What's new

Top 10 Greatest Firearms in History

Ishapur is .308 SMLE chambered? o_O

Ishapore made both the original .303 (since british raj times) and also developed their .308 version from the 60s onwards given ballistic performance of .308 and more significant presence worldwide logistically (technically its 7.62 NATO but the differences are quite minor - I just call them both .308 for the most part).

Of course there are some differences between .303 SMLE and .308 ishapore other than the chamber. The extractor is probably the most notable one given .308 is not rimmed so needs the appropriate notch design. Ishapore also used a more modern stronger steel if I remember correctly so it is somewhat more rugged. However nothing beats the reliability of the rimmed .303 action imho.

Also the big difference is the magazine, ishapores have a more boxy look, SMLEs have that kind of triangular rounded taper.

Here is a closeup video of ishapore .308:

Compare with .303 SMLE:

Thanks buddy.
You have stock of rifles?

Ishapore made both the original .303 (since british raj times) and also developed their .308 version from the 60s onwards given ballistic performance of .308 and more significant presence worldwide logistically (technically its 7.62 NATO but the differences are quite minor - I just call them both .308 for the most part).

Of course there are some differences between .303 SMLE and .308 ishapore other than the chamber. The extractor is probably the most notable one given .308 is not rimmed so needs the appropriate notch design. Ishapore also used a more modern stronger steel if I remember correctly so it is somewhat more rugged. However nothing beats the reliability of the rimmed .303 action imho.

Also the big difference is the magazine, ishapores have a more boxy look, SMLEs have that kind of triangular rounded taper.

Here is a closeup video of ishapore .308:

Compare with .303 SMLE:

Very informative videos.
How many SMLE variants Ishapor factories manufactured yet. Like SMLE mark1,2,3,4 and Jungle carbine.

You have stock of rifles?
Not much
AK-47 original one (Russian) 25 years old in mint condition. Russian Made. 7.62 x 39
Single barrel Old grandpa Gun European origin probably German (12 bore)
Darra Made .30 excellent quality with double row magazine 16 rounds. 7.62 x 33
POF made .32 revolver very old one and very small.
China made premium quality semi auto 12 bore for hunting.

Not much
AK-47 original one (Russian) 25 years old in mint condition. Russian Made. 7.62 x 39
Single barrel Old grandpa Gun European origin probably German (12 bore)
Darra Made .30 excellent quality with double row magazine 16 rounds. 7.62 x 33
POF made .32 revolver very old one and very small.
It will be great when you share their pictures. If not available then share similar pictures.
1. amd 65 Hungarian.
2. G-3 Rifle
3. .30 bore pistol Darra made
4. Darra made 12 bore.

AK-47 is a legendary weapon of its class :coffee:

It will be great when you share their pictures. If not available then share similar pictures.
1. amd 65 Hungarian.
2. G-3 Rifle
3. .30 bore pistol Darra made
4. Darra made 12 bore.
I am in UAE and i have taken some pics in my laptop i will upload till then i will post similar Pictures.

AK-47
AK47S.jpg

Single barrel 12 Bore
5b-single-barrel-shotgun-o-454.jpg

.30 Pistol Tokarev
21ceck5.jpg

POF made .32 Revolver
enfield_right.jpg

China made semi auto shotgun
20090302-auto5.jpg

How many SMLE variants Ishapor factories manufactured yet. Like SMLE mark1,2,3,4 and Jungle carbine.

I don't know exact numbers. But the general number given is that about 600,000 mk 3's were produced at ishapore during WW2. In peacetime, production was about 25,000 or so on average yearly IIRC (I could be wrong). So maybe around 1 million or so mk 3's were produced pre 1949 under the GRI (George Rex Imperator) stamp at Ishapore.

Post 1949 the stamp was changed to just RFI and I think maybe somewhere between 100k to 200k were made at various year groups till about 1987. It can't be more than 300k I think, an exact number is difficult to find.

For comparison more than 500,000 .308 Ishapores were made....and I have heard as high as 750k....and components reaching presence in close to 1,000,000 (an aussie civilian company had/has a .308 sport enfield in production if i remember correct which they did import some parts from RFI - the details are sketchy).

The even number SMLE marks did not see any production at RFI as far as I am aware.

Existing Mark 1's were reconfigured to a parallel mark 3 standard known as mk 1*, Mk I** Mk I (I.P - Indian pattern) etc. at RFI as well around the time mk3 production started in 1909. No idea how many were done.

