What's new

Top 10 Western Rulers in History

Hahahaha your a ******* idiot its not "Cyprus" its CYRUS the great :omghaha::omghaha::laughcry::lol::rofl:

:lol:

Did I write cyprus? hahaha, I was probably drunk....

Anyways, I don't give a sh!t about what his name was...so fcuk off dumb persian....

And where is the name of Hazrat Umar RA...Second Khalifa of Mulsims...after Holy Prophet, during his regime around half of the world was concord... and about him Jews said if he could have lived 10 years more there were not any more Jews or Christians on the earth.

How the hell can that mongol be in the list? He murdered millions and forced many to flee from there lands. How come there arent any Persians listed? What a bullshit thread.
This list is not of those who were humane. It is a list of those who ruled ruthlessly, may be exception of AL

Waste of a list.
A ruler must be judged by several parameters-
Military achievements
Territory
Administrative feats
Public welfare and economic development
Legacy and success
Personal character

My personal list-
In no order as thats quite impossible

Cyrus the great
Caesar augustus
Asoka maurya
Suleiman the magnificent
Frederick the great
Caliph Umar
Justinian of byzantium
Peter the great
Emperor Wu of han
Akbar the great/shah abbas of persia.

Mentions-
Napoleon bonaparte[Misses out due to eventual failure,but terrific military and administrative feats and legacy]
Elizabeth I[Small territory,lack of military conquets]
Louis XIV[Died leaving france bankrupt,and didn't care for public welfare-peasants were oppresed.But increased political,cultural and military power of france enormously]
Genghis khan[Single handed nation builder,great military and territorial conquests,zero administrative or public welfare,utterly merciless to general humanity]
Victoria[The period of her greatness was mostly due to english nation,not qualities of monarch]
Charlemagne

None finer than Ashoka. The man was so revolutionary for his time he enacted laws and social ideas that would not be seen again for millenia. He banned sports hunting, he banned the use of torture, he treated prisoners justly, religious tolerance and dialogues, great social projects like roads, he was a supporter of multiculturalism allowing foreigners like Iranians and Greeks into official positions. This man was too far ahead of his time.

None finer than Ashoka. The man was so revolutionary for his time he enacted laws and social ideas that would not be seen again for millenia. He banned sports hunting, he banned the use of torture, he treated prisoners justly, religious tolerance and dialogues, great social projects like roads, he was a supporter of multiculturalism allowing foreigners like Iranians and Greeks into official positions. This man was too far ahead of his time.

Policy of religieus tolerance, multiculturalism and foreigners in official positions, was already implemented by Cyrus the Great 700 years before Ashoka.

Hasrat abu bakr siddique
Hazrat umar farooq
Hazrat usman ghani
Hazrat ALI karmullah wajhaho............
:smitten::smitten:
politically ,economically,morally etc ...

Waste of a list.
Military achievements
Territory
Administrative feats
Legacy and success
Personal character

My personal list-

Cyrus the great
Caesar augustus
Asoka maurya
Suleiman the magnificent
Frederick the great
Caliph Umar
Justinian of byzantium
Peter the great
Emperor Wu of han

Mentions-
Napoleon bonaparte[Misses out due to eventual failure,but terrific military and administrative feats and legacy]
Louis XIV[Died leaving france bankrupt,and didn't care for public welfare-peasants were oppresed.But increased political,cultural and military power of france enormously]
Genghis khan[Single handed nation builder,great military and territorial conquests,zero administrative or public welfare,utterly merciless to general humanity]
Victoria[The period of her greatness was mostly due to english nation,not qualities of monarch]
Charlemagne

Well fine list...

Can you write your brief description/reason of your list? Like what qualities/achievements made those people to be part of your list? You can do like one at a time or however it feels suitable for you..

It'd be knowledgeable for the readers here...

Cyrus-Basically the first great empire builder of history.Persia was the first superpower wholly due to cyrus.
Extensive conquests.Military victories.Ended slave labour,and used paid labour.Total religious freedom to conquered territories.Farsighted and inclusive as well as he admitted the nobility of the defeated state into his own.Laid down the administrative structure of the persian empire.Was also simple in life,his tomb is a a simple structure of few stone slabs.
Nation builder,conqueror,administrator,revolutionary in his approach to human rights and religious toleration.

Caesar augustus-
Rome's first emperor.Ended non stop civil wars that had brought rome to brink of collapse.Added a enormous legacy that would endure for 500 yrs of empire.Superb administrator,instituted the roman standing army and division of the empires into provinces and permanent stationing of legions.Build great monuments and art and culture flourished during his reign.Despite being an average soldier as emperor he made large conquests that extended rome's borders.He can be said to found the 'pax romana' or roman peace.The numerous provinces were at peace.Trade and agriculture flourished.

Asoka maurya-
United the subcontinent for the first time completely.Only emperor to renounce violence after having won it all.Single handedly made buddhism a world religion with his missionary activities.Art and architecture took huge strides due to asokan monuments all over the empire.Revolutionary in his thinking towards human rights,basing an empire on human morality and dignity and non violence,kindness towards animals,massive public welfare projects.Donated most of his own riches.

Frederick the great-
Made prussia from a tiny principality to a kingdom that would go on to become the core of germany.Instituted the first general staff.Great military achievements.Survived vs france,austria and russia in the seven years alone on land.Patron of art and philosophy.Prussian administration was efficient.

Later..

The thread title has been edited but the opening post remains the same.So there is some confusion in the discussion. Top ten Western rulers by any count would not find place in the top fifty world rulers.

@doremon: Hitler at No.10!!! you could have put George Bush senior there instead :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he just copy-pasted it from somewhere...can't be his personal list.

OP is a noob.
nope this aint a list i copyed this is the list i agree with if u disagree ur more than welcomed to post ur own in this thread

This list is not of those who were humane. It is a list of those who ruled ruthlessly, may be exception of AL
this is the list of people who wer both humane and cruel but all of them wer a great statesmen who inpired its citizens

Waste of a list.
Military achievements
Territory
Administrative feats
Legacy and success
Personal character

My personal list-

Cyrus the great
Caesar augustus
Asoka maurya
Suleiman the magnificent
Frederick the great
Caliph Umar
Justinian of byzantium
Peter the great
Emperor Wu of han

Mentions-
Charlemagne

Nice list, but for the western part may I suggest Octavian (maybe in place of Cesar) and Alexander The Great added?
Octavian was, imho, an administrative genius, the best emperor Rome ever had, and one of the top empire builders in history.
Alexander should be in for his charisma alone, what that man did with so few resources is truly unbelievable.

Nice list, but for the western part may I suggest Octavian (maybe in place of Cesar) and Alexander The Great added?
Octavian was, imho, an administrative genius, the best emperor Rome ever had, and one of the top empire builders in history.
Alexander should be in for his charisma alone, what that man did with so few resources is truly unbelievable.

Caesar augustus IS octavian.He was given the title augustus.Not julius caesar.
As for alexander he is quite like genghis-purely military and legacy.But no administrative or public welfare feats but yeah a worthy mention.

Back
Top Bottom