What's new

Top 10 Longest Metro Subway Systems in the World 2016

7bf09368ae6c44a7bfde90ad2927abaf.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metro_systems

Several new subway lines will be open the end of the year in Beijing and I hope Beijing can overtake Shanghai in total length and become the No.1 in the world.

by mid 2017 or 2018 delhi may get into top 5 , i am not sure though

by 2018 10 chinese cities will have 330km+ metro networks ? well i dont doubt you , if you can make 59 storey building in 19 days then you can do anything :enjoy:

by 2018 10 chinese cities will have 330km+ metro networks ? well i dont doubt you , if you can make 59 storey building in 19 days then you can do anything :enjoy:
“”43个城市轨道交通规划获批 总里程约8600公里“ 43 Chinese cities will build subway lines with total length 8600 Km

http://www.jt12345.com/article-11777-1.html
End of this year Beijing's subway will surely overtake Shanghai's and become the longest in the world.

Delhi will be in top 10 by end of next year. After the completion of undergoing phase, Delhi metro will have a network of 400+ KMs

all Chinese cities subway lines expand like crazy.

Yes these 27 cities are expanding their existing network:

Untitled4.png

These 12 cities will launch metro soon:

Untitled5.png

Other than the 39 mentioned above, I expect to see even more cities building metros. China is still in the process of urbanization, now constructing 18 Mega-Metropolis (超级城市群, see below), each comprises of several large metropolitan cities. Rail transports (metro, HSR, freight railway) are central to these plans.

Last edited:
It is under construction, and it is well ahead of schedule. Most of the tracks have been laid, by 2017 end all stations will be opened.

METRO_TRAIN_2126593f.jpg

Subway or railway? If a whole part of your subway system operates above the ground, it would be much easier and cheaper to build, Most Chinese cities subway plans will be completed ahead of the schedule and Chinese subways are top notch in technology, subways are so different in different countries, some subways in some countries can not be called subways by Chinese standard.

Back
Top Bottom