Laplace is best known for his nebular hypothesis of the origin of the solar system. wrote:

"Nevertheless the ancient reputation of the Indians does not permit us to doubt that they have always cultivated astronomy, and the remarkable exactness of the mean motions which they assign to the Sun and the Moon necessarily required very ancient observation."

Yaqubi, Shiite historian, wrote in the ninth century: "Hindu are more exact in astronomy and astrology than any other people.

(source: Hinduism and Scientific Quest - By T R. R. Iyengar p. 153-154 South Asia Books ASIN 8124600775)

Will Durant (1885-1981) American eminent historian, would like the West to learn from India, tolerance and gentleness and love for all living things:

He has noted in his book, The Case for India:

"India was the motherland of our race, and Sanskrit the mother of Europe's languages: she was the mother of our philosophy; mother, through the Arabs, of much of our mathematics; mother, through the Buddha, of the ideals embodied in Christianity; mother, through the village community, of self-government and democracy.

(source: The Case for India - By Will Durant).

Georges Ifrah ( ? ) French historian of Mathematics and author of the book, The Universal History of Numbers has written:

"Sanskrit means “complete”, “perfect” and “definitive”. In fact, this language is extremely elaborate, almost artificial, and is capable of describing multiple levels of meditation, states of consciousness and psychic, spiritual and even intellectual processes. As for vocabulary, its richness is considerable and highly diversified. Sanskrit has for centuries lent itself admirably to the diverse rules of prosody and versification. Thus we can see why poetry has played such a preponderant role in all of Indian culture and Sanskrit literature. "

(source: The Universal History of Numbers - By Georges Ifrah p. 431).

Arnold Hermann Ludwig Heeran (1760-1842) in his Historical Researches Vol II p. 201, says: "The literature of the Sanskrit language incontestably belongs to a highly cultivated people, whom we may with great reason consider to have been the most informed of all the Epics. It is, at the same time, a scientific and a poetic literature." He also says: "Hindu literature is one of the richest in prose and poetry."

(source: Hindu Superiority - By Har Bilas Sarda p.203).

The distinguished German critic, Schlegal, in History of Literature p. 117, says:

"Justly it is called Sanskrit, ie. perfected, finished. In its structure and grammar, it closely resembles the Greek, but is infinitely more regular and therefore more simple, though not less rich. It combines fullness, indicative of Greek development, the brevity and nice accuracy of Latin; whilst having a near affinity to the Persian and German roots, it is distinguished by expression as enthusiastic and forcible as theirs."

Princeton University’s Paul Steinhardt and Cambridge University’s Neil Turok, have recently developed The Cyclical Model.

They have just fired their latest volley at that belief, saying there could be a timeless cycle of expansion and contraction. It’s an idea as old as Hinduism, updated for the 21st century. The theorists acknowledge that their cyclic concept draws upon religious and scientific ideas going back for millennia — echoing the "oscillating universe" model that was in vogue in the 1930s, as well as the Hindu belief that the universe has no beginning or end, but follows a cosmic cycle of creation and dissolution.

(source: Questioning the Big Bang - msnbcnews.com).

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860), German philosopher and writer. He was one of the greatest philosophers of the 19th century. He was the first Western philosopher to have access to translations of philosophical material from India, both Vedic and Buddhist, by which he was profoundly affected. Counted among his disciples are such thinkers as Nietzsche and Wittgenstein, as well as Sigmund Freud, who takes a large part of his psychological theory from the writings of Schopenhauer.

No other major Western philosopher so signalizes the turn towards India, combined with a disenchantment with the European-Christian tradition. He proclaimed the concordance of his philosophy with the teachings of Vedanta. His contribution to the propagation and popularization of Indian concepts has been considerable.

"There is no religion or philosophy so sublime and elevating as Vedanta."

(source: India and Europe: An Essay in Understanding - By Wilhelm Halbfass p. 436).

Fredric Ives Carpenter in his book, Emerson and Asia (1930) says, that Emerson was the first American thinker to plant Oriental, especially Indian thought, on the American soil and draw spiritual inspiration from it. The poem Brahma became a controversial poem from the very beginning because of its anti-Christian attitude and the direct treatment of the Upanishadic mysticism

Emerson, talking of the Upanishads and the Vedas, said that having read them, he could not put them away. "They haunt me. In them I have found eternal compensation, unfathomable power, unbroken peace."

(source: The Commemorative Sanskrit Souvenir 2003 of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan p. 28).