Lots of RFI parts got shipped around to other countries (Britain, Australia), so you will see GRI stamps on some mk 4's even (although they were never produced at Ishapore).

Norinco Remington 1100 copy? I think its called M1000 or something.

POF made .32 Revolver

Haha you guys have a webley too. Thats great lulz.

I don't know exact numbers. But the general number given is that about 600,000 mk 3's were produced at ishapore during WW2. In peacetime, production was about 25,000 or so on average yearly IIRC (I could be wrong). So maybe around 1 million or so mk 3's were produced pre 1949 under the GRI (George Rex Imperator) stamp at Ishapore.

Post 1949 the stamp was changed to just RFI and I think maybe somewhere between 100k to 200k were made at various year groups till about 1987. It can't be more than 300k I think, an exact number is difficult to find.

For comparison more than 500,000 .308 Ishapores were made....and I have heard as high as 750k....and components reaching presence in close to 1,000,000 (an aussie civilian company had/has a .308 sport enfield in production if i remember correct which they did import some parts from RFI - the details are sketchy).

The even number SMLE marks did not see any production at RFI as far as I am aware.

Existing Mark 1's were reconfigured to a parallel mark 3 standard known as mk 1*, Mk I** Mk I (I.P - Indian pattern) etc. at RFI as well around the time mk3 production started in 1909. No idea how many were done.

Lots of RFI parts got shipped around to other countries (Britain, Australia), so you will see GRI stamps on some mk 4's even (although they were never produced at Ishapore).

Norinco Remington 1100 copy? I think its called M1000 or something.

Haha you guys have a webley too. Thats great lulz.
Share your gun stock.

Browning Hi-Power.
Still reliable and one of the most cloned pistols in the world.
I would prefer BHP rather than new pistols esspecially from my country.
Browning_HP_West_German_Police.jpg

Too many pistols.Where is the maxim machine gun?Every army used it in ww1 and 2 major armies in ww2.Its greater than browning for sure.

Sarsilmaz un reliable, very bad cz75clone!!! Customer relationship and Techinal service very bad.
Stoeger Cougar and Canik TP only normally producers and pistols. Others crab, waste of money.
I would prefer 40 years old BHP then Sarsilmaz.
Turkish pistols are cheap pistols for low price level.
They are scammers ! They export pistols to USA by 150$!! But for Turkish goverment gun shop their price 3 times expensive. Also Turkish goverment take a lot of tax from gunbuyer.

I cant understand that Why Americans buy cheap Turkish guns instead of Glock,HS Produkt? They are poor?

Browning HP, CZ75, H&K, Walther,HS Produkt,Glocks,S&Ws, Colt 1911s, theese are most reliable pistols.

BHP for Prince's
f4f9f338c41eea1fce9061a435b49bbb.jpg

Sarsilmaz un reliable, very bad cz75clone!!! Customer relationship and Techinal service very bad.
Stoeger Cougar and Canik TP only normally producers and pistols. Others crab, waste of money.
I would prefer 40 years old BHP then Sarsilmaz.
Turkish pistols are cheap pistols for low price level.
They are scammers ! They export pistols to USA by 150$!! But for Turkish goverment gun shop their price 3 times expensive. Also Turkish goverment take a lot of tax from gunbuyer.

I cant understand that Why Americans buy cheap Turkish guns instead of Glock,HS Produkt? They are poor?

Browning HP, CZ75, H&K, Walther,HS Produkt,Glocks,S&Ws, Colt 1911s, theese are most reliable pistols.

BHP for Prince's
f4f9f338c41eea1fce9061a435b49bbb.jpg
You know Pakistan Ordinance Factories are jointly producing Sarsilmaz b6 and st9 pistols.

“Hitler’s Buzzsaw,” invented in 1942, is infamous around the world as the weapon used at Omaha Beach to mow Americans down, but it was used in Russia to much more brutal effect. It fired 1,200 rounds of 8mm rifle ammunition per minute, which is sufficient to cut a man in half. It was air-cooled, and could melt its barrel if fired non-stop for 5 minutes.

That’s why the Germans had several barrel at hand, and could change to a new one in only 60 seconds.
Nice thread but a little mistake it took between 10-15 sec max to change MG 42's barrel :) btw my fav gun is KAR 98k:smitten:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom