What's new

To be a Muslim in India

There are different Indian muslims, if you are rich then no problem, but if you are poor muslim, you will suffer all kinds of things mentioned above.
People talk about only khans, mirza, sayeed etc.. what about others?

BTW I am not singling out muslims, lower caste hindu people are equally vulnerable or more...

That's what I tried to say if there good/bad is to come, it will come on all religious groups of India it will not bang only Indian Muslims...

Poor always suffer everywhere... and poor can be anyone.

Don't get carried away - look at the author - just because he's Indian and a Hindu, doesn't mean he's right or wrong, but it should give people cause to think - that's all, just Think. Some of Indian friends live off self righteousness as if .... well, Just Think. If Mr. Patel is right, particularly about the "original Sin" thing, then India are in danger because the secular ethic is in danger - Just Think.
Sir the way it is presented is not that serious situation. Just few days ago, few 100 Muslims protested and a Superstar's movie, a person who has fan following of Millions, got banned.

Sir, the way Indian Muslims situation presented in Pakistan is not the reality. Thing is any anti-India article sells in Pakistan just like any anti-Pakistan article in India.

I ask you the watch the interview of Javed Akhtar taken by Pakistani journalists. Always keep in mind that there are 150 million Muslims and 900 million Hindus.

Muslims live way better life than Dalits and lowest caste Hindus. Believe me, I have seen the reality.

That's what I tried to say if there good/bad is to come, it will come on all religious groups of India it will not bang only Indian Muslims...

Poor always suffer everywhere... and poor can be anyone.

Well I agree but its not that simple. There is a hindu muslim divide, its for majority (hindus) to be mindful of it, I have heard so many educated hindus saying muslims love pakistan.
Also as long as you are nice and obidient muslim, you are good, if you happen to do some mistake/mischief people will tell in hushed voice.. "oh he is muslim after alll, what do you expect".

Many hindus might be facing same in pakistan/bd, but how is that even a consolation for Indians. Are we not aspiring to be secular nation.

Sir, the way Indian Muslims situation presented in Pakistan is not the reality. Thing is any anti-India article sells in Pakistan just like any anti-Pakistan article in India.
Believe me, I have seen the reality.

Be reasonable, Why would Mr. Akar Patel be anti-India or why would you think that the article is Anti-India?? Bcause it's not an anti-India article - have some faith in Indian, is it some cripple or is it a country that has been and will be a great country dedcated to setting right what is wrong in society -- Please Indian guys and girls, never, never be defensive, it will make you "less" not more.

Mr. Patel may be right, he may be wrong - different people are persuaded differently based on their experience - Like Armstrong on the "Admitting to being a Secularist...", lets acknowledge a variety of experience and learn from it.

Listen, you will not change the minds of haters, nor should you try to - but don't worry about haters, be concerned about Indians as a thinking people, not just a feeling peoples. Indian society is vast, complex, acknowledging it's many problems is the ist step towards giving attention, to even bring possible solutions

Well I agree but its not that simple. There is a hindu muslim divide, its for majority (hindus) to be mindful of it, I have heard so many educated hindus saying muslims love pakistan.
Also as long as you are nice and obidient muslim, you are good, if you happen to do some mistake/mischief people will tell in hushed voice.. "oh he is muslim after alll, what do you expect".

Many hindus might be facing same in pakistan/bd, but how is that even a consolation for Indians. Are we not aspiring to be secular nation.

If there is a divide then why should the Hindu's carry the burden of eliminating the divide? .......post partition (as demanded by muslims) the onus of eliminating that divide is on the muslims. They were/are expected to be secular and respect the sentiments of all other communities who did not ask for partation.

I am not sure what mistake/mischief you are referring to and what obedience you are alleging to. Why not be Honest and bold and speak out ? or are you one of those secular hypocrites ?

What makes them say that? is it any local phenomena against Muslims or it has been imported? as I said in my earlier post that is not OK if one blames whole of a nation in regard to some individual's actions!

That's written by someone who may have never visited India or have never spent time with Indian Muslims in India; Me, who visited India more than 10 times and lived, talked, eat with them know how they live and what freedom they have so kindly put an end to this sh*t bogus reports, incidents happen with individuals but you can't take it to a certain higher level that you could blame the whole of other religious group for it!

I wonder if you guys go and ask Indian Muslims regarding Pakistani Muslims you would be shocked!!

A Pakistani can't tolerate to see their Two nation theory dumped by Indians. Such articles provide tonic to them time to time for existence as a separate nation and identity.

I partially agree with the article.
this is because ancient indian culture is related to Hinduism. so naturally the Muslims feel a bit out of place and are not able to relate themselves with the Indian culture.

IF some cannot relate or DONT want to relate , its their problem. They WERE Hindus to begin with before they were made to convert !!!

A Pakistani can't tolerate to see their Two nation theory dumped by Indians. Such articles provide tonic to them time to time for existence as a separate nation and identity.

Reality is the two nation theory is being dumped by the pakistanis today. They are just too ashamed to admit it openly.

Hindus on the other hand has now accepted the two nation theory and is happy about it.

Pakistan has cleansed itself of any sizable minority that brings tolerance into the society by its very presence. This has ensured the society will spiral and devolve into a increasing intolerant society.

India on the other hand due it its amazing diversity is forced to be tolerant and will always continue to be tolerant. Nothing can change that.

That's written by someone who may have never visited India or have never spent time with Indian Muslims in India; Me, who visited India more than 10 times and lived, talked, eat with them know how they live and what freedom they have so kindly put an end to this sh*t bogus reports, incidents happen with individuals but you can't take it to a certain higher level that you could blame the whole of other religious group for it!

I wonder if you guys go and ask Indian Muslims regarding Pakistani Muslims you would be shocked!!

You know nothing about the ethnic demography of Pakistan. 14 million Pakistanis still have links to India because they migrated from parts which are now there. For the record both my parents are from India and born in Lucknow. So are our grand-parents maternal and paternal.

But you have given an overview of the young generation. It is not far from the truth though there are exceptions. They killed a number of people in Hyderabad though. Some were ansars, so I have seen resentment there. I have been to Lucknow and other places many times-lived for months there at times.

You know nothing about the ethnic demography of Pakistan. 14 million Pakistanis still have links to India because they migrated from parts which are now there. For the record both my parents are from India and born in Lucknow. So are our grand-parents maternal and paternal.

After seeing movies like Maula Jatt, I got the impression why you Muhajirs still keep yourself close to India.

I was trying to explain to Hindutva troll KS that Patel's vastly are mumbaiakers or maharashtrans... vast majority Hindu and minority muslim. Some Muslim patels moved to Pakistan while most are in India. The one who wrote this is no one other than a Muslim Patel from India. Accepting an issue is the pre-cursor to resolving it.

But you have given an overview of the young generation. It is not far from the truth though there are exceptions. They killed a number of people in Hyderabad though. Some were ansars, so I have seen resentment there. I have been to Lucknow and other places many times-lived for months there at times.

Are you talking about 48. Actually Hindus and Muslims have assimilated much better in India compared to your people in Karachi or Shia-Sunnis in Pakistan.

Are you talking about 48. Actually Hindus and Muslims have assimilated much better compared to your people in Karachi.

The killing was after 48. There was killing in Hyderabad Deccan after Gujarat riots and that is what I am talking about. It was reported as minor clashes but was much bigger than that. But they came to houses and burned and killed a number of Muslims. I moved families myself through sufferers witness though I have no contact with Sufferers witness itself since I fell sick.

You can ask Azad Deccan council for details and cases of families affected because their lawyers asking for the cases to be reopened. They are not bad people. You can contact them on their account or something. I managed their entire campaign and they defending Hindus. Its just peaceful movement for independence. Maybe even they will give up the demand from what I saw if Muslims are given concessions.

Back
Top Bottom