What's new

Top 10 Cricketers of All Time

faisal4pro

Reaction score
10. Allan Border

View attachment c0d73ffaaf72348420f8bd5406db6c54.jpg

AB is the top Australian in my list after Don. The toughest cricketer, he was also an outstanding batsman and had been for more than a decade by the time. People remember his determination but he also had plenty of shots. He led from the front and remains a great example to youngsters.

9. Imran Khan

85c6bac61e0534d714b48faafd552ff2.jpg

Tried to get a blance across the globe and this man was a superb all round cricketer who had the leadership and skill to take Pakistan to it's only World Cup triumph. For him, being a Pakistani, i must say he is a legend who will never die and all of us are his legacy

8. Muttiah Muralitharan

708511c38cfd8e198c0648da2b113632.jpg

No matter what anybody thinks about his action, he is wonderful to bat against for the experience of facing a ball that turns so much. He has helped to turn Sri Lanka into a formidable side at home. It is also worth remembering the work he did in the aftermath of the tsunami when he gave so much hope to people in despair. And we all love that smile.​

7. Brian Lara

View attachment d1e1c03c71af49b61731543c5bf80cfa.jpg

Whether you played with him or against him, you were in awe of Brian Charles Lara. I loved his strut, his swagger and his ability to hit four after four with his high backlift and incredible placement. He had an amazing knack of playing match-winning innings all through his career and has constructed two of the three highest scores in Test history. At times it is felt as though one could bowl 100mph or spin it 14 feet and he still would not get out.

6. Curtly Ambrose

View attachment 9aa3c5a9e22d46e3cb1db2e19c163e08.jpg

it was very difficult to split Curtly and Glenn McGrath, but I think Curtly had that extra half-gear as well as being just as accurate and clinical. He could take your head off if he wanted, and he did have that nasty streak. He turned a game – and the series – in Perth in 1992-93 with a spell of seven wickets for one run. His brilliance is uncommentable. Just look for his videos smashing the wickets and you will believe me!​

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

5. Sanath Jayasuriya

View attachment 2073e775cb84e708f5b92978ced21872.jpg

I wonder why he is not given an outstanding ovation as he is a nightmare for bowlers in all types of cricket with over 13,000 ODI Runs with 28 hundereds and 270 sixews, he is listed in top five ODI Batsmen. And look at the bowling figures by this amazing cricketer, 316 ODI Wickets.... Unbelieveable.... Thats y he is here in All Time Great Cricketers.

4. Glenn McGrath

View attachment 292abb1de3e6ff288b175ce9d498ce68.jpg

He kept everything simple but effective. Although batsmen knew exactly what McGrath was about, he still beat them almost every time. He had that ability to take the big wicket and his longevity was incredible. By keeping things so tight he helped Australia to Rule Cricket for more than a decade. Don’t let him fool you over his batting: it really was terrible.​

3. Wasim Akram

View attachment 752a5a103be6f97a6261ad1bc4b46a68.jpg

Being a left-armer gave an advantage but the ability to swing the ball from over or round the wicket, reverse or conventional, puts him among the great bowlers of my time. His whippy action made him harder to face and there was a spell at Rawalpindi in 1994 that was as fast as anything. The inventor, the master of swing indeed! I must say Cricket history has never ever produced any other bowler like him or better than him. Good enough with the bat to score a Test double-hundred.​

2. Sachin Tendulkar

da67817d3fcebc378c1bc57dadbaae0d.jpg

Sachin Tendulkar has been the most complete batsman of his time, and arguably the biggest cricket icon as well. His batting is based on the purest principles: perfect balance, economy of movement, precision in stroke-making, and that intangible quality given only to geniuses, anticipation. If he doesn't have a signature stroke - the upright, back-foot punch comes close - it is because he is equally proficient in each of the full range of orthodox shots (and plenty of improvised ones as well) and can pull them out at will. I personally say, i have never seen anybody so perfect is his field!​

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

1. Sir Donald Bradman

3ccb1831ce97cc0455e82993e0ccc40b._.jpg

He is beyond any argument, the greatest batsman who ever lived and the greatest cricketer of the 20th century. Only WG Grace, in the formative years of the game, even remotely matched his status as a player. And The Don lived on into the 21st century, more than half-a-century after he retired. In that time, his reputation not merely as a player but as an administrator, selector, sage and cricketing statesman only increased.​

My list would be as follows...

1) Sir Don Bradman
2)Muttaiah Muralitharan
3)Wasim Akram
4)Imran Khan
5)Waqar Younus
6)Sachin Tendulkar
7)Melcolm Marshal
8)Kapil Dev
9)Sir Vivian Richards
10)Brian Lara

My list would be as follows...

1) Sir Don Bradman
2)Muttaiah Muralitharan
3)Wasim Akram
4)Imran Khan
5)Waqar Younus
6)Sachin Tendulkar
7)Melcolm Marshal
8)Kapil Dev
9)Sir Vivian Richards
10)Brian Lara
Fyn!

Placing Tendulkar at no.6 is not fyn!

My top 10:
1. Sir Don Bradman
2. Sunil Gavaskar
3. Ricky Pointing
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Arjuna Ranatunga
6. Imran Khan
7. Clive Lyods
8. Viven Richards
9. Shane Warne
10.Sir Richard Hadlee
11.Adam Gilchrist

Ranatunga, Lyods, Hadlee dont deserve to be in top 10. However Warne certainly got stance. if there is an 11th it would be Warne! gavaskar had an era but if we comapre top 10 with govaskar, then it is clear, govaskar's talent was usual! India benifited from him that much from Azharuddin too but in other terms! so taking Govaskar besides Tendulakr is not good at all! Tendulkar is legend! if u place tendulkar at 4th then govaskar deserve 44th!

In no perticulor order.

1. Don Bradman
2. Sachin Tendulker
3. Viv Richards
4. Brian Lara
5. Wasim Akram
6. Muttiah Muralitharan
7. Shane Warne
8. Garry Sobers
9. Malcom Marshall
10. Jack Hobbs

in no particular order

1) Sir Don Bradman
2) Zaheer Abbas
3) Imran Khan
4) Waseem Akram / Waqar Younis
5) Shane Warne
6) Alan Border
7) Denis Lillee
8) Sachin Tendulkar
9) Ricky Ponting
10) Steve Waugh
11) Glenn Mcgrath / Saqlain Mushtaq

Ranatunga, Lyods, Hadlee dont deserve to be in top 10. However Warne certainly got stance. if there is an 11th it would be Warne! gavaskar had an era but if we comapre top 10 with govaskar, then it is clear, govaskar's talent was usual! India benifited from him that much from Azharuddin too but in other terms! so taking Govaskar besides Tendulakr is not good at all! Tendulkar is legend! if u place tendulkar at 4th then govaskar deserve 44th!

Let me explain it:

My top 10:
1. Sir Don Bradman - The best
2. Sunil Gavaskar - before Tendulkar and many more, his 10,000 runs in test cricket remained undefeated.

3. Ricky Pointing - a true captain, won numerous world cups
4. Sachin Tendulkar - champion in both forms of the game
5. Arjuna Ranatunga - The only Sri Lankan captain, who won them a World Cup. Also was a solid player in the middle overs.

6. Imran Khan - Only Pakistani Captain to have won a World Cup. Was an awesome bowler and a charismatic figure. Is still now.

7. Clive Lyods - What more can I say about him?

8. Viven Richards - What more can I say about him?
9. Shane Warne - The best spinner the world has produced.
10.Sir Richard Hadlee - Poeple say, he could bowl 6 different types of deliveries in an over

11.Adam Gilchrist - The Destroyer

Back
Top Bottom