Wilhelm von Humboldt (1767- 1835) Prussian minister of education, a brilliant linguist and the founder of the science of general linguistics. Humboldt began to learn Sanskrit in 1821 and was greatly moved by Schlegel's edition of the Bhagavad Gita, on which he published an extensive study. The Bhagavad Gita made a great impression on Humboldt, who said that " this episode of the Mahabharata was:

"The most beautiful, perhaps the only true philosophical song existing in any known tongue ....perhaps the deepest and loftiest thing the world has to show."

(source: Philosophy of Hinduism - An Introduction - By T. C. Galav Universal Science-Religion. p 650).

Dr. Arnold Joseph Toynbee (1889-1975) the great British historian. His massive research was published in 12 volumes between 1934 and 1961 as `A Study of History'. Author of several books, including Christianity: Among the Religions of the World and One World and India. Toynbee was a major interpreter of human civilization in the 20th century.

"It is already becoming clear that a chapter which had a Western beginning will have to have an Indian ending if it is not to end in self-destruction of the human race. At this supremely dangerous moment in human history , the only way of salvation is the ancient Hindu way. Here we have the attitude and spirit that can make it possible for the human race to grow together in to a single family."

“So now we turn to India. This spiritual gift, that makes a man human, is still alive in Indian souls. Go on giving the world Indian examples of it. Nothing else can do so much to help mankind to save itself from destruction.”

Victor Cousin (1792-1867) eminent French philosopher, whose knowledge of the history of European philosophy was unrivalled, believes that:

"When we read with attention the poetical and philosophical monuments of the East--above all, those of India, which are beginning to spread in Europe--we discover there many a truth, and truths so profound, and which make such a contrast with the meanness of the results at which European genius has sometimes stopped, that we are constrained to bend the knee before the philosophy of the East, and to see in this cradle of the human race the native land of the highest philosophy."

(source: Is India Civilized: Essays on Indian Culture - By Sir John Woodroffe p. 132).

(Continued)

Jules Michelet (1798 -1874) French writer and the greatest historian of the Romantic school said:

"At its starting point in India, the birthplace of races and religions, the womb of the world."

While seeking for the wisdom of ages, he cried at the commencement of his work, “The Bible of Humanity”: “The year 1863 will remain dear and blessed to me.” Why? Because he had read India’s sacred poem, the Ramayana.

"Divine poem, ocean of milk!"

cried Michelet on discovering this ancient Scripture.

(source: India and World Civilization - By D. P. Singhal Pan Macmillan Limited. 1993. Part II p. 213).

Francois Marie Arouet Voltaire (1694-1774) France's greatest writers and philosophers, was a theist, and a bitter critic of the Church, which he looked upon as the instigator of cruelty, injustice, and inequality.

Voltaire concluded, " I am convinced that everything has come down to us from the banks of the Ganga (Ganges), - astronomy, astrology, metempsychosis, etc."

" It is very important to note that some 2,500 years ago at the least Pythagoras went from Samos to the Ganga (Ganges) to learn geometry...But he would certainly not have undertaken such a strange journey had the reputation of the Brahmins' science not been long established in Europe..."

(source: The Invasion That Never Was - By Michel Danino and Sujata Nahar p. 12 - 13 and 18 and 90 - 91).

Alfred North Whitehead (1861-1947), British mathematician, logician and philosopher best known for his work in mathematical logic and who, in collaboration with Bertrand Russell, authored the landmark three-volume Principia Mathematica (1910, 1912, 1913).

Whitehead is reported to have remarked:

" Vedanta is the most impressive metaphysics the human mind has conceived."

(source: Huston Smith: Essays on World Religion edited by M. Darrrol Bryant Paragon House 1992 p 135).

Julius Robert Oppenheimer (1904-1967) Scientist, philosopher, bohemian, and radical. A theoretical physicist and the Supervising Scientist for the Manhattan Project, the developer of the atomic bomb. Graduating from Harvard University, he traveled to Cambridge University to study at the Cavendish Laboratory.

Oppenheimer acquired a deeper knowledge of the Bhagavad Gita in 1933 when, as a young professor of physics, he studied Sanskrit with Professor Arthur W Ryder (1877-1938) at Berkeley.

The Gita, Oppenheimer excitedly wrote to his brother Frank Oppenheimer, was.

“very easy and quite marvelous”.

(source: Robert Oppenheimer Letters and Recollections - By Alice K Smith and Charles Weiner p. 165).

Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel (1887--1961) was a great German philosopher and a philosophical predecessor of the New England Transcendentalists. He wrote in his "lectures on the Philosophy of History." Hegel belongs to the period of "German idealism" in the decades following Kant. He wrote:

“India has always been an object of yearning, a realm of wonder, a world of magic.”

"India is the land of dreams. India had always dreamt - more of the Bliss that is man's final goal. And this has helped India to be more creative in history than any other nation. Hence the effervescence of myths and legends, religious and philosophies, music, and dances and the different styles of architecture." 61

"India has created a special momentum in world history as a country to be searched for."

(source: A Survey of Hinduism - By Klaus K. Klostermaier. pg 17).

Erwin Schroedinger (1887--1961) Austrian theoretical physicist, was a professor at several universities in Europe. He was awarded the Nobel prize Quantum Mechanics, in 1933. During the Hitler era he was dismissed from his position for his opposition to the Nazi ideas and he fled to England. He was the author of Meine Weltansicht

Schrodinger wrote in his book Meine Weltansicht

“This life of yours which you are living is not merely apiece of this entire existence, but in a certain sense the whole; only this whole is not so constituted that it can be surveyed in one single glance. This, as we know, is what the Brahmins express in that sacred, mystic formula which is yet really so simple and so clear; tat tvam asi, this is you. Or, again, in such words as “I am in the east and the west, I am above and below, I am this entire world.”

Nicola Tesla (1856-1943) the Serbian-American inventor, electrical engineer, and scientist,. Nikola Tesla, one of the most incredible inventors of all time, developed this Scaler technology in the early 1900's. Every major technology currently being used today was invented by Tesla including alternating current, television, radio, robotics etc. etc.

He used ancient Sanskrit terminology in his descriptions of natural phenomena.

As early as 1891 Tesla described the universe as a kinetic system filled with energy which could be harnessed at any location. His concepts during the following years were greatly influenced by the teachings of Swami Vivekananda. Swami Vivekananda was the first of a succession of eastern yogi's who brought Vedic philosophy and religion to the west.

After meeting the Swami and after continued study of the Eastern view of the mechanisms driving the material world, Tesla began using the Sanskrit words Akasha, Prana, and the concept of aluminiferous ether to describe the source, existence and construction of matter.

(source: Nicola Tesla, Albert Einstein and Swami Vivekananda).

Albert Einstein, (1879-1955) physicist. In 1905 He published his theory of Relativity. Einstein said:

" When I read the Bhagavad-Gita and reflect about how God created this universe everything else seems so superfluous."

"We owe a lot to Indians who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made."

(source: http://www.agbioworld.org/biotech_info/articles/prakash/prakashart/plant_biotech.html).

Niels Henrik David Bohr, (1885-1962) Danish nuclear physicist who developed the Bohr model of the atom. His received the Nobel Prize in physics in 1922, for his theory of atomic structure (Quantum Theory).

He is on record as saying that he goes into the Upanishads to ask questions.

(source: From article - Indian Conquests of the Mind - By Saibal Gupta. The Statesman.org)

T. S. (Thomas Stearns) Eliot (1888-1965) American-English Harvard educated poet, playwright, and literary critic, a leader of the modernist movement in literature.

Eliot was awarded the Nobel Prize for literature in 1948. He drew his intellectual sustenance from the Bhagavad Gita. He considered it to be the greatest philosophical poem after Dante's Divine Comedy. (source: Resinging the Gita).

Also, he kept a copy of The Twenty-eight Upanishads in his personal library for ready reference. (Among the books from Eliot's library now in the Hayward Bequest in King's College Library is Vasudev Lazman Sastri Phansikar's The Twenty-Eight Upanishads (Bombay: Tukaram Javaji, 1906).

Werner Karl Heisenberg (1901-1976) German theoretical physicist was one of the leading scientists of the 20th century. Heisenberg spent some time in India as Rabindranath Tagore's guest in 1929. There he got acquainted with Indian philosophy which brought him great comfort for its similarity to modern physics.

Heisenberg is best known for his Uncertainty Principle and was awarded the Nobel Prize in physics.

"the startling parallelism between today's physics and the world-vision of eastern mysticism remarks, the increasing contribution of eastern scientists from India, China and Japan, among others, reinforces this conjunction. Physical science has now become planetary and draws into its fold an increasing number of non-westerners who find in its new vision of the universe many elements that are quick to note, one cannot always distinguish between statements made by eastern metaphysics based on mystical insight, and the pronouncements of modern physics based on observations, experiments and mathematical calculations."

