What's new

To my Pakistani Friends: Get off your *** today & Vote for a better future

We have computerized ID Cards and passports why not use technology? i can give a simple example of course it cannot be implemented completely as it is but it gives a basic idea how technology can be implemented;

- A person goes to polling booth.

- Presents his ID card to the person incharge to verify his details. (this step can be optional)

- He goes to the voting machine and puts his card in a card reader attached to the voting machine

- He gets his finger print scanned by an inexpensive digital reader

- The card information and the finger print is analyzed by a computer and after a positive match is found a touch screen shows the list of party symbols.

- He clicks on the name or symbol of his party and his voting is done

- Optionally a paper is printed with the choice he selected on the screen and he puts in the ballot box as a backup for verification if needed.

In this way even the counting is easy. As it will be done electronically. Final official results can be announced within couple of hours. No chance for bogus votes during elections or counting.

Just by implementing technology, we can save on costs related to printing ballot papers, employing staff and arranging for the logistics, quick results and very importantly no bogus votes.

What do you all think?

That is a great system. That is also why we will never be allowed to have it.

They are supposedly going to implement finger print verification for overseas Pakistanis when they will cast their votes outside Pakistan and they said that it is for avoiding bogus votes. Why not implement in Pakistan?

Electronic voting machines are in use in India. Not all countries like it though, due to concern that it can be hacked or privacy compromised.

They are supposedly going to implement finger print verification for overseas Pakistanis when they go to cast their votes. Why not implement in Pakistan?

That is a great question. We will be given excuses of cost and logistics etc but the real reason is that those who wish to control the results of elections will not allow a fair system to take hold.

Electronic voting machines are in use in India. Not all countries like it though, due to concern that it can be hacked or privacy compromised.

As long as there is a printed hard copy for every vote, the results can be verified and the dangers of hacking greatly reduced.

IT of today is not IT of yesterday let alone of 5 years back. And what i am talking about is biometric verification of voter and then electronic vote. I doubt you have biometric verification of voter for voting.

IT of today is not IT of yesterday let alone of 5 years back. And what i am talking about is biometric verification of voter and then electronic vote. I doubt you have biometric verification of voter for voting.

no we dont have biometric data of all citizens yet. It will take years for everybody to get them.
Looking at the terrain where booths are set up, and network infrastructure of India, it wont work as of now.
Bogus votes can be minimized by using cctv camera, its used in some sensitive areas.

All the VERY best pakistan, just keep plugging away dudes, you'll eventually get to a very good place.

went twice to vote but our polling station never opened, was there at 7:50am the staff wasn there, ballot boxes and other stuff wasnt there, than at 1 they said staff wasnt there than at around 4ish army came and it was announced that voting will start in a short while and eventually the polling got cancelled ... the whole day wasted ... lot and i mean LOTS of people came to vote for PTI infact 99% of those standing there were going to vote for PTI

NA 250, Karachi, Defence, Polling Station: DHA Model High School DHA Phase IV Karachi

PTI is sooooo not going to win -

They are supposedly going to implement finger print verification for overseas Pakistanis when they will cast their votes outside Pakistan and they said that it is for avoiding bogus votes. Why not implement in Pakistan?

People will cut off fingers from corpses to cast votes.

went twice to vote but our polling station never opened, was there at 7:50am the staff wasn there, ballot boxes and other stuff wasnt there, than at 1 they said staff wasnt there than at around 4ish army came and it was announced that voting will start in a short while and eventually the polling got cancelled ... the whole day wasted ... lot and i mean LOTS of people came to vote for PTI infact 99% of those standing there were going to vote for PTI

NA 250, Karachi, Defence, Polling Station: DHA Model High School DHA Phase IV Karachi

Yup ... friends were going to their homes behind the school, taking pee breaks, water breaks... but they all kept coming back.

They will not let PTI win. Probably some PPP guy will claim victory from here,

most damaged was done to MQM because of this and most gain by PTI ...

Back
Top Bottom