What's new

Top 10 Armed Forces in the World

Ottoman-Turk

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
i want to know the top 10 armed forces(army,navy,airforce) in the world we can exclude nukes because its very unlikely nukes will be used unless a massive world war for me its

USA
---EXTREME GAP---
RUSSIA/CHINA

INDIA/UK//FRANCE/(NOT INCLUDING JAPAN&GERMANY AS JAPAN HAVE LAW THEY CANT WAR OR SOMETHING ALSO I HEARD GERMANS HAVE AN AGREEMENT FROM WW2 THEY CANT BUILD VERY BIG ARMY OR SOMETHING)

TURKEY//BRAZIL/SOUTH KOREA/ITALY/SPAIN/CANADA(IM NOT REALLY SURE ABOUT ITALY AND SPAIN AS THEY LOOK LIKE MODERN ARMIES BUT SMALL AND IM UNSURE THEY DNT SEEM LIKE IN WORLD STAGE MUCH AND IN DEBT)

CAN ANYBODY DO A LIST OF WHAT THEY THINK

For me it's a mater of top 3 and the rest are just puppets in those 3 giants chess game

1. United States of America.
2. Russian federation.
3. People's republic of China.

Even if china is on a rise the Russians are far more advanced then the Chinese.
(at lest for now)

I would like to say that India plays as queen in the chess board.

lol even in that rank USA IS FAR FAR FAR FAR AHEAD OF RUSSIA AND CHINA they are bloody ordering 2000+ f-35s wow 700 apache helicopters 11 aircraft carriers that is unbelievable they have 60 destroyers

according to global firepower (recently updated)

Global Firepower - 2012 World Military Strength Ranking

1.USA
2.Russia
3.China (PRC)
4.India
5.UK
6.Turkey
7.South Korea
8.France
9.Japan
10.Israel

it should be noted that Pakistan is number 15 on this list of 55 countries

however the list on GF is based on numbers e.g manpower, ammunition,artillery,SAM's etc and economic capability nukes are excluded from the list but imho the worlds top 10 militaries are

1.USA
2.Russia
3.China (PRC)
4.India
5.UK
6.France (more advanced technology compared to Japan or SKorea also it is worth mentioning they have an aircraft carrier and nuclear submarines)
7.South Korea
8.Japan
9.Brazil (aircraft carrier,large army and robust developing domestic defense industry)
10. Israel

For me it's a mater of top 3 and the rest are just puppets in those 3 giants chess game

1. United States of America.
2. Russian federation.
3. People's republic of China.

Even if china is on a rise the Russians are far more advanced then the Chinese.
(at lest for now)

I would like to say that India plays as queen in the chess board.

Russia was far more advanced than the China of 1990s, but now they have lagged behind in a lot of domains.

But no doubt Russia would be more advanced than today's China if USSR didn't collapse.

Russia was far more advanced than the China of 1990s, but now they have lagged behind in a lot of domains.

But no doubt Russia would be more advanced than today's China if USSR didn't collapse.

in terms of technology China is 20 years behind the USA Russia is 10 years behind the Americans however it is worth mentioning that during the cold war China had a rudimentary domestic defense industry that relied on reverse engineered soviet/eastern bloc nations technology however from the post cold war period to now the reverse engineered technology has given Chinese domestic defense base a huge shot in the arm to be sufficient enough to develop equipment on by itself albeit other weapons in China's arsenal are still influenced by western or russian weapons e.g J-11/SU-27 nonetheless in the future China should be even farther ahead of the USA in terms of technology.

This thread should be moved to world affairs, or some place else.

1.) USA
-------- Small gap
2.) Russia
3.) China
-------- Massive gap
4.) India
-------- Small gap
5.) United Kingdom
6.) France
7.) Turkey
8.) Germany
9.) Israel
10.) Pakistan
11.) Japan
12.) South Korea
-------- Small gap
13.) Iran
-------- Small gap
13b.) Taiwan
14.) Egypt
-------- Huge gap
15.) Brazil
-------- Small gap
16.) Italy
17.) North Korea
-------- Small gap
18.) Indonesia
19.) Thailand
20.) Saudi Arabia
21.) Ukraine
22.) Poland
23.) Philippines
24.) Australia
25.) Canada
26.) Malaysia
27.) Sweden
28.) Syria
29.) Spain
30.) Mexico
31.) South Africa
32.) Greece
33.) Argentina
34.) Iraq
35.) Algeria
36.) Finland
37.) Norway
38.) Libya
39.) Singapore
40.) Jordan
41.) Denmark
42.) Chile
43.) Ethiopia
44.) Bangladesh
45.) Venezuela
46.) Portugal
47.) Belgium
48.) Georgia
49.) Yemen
--------- Huge Gap
50.) Afghanistan
51.) Nepal
52.) Lebanon
53.) Kuwait
54.) Qatar

The reason I included Germany in this list is because, they are one of the 5 members of NATO nuclear sharing (along with Turkey, Netherlands, Italy, and Belgium). Turkey, Italy, and Germany all have big economies, big armies, and a lot of land weapons.

in terms of technology China is 20 years behind the USA Russia is 10 years behind the Americans however it is worth mentioning that during the cold war China had a rudimentary domestic defense industry that relied on reverse engineered soviet/eastern bloc nations technology however from the post cold war period to now the reverse engineered technology has given Chinese domestic defense base a huge shot in the arm to be sufficient enough to develop equipment on by itself albeit other weapons in China's arsenal are still influenced by western or russian weapons e.g J-11/SU-27 nonetheless in the future China should be even farther ahead of the USA in terms of technology.

I don't think Russia is only 10 years behind USA, since they have even lost the capability to build many stuffs from USSR.

Russia's infrastructure has been devastated from the collapse of USSR, while China never suffered as devastation like Russia did in the 1990s, even our cultural revolution did not set us back to that level.

This thread should be moved to world affairs, or some place else.

1.) USA
-------- Small gap
2.) Russia
3.) China
-------- Massive gap
4.) India
-------- Small gap
5.) United Kingdom
6.) France
7.) Turkey
8.) Germany
9.) Israel
10.) Pakistan
11.) Japan
12.) South Korea
-------- Small gap
13.) Iran
-------- Small gap
14.) Egypt
-------- Huge gap
15.) Brazil
-------- Small gap
16.) Italy
17.) North Korea
-------- Small gap
18.) Indonesia
19.) Thailand
20.) Saudi Arabia
21.) Ukraine
22.) Poland
23.) Philippines
24.) Australia
25.) Canada
26.) Malaysia
27.)

The reason I included Germany in this list is because, they are one of the 5 members of NATO nuclear sharing (along with Turkey, Netherlands, Italy, and Belgium). Turkey, Italy, and Germany all have big economies, big armies, and a lot of land weapons.

i find it quite surprising that you would place Japan Skorea and Brazil behind Pakistan the 3 former have better capable navies better economies/economic resources and a better defense industrial base

I don't think Russia is only 10 years behind USA, since they have even lost the capability to build many stuffs from USSR.

Russia's infrastructure has been devastated from the collapse of USSR, while China never suffered as devastation like Russia did in the 1990s, even our cultural revolution did not set us back to that level.

nonetheless they're technological edge is still there they can still make submarines,stealth aircraft, bombers, aircraft carriers frigates destroyers etc they have the ability to match whatever the US can make on a technological basis however only at a time after the US has already moved onto the next thing. Russia is in the final stages of finishing its 5th gen fighter whereas the US is already conducting studies and R&D on 6th generation fighters.

As I wrote earlier Russia has the advantage for now but china is indid on the rise. But even the j-20 is using Russian engines

Let's not think that the Russians are sitting ducks with there hands crossed they are working and devoloping new weapons and technology's as we speak. It won't be easy to take Russia's place.

I want to do a prediction for the future and that is that the battle for the top will go between the BRIC. +S +T

As I wrote earlier Russia has the advantage for now but china is indid on the rise. But even the j-20 is using Russian engines

Let's not think that the Russians are sitting ducks with there hands crossed they are working and devoloping new weapons and technology's as we speak. It won't be easy to take Russia's place.

I want to do a prediction for the future and that is that the battle for the top will go between the BRIC. +S +T

i find it quite surprising that you would place Japan Skorea and Brazil behind Pakistan the 3 former have better capable navies better economies/economic resources and a better defense industrial base

nonetheless they're technological edge is still there they can still make submarines,stealth aircraft, bombers, aircraft carriers frigates destroyers etc they have the ability to match whatever the US can make on a technological basis however only at a time after the US has already moved onto the next thing. Russia is in the final stages of finishing its 5th gen fighter whereas the US is already conducting studies and R&D on 6th generation fighters.

You are quite right about that, but I think it's our nuclear edge that gives us the poitns. And the fact that we are growing our arsenal every day, with nuclear subs in the making, along with other mini nuclear devices.

1.) USA
-------- Small gap
2.) Russia
3.) China
-------- Massive gap
4.) India
-------- Small gap
5.) United Kingdom
6.) France
7.) Turkey
8.) Germany
9.) Israel
10.) Pakistan
11.) Japan
12.) South Korea
-------- Small gap
13.) Iran
-------- Small gap
14.) Egypt
-------- Huge gap
15.) Brazil
-------- Small gap
16.) Italy
17.) North Korea
-------- Small gap
18.) Indonesia
19.) Thailand
20.) Saudi Arabia
21.) Ukraine
22.) Poland
23.) Philippines
24.) Australia
25.) Canada
26.) Malaysia
27.) Sweden
28.) Syria
29.) Spain
30.) Mexico
31.) South Africa
32.) Greece
33.) Argentina
34.) Iraq
35.) Algeria
36.) Finland
37.) Norway
38.) Libya
39.) Singapore
40.) Jordan
41.) Denmark
42.) Chile
43.) Ethiopia
44.) Bangladesh
45.) Venezuela
46.) Portugal
47.) Belgium
48.) Georgia
49.) Yemen
--------- Huge Gap
50.) Afghanistan
51.) Nepal
52.) Lebanon
53.) Kuwait
54.) Qatar

J-20 does not use any Russian engine, you have to keep track about the fact instead watching the propaganda from Russia Today.

We produce much superior engine compared to any Russian engine, why we would use the inferior Russian engine?

You are quite right about that, but I think it's our nuclear edge that gives us the poitns. And the fact that we are growing our arsenal every day, with nuclear subs in the making, along with other mini nuclear devices.

1.) USA
-------- Small gap
2.) Russia
3.) China
-------- Massive gap
4.) India
-------- Small gap
5.) United Kingdom
6.) France
7.) Turkey
8.) Germany
9.) Israel
10.) Pakistan
11.) Japan
12.) South Korea
-------- Small gap
13.) Iran
-------- Small gap
14.) Egypt
-------- Huge gap
15.) Brazil
-------- Small gap
16.) Italy
17.) North Korea
-------- Small gap
18.) Indonesia
19.) Thailand
20.) Saudi Arabia
21.) Ukraine
22.) Poland
23.) Philippines
24.) Australia
25.) Canada
26.) Malaysia
27.) Sweden
28.) Syria
29.) Spain
30.) Mexico
31.) South Africa
32.) Greece
33.) Argentina
34.) Iraq
35.) Algeria
36.) Finland
37.) Norway
38.) Libya
39.) Singapore
40.) Jordan
41.) Denmark
42.) Chile
43.) Ethiopia
44.) Bangladesh
45.) Venezuela
46.) Portugal
47.) Belgium
48.) Georgia
49.) Yemen
--------- Huge Gap
50.) Afghanistan
51.) Nepal
52.) Lebanon
53.) Kuwait
54.) Qatar

if it comes down to nukes you might as well include North Korea in the top 10 since only 9 countries +5 others have nukes or share them this is based on conventional numbers which is why Pakistan is number 15 on GF's assessment.

You know this is probably an irrelevant question because the Armed Forces of a said country are designed and built up, over the years, as per that said country's threat assessment. UK, France, Israel, Germany etc. have done some awesome weapons development and had they the same threat assessment as say India or Pakistan...they too would be sporting half a million armies with a couple of thousand goodies ! However as it so happens that they don't so their comparison with the rest of us is pretty much irrelevant.

They only have produced few nuclear submarine along with some new ICBMs, but they haven't produced others since the collapse of USSR.

PAK FA is still a prototype, Su-35S has only produced 3 units so far, no modern destroyer or frigates have been produced.

Back
Top Bottom