(source: Hinduism Today - December 2002).

Herman Hesse (1877-1962) German poet and novelist, awarded the Nobel Prize for literature in 1946, found in Indian thought an answer to his yearning for deliverance from "ego" and from the tyrannical dictates of temporality. Indian thought offered the most radical possibility of undoing the curse of individuation, of annihilating the "idiotic one-after-the-other" by the postulation of the eternal simultaneity of nirvana.

The positive attitude of the Bhagavad Gita also appealed to Hesse.

"The marvel of the Bhagavad-Gita is its truly beautiful revelation of life's wisdom which enables philosophy to blossom into religion."

Prof. Brian David Josephson (1940 - ) Welsh physicist, the youngest Nobel Laureate has said:

"The Vedanta and the Sankhya hold the key to the laws of mind and thought process which are co-related to the Quantum Field, i.e. the operation and distribution of particles at atomic and molecular levels."

"He has turned to meditation and Indian Philosophy especially the Vedanta and Smakhya philosophy to find" scientific explanations" for the laws of mind and thought processes and their correlation to the quantum field in physics, which deals with creation and destruction of particles at atomic and molecular levels. 'Indian philosophy shows the relationship between mind and matter. Mind as seen in Indian philosophy enables one to describe subjective reality or the process of decision making as a wave function in terms of quantum physics".

Samkhya and Vedanta propound the evolution of universe in it inanimate and animate aspects, more comprehensively than modern science does. Vedananta derives it from primal Divine Energy or Sakti and Samkhya from proto-Nature or Prakriti.

(source: Science and Vedanta - By H. M. Ganesh Rao and Mera Bharat Mahan).

Romain Rolland (1866-1944) French Nobel laureate, professor of the history of music at the Sorbonne and thinker. He authored a book on the Life of Ramakrishna

This is what he said about India: "If there is one place on the face of the earth where all the dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is India....For more than 30 centuries, the tree of vision, with all its thousand branches and their millions of twigs, has sprung from this torrid land, the burning womb of the Gods. It renews itself tirelessly showing no signs of decay."

"Let us return to our eagle's nest in the Himalayas. It is waiting for us, for it is ours, eaglets of Europe, we need not renounce any part of our real nature...whence we formerly took our flight."

(source: Philosophy of Hinduism - An Introduction - By T. C. Galav Universal Science-Religion. p 20).

Erwin Schroedinger (1887--1961) Austrian theoretical physicist, was a professor at several universities in Europe. He was awarded the Nobel prize Quantum Mechanics, in 1933. During the Hitler era he was dismissed from his position for his opposition to the Nazi ideas and he fled to England. He was the author of Meine Weltansicht

Schrodinger wrote in his book Meine Weltansicht

“This life of yours which you are living is not merely apiece of this entire existence, but in a certain sense the whole; only this whole is not so constituted that it can be surveyed in one single glance. This, as we know, is what the Brahmins express in that sacred, mystic formula which is yet really so simple and so clear; tat tvam asi, this is you. Or, again, in such words as “I am in the east and the west, I am above and below, I am this entire world.”

Schrodinger’s influential What is life? the physical aspect of the living cell & Mind and matter (1944) also used Vedic ideas. The book became instantly famous although it was criticized by some of its emphasis on Indian ideas. Francis Clark, the co-discoverer of the DNA code, credited this book for key insights that led him to his revolutionary discovery.

According to his biographer Walter Moore, there is a clear continuity between Schrodinger’s understanding of Vedanta and his research:

George Bernard Shaw, (1856-1950) a vegetarian and Nobel Laureate in Literature. He was an active socialist on the executive committee of the Fabian Society along with Annie Besant. Famous British Author and Playwright, of books such as Pygmalion.

Shaw remarked:

"The Indian way of life provides the vision of the natural, real way of life. We veil ourselves with unnatural masks. On the face of India are the tender expressions which carry the mark of the Creators hand. "

Frederick Soddy (1877 - 1956) English born scientist. Studied in the University of Oxford. From 1900 to 1902 and was Chemistry assistant in the University of McGill, Montreal, where he co-worked with Rutherford. He received in 1921 a Nobel Prize Laureate in Chemistry.

In 1903, with Sir William Ramsay, Soddy verified that the decay of radium produced helium.

