What's new

Top 15 Militaries

I dunno now. Maybe I have to keep repeating myself, but that is boring inspite of my Quintuple digit IQ ideas.
But may be I did it in the post above- and broke some hearts and trampled some egos.

Forget even triple digit IQ's If these fools had some basic common sense and grip on logic and reality this would not need explaining.

How true! Most times Nuclear powers are in the state of "A Woman all dressed up and no place to go".
Case in point: USA, huge nuclear power but had to leave Korea and Viet Nam like the villagers in "Fiddler on the Roof".
This Nuke business is just so much hogwash, that the Soviets and the Americans understood that and worked to reduce their stockpiles. Of course other countries have not yet understood that principle fully, but will eventually.

Don't you think we should credit the western powers plus the Japanese to put a very high premium (to the extent of self extinction or the US/ Soviets in demonstrating considerable restraint) for a nuke power to use it's nukes in anger?

Don't you think we should credit the western powers plus the Japanese to put a very high premium (to the extent of self extinction or the US/ Soviets in demonstrating considerable restraint) for a nuke power to use it's nukes in anger?

They lowed stockpiles to increase combat efficiency, had nothing to do with the interest of others or 'restraint'. It was done in their militarizes own interest.

US does not suffer from some insecurity and it knows its in a winning game.

They lowed stockpiles to increase combat efficiency, had nothing to do with the interest of others or 'restraint'. It was done in their militarizes own interest.

I don't think you understood my post.

I don't think you understood my post.

I understood it. The reason the US used the nukes on japan, was because the US was the first to have them and no one else had them at the time. It was in US interest to use it, it would not effect the US in anyway weather it used it or not at the time. In fact at the time it would have increased combat efficiency.

Don't you think we should credit the western powers plus the Japanese to put a very high premium to the extent of self extinction or the US in demonstrating considerable restraint for a nuke power to use it's nukes in anger?

No. I would not credit them with any self-restraint in this matter. The issue is this- the moral stakes involved. Any Political leader or Military Commander who decides to press that "Red Button" will go down in history as an amalgam of Frankenstein, Attila the Hun, Hitler, and every other human scourge that one can think off. Nobody how powerful has been willing to don that Crown yet. Not Stalin, not Krushchev, Reagan, Saddam or anybody yet. About the Fat Kims, one can't be sure but even there I think its brinkmanship more than anything else.
And that is just the one aspect of this. Maybe @Sinhala will like to add to this.

US does not suffer from some insecurity and it knows its in a winning game.

Yes that is precisely what happened. Both super-powers knew that the Nukes were a diminishing asset.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. I would not credit them with any self-restraint in this matter. The issue is this- the moral stakes involved. Any Political leader or Military Commander who decides to press that "Red Button" will go down in history as an amalgam of Frankenstein, Attila the Hun, Hitler, and every other human scourge that one can think off. Nobody how powerful has been willing to don that Crown yet. Not Stalin, not Krushchev, Reagan, Saddam or anybody yet. About the Fat Kims, one can't be sure but even there I think its brinkmanship more than anything else.
And that is just the one aspect of this. Maybe @Sinhala will like to add to this.

I would still credit them with formulating the policy of 1st of having nukes - by controlling tech / raw material and 2nd in putting a very high premium in actually using one.

Yes thats entirely correct, the US has more at stake than just its military interest. They know they can easily win the war, however the US is country a with a very high reputation for respect of the law, and civil liberties, despite what many of you may think. They intend on protecting that reputation.

That is besides the fact that it is also in their military interest to not nuke iraq or Afghanistan.

I would still credit them with formulating the policy of 1st of having nukes - by controlling tech / raw material and 2nd in putting a very high premium in actually using one.

I would postulate it differently. First of all when the Americans embarked on the Manhattan Project, even they could not really imagine the magnitude of that weapon. Los Alamos was something that woke up the scientists like Oppenheimer to the unbounded ferocity of the contraption. I'll go further, it was probably that realisation which worked on the mind of scientists like Klaus Fuchs more than idealogy that prompted them to share/spy the secrets to the Soviets. That this weapon was too awesome to be allowed to remain in the sole posession of just one country. Later Truman woke up to a similar realisation, which dissuaded him from trying it out in Korea in spite of MacArthur's pressure. By that time,both superpowers progressively veered around to the idea that this weapon was just too dangerous to be used. Later they began to think that it was even too dangerous to be kept. Right now since the Nuclear Genie has been uncorked out of the bottle, the Russians and Americans have started scratching their heads as to keep some control on it in other parts of the world. There is no chance that they will use it on each other.

I will publish the Top 100. Hold on.
Acccording to your list Pakistan is not even in top 15 are you kidding or what Man Pakistan Military is far more stronger than Australia and Brazil and the list up to hundred is complete disaster a complete one :hitwall:

Acccording to your list Pakistan is not even in top 15 are you kidding or what Man Pakistan Military is far more stronger than Australia and Brazil and the list up to hundred is complete disaster a complete one :hitwall:

rofl Australia operate Fa /18 Super Hornets, is about have them decommissioned to bring either Fa22 raptor or the F35. Having $26 Billion dollar budget does wonders vs a $5 billion dollar one. I don't think I need to mention Brazil as I have done it previously and they have a even larger budget.

Even worse than Global Fire Power. You know what I respect your designation. But **** your sources. Nobody gives a damn about KSA. they just buy stuff, while the ones you mentioned under them, they produce their own systems. Same **** Different Day.

Top 15 Military are as follows. Will update list every year. I do not need your opinions or contribution to this list. The list is set in stone. You should make discussion other than the rank order, the rank order is definitive.

1 United States
2 China
3 Russia
4 United Kingdom
5 France
6 Japan
7 India
8 Saudi Arabia
9 Germany
10 Brazil
11 Italy
12 South Korea
13 Australia
14 Canada
15 Turkey

List is accurate till Top 7. Rest rankings can be debated.

Anyway its from OP's classified source. Many members will have trouble digesting it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom