What's new

To ease Pak energy crisis, India sends officials with pipeline offer

Inqhilab

Reaction score
Country
India
M_Id_391368_FP.jpg
Responding to the friendly overtures from Pakistan's new ruling party, a delegation of Indian officials is headed to Lahore on June 9 to offer natural gas supply through a pipeline to help ease the neighbour's energy crisis.

The decision, sources said, was taken at the top level on Monday, two days before Nawaz Sharif was sworn in as prime minister. India will offer to extend its gas pipeline to the Wagah border, after which Pakistan can take it to its users. The gas, amounting to 1.5 million tonnes per annum, would be sourced by India from Qatar and offered without charging a marketing premium.

"This is a test case before we enter into an agreement with Pakistan for the TAPI pipeline," a GAIL official said, referring to the Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India pipeline. "This is a small step to win its confidence."

The official said the existing pipeline up to Jalandhar had surplus capacity because of a drop in domestic gas availability and its extension to Amritsar and into Pakistan would ensure better capacity utilisation.

The gas, amounting to 1.5 million tonnes per annum, would be sourced by India from Qatar and offered without charging a marketing premium.

Hmmm.

Well UPA, you want to loot Indian public and offer gas to pakistan without charging premiums.

I cant do much now but I will do my bit when election comes.

See you a$$holes.

Hmmm.

Well UPA, you want to loot Indian public and offer gas to pakistan without charging premiums.

I cant do much now but I will do my bit when election comes.

See you a$$holes.

What makes you think any govt would not try this out? you can easily shut it off if Pakistan does not act properly.

This is MY opinion , take or leave it. But I am also baffled as to why India keeps these overtures going. everyday Pakistan is supporting, funding, training terrorist, to use against India. I can't imagine US ever inviting Al queda and offering them overtures. You can't say it's their military or ISI and not the Pak govt. The buck stops with the govt.

What is worse is that you guys even allow that tool musharaff in your country- he should be arrested on the spot if he enters India. You need to learn from Israelis on how to handle JED or whatever terror groups they have in pakistan ... and you need to meddle in Baluchistan for some same medicine as pay back. This pacifist attitude among Indians is spineless

What makes you think any govt would not try this out? you can easily shut it off if Pakistan does not act properly.

This is MY opinion , take or leave it. But I am also baffled as to why India keeps these overtures going. everyday Pakistan is supporting, funding, training terrorist, to use against India. I can't imagine US ever inviting Al queda and offering them overtures. You can't say it's their military or ISI and not the Pak govt. The buck stops with the govt.

What is worse is that you guys even allow that tool musharaff in your country- he should be arrested on the spot if he enters India. You need to learn from Israelis on how to handle JED or whatever terror groups they have in pakistan ... and you need to meddle in Baluchistan for some same medicine as pay back. This pacifist attitude among Indians is spineless

You are speaking from both sides.

Your last two paras is reason enough why your first para should not be implemented.

You are speaking from both sides.

Your last two paras is reason enough why your first para should not be implemented.

My first sentence was questioning you blaming UPA( I was not supporting the action)... do you see any other govt that has not shown overtures to pakistan. They will all do it being the pacifists Indians are.

My first sentence was questioning you blaming UPA( I was not supporting the action)... do you see any other govt that has not shown overtures to pakistan. They will all do it being the pacifists Indians are.

I am not against overtures. India can supply gas but we should charge a premium as pakistan will not gas from anywhere else without paying a premium.

welp looks like Mani Shankar Aiyar was right.

India lawmaker sees a friendlier Pakistan | Pakistan - geo.tv

Looking at some of the responses in this thread, it's clear as day.

Also, the TAPI only works if Afghanistan recognizes the durand line and is stable, and there is no guarantee of both. This means that the TAPI is just a (pardon the pun) pipedream.

I am not against overtures. India can supply gas but we should charge a premium as pakistan will not gas from anywhere else without paying a premium.

Okay. not to beat this horse dead anymore but I'm confused with your sudden change of heart on overtures. Why? because you seem to agree me when you said " Your last two paras is reason enough why your first para should not be implemented". I presumed you were in favor of no overtures period.

Okay. not to beat this horse dead anymore but I'm confused with your sudden change of heart on overtures. Why? because you seem to agree me when you said " Your last two paras is reason enough why your first para should not be implemented". I presumed you were in favor of no overtures period.

Look, I never said we should hold back trade, but your points were also valid. But since our govt. always wants to try out new ways to reach out to Pakistan, I am fine with these overtures but they should not be unreasonable.

as per current scenario, not charging premium on gas is my main concern.

You can't change your neighbors and since NS seems to have a head over his shoulders, it's probably good to talk to him and give him what he needs to help his people.

Look, I never said we should hold back trade, but your points were also valid. But since our govt. always wants to try out new ways to reach out to Pakistan, I am fine with these overtures but they should not be unreasonable.

as per current scenario, not charging premium on gas is my main concern.

So? In setting relations between countries a few million dollars is not very serious issue.

You can't change your neighbors and since NS seems to have a head over his shoulders, it's probably good to talk to him and give him what he needs to help his people.

What you need is to get those terrorists who killed your citizens handed over, compensation paid to the families, complete shutdown of Kashmir terrorists support - and THEN GO with the overtures.

Anything else is spineless...

Dont need their resources we already arranging it by other means.

Back
Top Bottom