He had a great regard for the Indian epics of Ramayana and The Mahabharat. In 1909 when academics were first beginning to grasp the awesome power of the atom, he did not take these ancient records as fable.

(source: We Are Not The First: Riddles of Ancient Science - By Andrew Tomas p. 53)

William Butler Yeats (1856-1939) Irish poet and a 1923 Nobel Laureate in Literature.

Yeats found Indian ideas of philosophy, art, and religion inspiring and stimulating to such a great extent that a vital part of his career became his assimilating them as well as reproducing them through his own art. Yeats reacted to India with insight, admiration, sympathy and affection.

(source: We Are Not The First: Riddles of Ancient Science - By Andrew Tomas p. 53).

I can give you few more hundred quotes from scientists, artists, historians of every time.

Indonesia - Top Muslim Economy :smitten:
not yet turkey has the biggest economy indonesia will be probably at the end of this year :azn:

is nigeria a Muslim country?? i guess not..

half of nigeria is muslim. there are christians (%48)as much as muslims (%50) but being a christian is easier than being a muslim , i think most of them fake christians :azn:

not yet turkey has the biggest economy indonesia will be probably at the end of this year :azn:

:

Maybe got to with India and Indonesia increasing trade and having free trade with each other, helping Indonesia to over take Turkey. :azn:

Lol, naah, Im happy with Turkey and Indonesia being the 2 strongest Islamic economy in the World.

Indonesia will surpass Turkey at the end of this year.

TOP 20 Muslim Economies (IMF 2011)

1.Indonesia 822.631
2.Turkey 797.605
3.S.Arabia 578.566
4.Iran 420.894
5.UAE 363.815
6.Nigeria 267.779
7.Malaysia 247.781
8.Egypt 231.111
9.Pakistan 202.831
10.Qatar 194.270
11.Algeria 192.384
12.Kuwait 172.778
13.Kazakhstan 168.789
14.Bangladesh 115.387
15.Iraq 108.418
16.Morocco 100.323
17.Sudan 75.103
18.Azerbaijan 72.189
19.Syria 68.336
20.Oman 66.048

Total 5.267.038 Japan 5.821.945

Even 20 Muslim country can't surpass Japan which have 130 million pop.
Petrol Exporters (only top 20) billion$
1.S.Arabia 324.837
2.UAE 107.629
3.Qatar 107.359
4.Iran 97.005
5.Kuwait 88.214
6.Nigeria 87.923
7.Algeria 83.333
8.Iraq 70.855
9.Kazakhstan 54.086
10.Azerbaijan 35.855
11.Oman 32.968
12.Malaysia 24.002
13.Indonesia 20.808
14.Sudan 13.958
15.Egypt 9.981
16.Syria 6.652
17.Turkey 6.443
18.Pakistan 1.237
19.Morocco 0.658
20.Bangladesh --

Total: 1.173.803

Petrol Importers (only top 20) billion$
1.Turkey 56.121
2.Indonesia 34.127
3.Malaysia 16.797
4.Pakistan 13.221
5.Morocco 11.819
6.Nigeria 11.581
7.Iraq 8.690
8.Egypt 5.702
9.Syria 5.196
10.Bangladesh 4.622
11.Kazakhstan 3.282
12.Iran 1.089
13.Sudan 0.291
14.Kuwait--
Oman--
Azerbaijan--
Algeria--
S.Arabia --
Qatar--
UAE --

Total: 168.534

2011 IMF
GDP+PETROL IMPORT-PETROL EXPORT

1.Turkey 847.283
2.Indonesia 835.950
3.Iran 324.978
4.UAE 256.186
5.S.Arabia 253.729
6.Malaysia 240.576
7.Egypt 226.832
8.Pakistan 214.815
9.Nigeria 191.437
10.Bangladesh 120.009
11.Kazakhstan 117.985
12.Morocco 111.484
13.Algeria 109.051
14.Qatar 86.911
15.Kuwait 84.564
16.Syria 66.880
17.Sudan 61.436
18.Iraq 46.253
19.Azerbaijan 36.334
20.Oman 33.080

Total:4.265.773

Bangladesh's position is really good. Uae is better than S.Arabia interesting.

2/3rd of the 5.27Trillion USD would be from Oil & gas alone. Fortunately or unfortunately most of the muslim countries are blessed with oil reserves.
What will happen to these countries once they run out of oil?

without petrol revenue Total:4.265.773
with petrol revenue Total 5.267.038

not 2/3 only %19 :azn:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom