What's new

Today LCA got FOC

pakistanis comments are like their country achieved impossible in engineering and technology and they can comment on us....

you have moon on your flag, my flag is on moon.... get the difference
Well said! :enjoy:

Pardon to be sceptical, but honestly, how realistically is this?

Name any international Air Force that introduces a new type in very limited numbers - and we have to remember so far not much more than a dozen Tejas are delivered - and call them to have reached not only IOC but also FOC?

I know, much has been written, the Tejas might have reached IOC even before reaching frontline squadron service, but hey ... usually a new type is delivered to a dedicated OCU to train pilots and ground grew, to perfect manuals and flight procedures and for that you need a certain number of flying planes and flight numbers, lots of flight numbers. Only then you reach IOC and later FOC after even more years of operational training, exercises and hours of hours.

Just look at the Rafale, the €-Fighter, the F-22 and F-35, all had a long and sometimes arduous operational conversion period until they were then delivered AFTER THAT to a first front line unit.
I remember the jokes some made, when the PLAAF gained the first J-20s in late 2016 introduced in a dedicated training unit (176th Brigade at Dingxin) and even after the second unit at Cangzhou (172nd Brigade) was formed in 2017 most external observers were sceptical or even joking, how on earth the PLAAF could call them "operational".
Even now with the first true front line unit established and surely several more J-20s delivered than Tejas flying, some still remain reluctant to call the J-20 as FOC but India magically managed to directly deliver just a few birds directly to a frontline unit and whoops, they have reached FOC.

Come on ... given the otherwise not that "astonishing" track record of the Indian Aerospace Industry I really have my doubts, regardless what is written and to admit, not a single of these arguments mentioned in several forums convinced me why the IAF managed in less time something no other Air Force achieved with a comparable type.

Best,
Deino
Do you seriously know the meaning of IOC and FOC?

These are ASQR parameters, that need to be met for clearing IOC and FOC for producing production variant. For operational conversion including in OrBat and warfighting, that require the creation of new tactics, operational parameters, deciding optimal loadout for every mission.

That is done in TACDE Gwalior, I dont know why the people are so much ignorant about it. Might be China try to operationalize there aircraft even before finalizing their production variant, this is some astonishing track record on Chinese part.

Do you seriously know the meaning of IOC and FOC?

These are ASQR parameters, that need to be met for clearing IOC and FOC for producing production variant. For operational conversion including in OrBat and warfighting, that require the creation of new tactics, operational parameters, deciding optimal loadout for every mission.

That is done in TACDE Gwalior, I dont know why the people are so much ignorant about it. Might be China try to operationalize there aircraft even before finalizing their production variant, this is some astonishing track record on Chinese part.

Pardon, but it seems as if You misunderstood my point: Not China is claiming they are FOC even if at least the initial J-20A variant is in full production - comparable to a Mk. 1 variant - and as such it has reached that status, but how could India as they claim themselves have reached FOC if they are still listing proposal of changes, have only a handful of aircraft operational and the number of flight hours flown could never have reached a comparable lesson.

Either the standard "that need to be met for clearing IOC and FOC for producing production variant" are that low or I don't know how India can claim FOC while still noting so many issues in the regular Mk.1 variant.

Pardon, but it seems as if You misunderstood my point: Not China is claiming they are FOC even if at least the initial J-20A variant is in full production - comparable to a Mk. 1 variant - and as such it has reached that status, but how could India as they claim themselves have reached FOC if they are still listing proposal of changes, have only a handful of aircraft operational and the number of flight hours flown could never have reached a comparable lesson.

Either the standard "that need to be met for clearing IOC and FOC for producing production variant" are that low or I don't know how India can claim FOC while still noting so many issues in the regular Mk.1 variant.
Do you understand FOC stand for 2 terms,
Final Operational Clearance and Final/Full Operational Capability. In which you are referring to?

Might be you also thought F-20 is in production, so by default it cleared both FOC. In that case for your knowledge, Tejas is in Serial Production since 2015.

So, I dont know what you talking.

Again for your knowledge, FOC is a bunch of ASQR, like the addition of Derby or AAR pod , or improving flight safety. So gets your facts right and learn some terminology that IAF use or even worldwide use, before pointing out faults.

Last edited:
Lol at last for lamba chutiya aircraft.
Aft r tarikh pe tarikh,,,ultimately the flying lemon manages to get foc.
Now the cunning dpsu's have given a new laddu MWF lca mk2.
Ab iss batti ke piche babu log nxt 20-25 saal ka kharcha pani nichorenge,,aur humate dpsu bhakt tali bajate rahenge

How old is the project today?
Sadiyon purani kahani hai 19veen sadi ka qisa hai.

Screenshot_20190225-170154_Samsung Internet.jpg

Project started in 1987 and it took 42 years to finally become operational and then IAF will only use 40 of these... :lol:
the irony...

Well since India is trying to export the LCA to Malaysia, we will see more clearly where the LCA really stand because Malaysia would probably to test it thoroughly, especially given that the JF-17/FC-1 is directly competing for the deal. One thing with the LCA is that its engines come from the US, its avionics come from Israel and France, its weaponry is probably Russian, and who knows what other countries have their hands in its subsystems. The maintenance logistics seems like a nightmare to me. In Malaysia's case, the Israeli parts are a huge problem.

Back
Top Bottom