What's new

To all Chinese members, what is your favorite Chinese Dynasty?

True, but Ming had gone corrupt quite quickly. Also it's government is less transparent, there are internal services charged with spying on it's own government officials and they carry operations outside jurisdiction and rule of law. When the Manchus set up the Qing dynasty they actually abolished the practice.

Ming could have been much more efficient, much more powerful proportionally compared to previous dynasties.

I understand people's sympathy for Ming, it being the last Han dominated dynasty.

The nomads that China had to fight with during her times were all formidable enemies. It's very hard having to fighting a mobile, completely horse riding insurgency like force with no fixed base.

The Huns and later Mongols advanced up to a certain extent in europe and stopped because of loss of steppe environment (which were important for their horses) and the moist climate were throwing their bows strings (partly made out of animal sinew) off tune.

The fabled Indo-Iranian/Indo-Aryan tribe groups were early adopters of horse riding and metallurgy which made their expansions successful

True, but Ming had gone corrupt quite quickly. Also it's government is less transparent, there are internal services charged with spying on it's own government officials and they carry operations outside jurisdiction and rule of law. When the Manchus set up the Qing dynasty they actually abolished the practice.

Ming could have been much more efficient, much more powerful proportionally compared to previous dynasties.

I understand people's sympathy for Ming, it being the last Han dominated dynasty.

In fact, Qing was far more corrupt than Ming, just look that how many useless palaces they have built just for luxury?

Ming emperors didn't waste taxpayer's money like this, because Manchus were barbarians back then, they believed everything could grow from the tree without hardworking. The easiest way is to exploit Han peasants where they treated as low caste.

The Qin Dynasty is not corruption.
:undecided: But...
Qin dynasty is not corrupt? HAH!

I'm quarter Manchu. My great great grandfather was sent from Heilongjiang province to Guangdong to act as customs official. Let's just say before the communists stripped away my grandmother's family lands, they were quite extravagent for their paygrade.

I would say the height of Chinese civilization is actually Sui dynasty before Yang Emperor. It was economically and militarily more powerful than Tang ever was. The only reason it wasn't mentioned often is because it did not last very long.

Honorably mention would be Han dynasty during Emperor Wu and Emperor Xuan.

The song were actually not that bad in resisting mongol invasion.

Ghengis Khan was alive from approx 1162–1227 AD.
Last remaint of the Song dynasty was defeated in 1279, well after his death by his grandson.

Southern Song at the time was already half the size of what it was under Northern Song, and lost all available land suitable for breeding good stock horses. (crucial in maintaining an effective cavalry force). It had fought and outlasted the Khitans and the Jurchens, and there was corruption as always within it's government near the end.

The nomads that China had to fight with during her times were all formidable enemies. It's very hard having to fighting a mobile, completely horse riding insurgency like force with no fixed base.

The Huns and later Mongols advanced up to a certain extent in europe and stopped because of loss of steppe environment (which were important for their horses) and the moist climate were throwing their bows strings (partly made out of animal sinew) off tune.

The fabled Indo-Iranian/Indo-Aryan tribe groups were early adopters of horse riding and metallurgy which made their expansions successful

The first threat that China faced from the steppe was Xiongnu/Hun, most historians believe this group of people was some kind of Pro-Turkic mixed with Indo-Europeans like the Scythians.

In fact, Qing was far more corrupt than Ming, just look that how many useless palaces they have built just for luxury?

Ming emperors didn't waste taxpayer's money like this, because Manchus were barbarians back then, they believed everything could grow from the tree without hardworking. The easiest way is to exploit Han peasants where they treated as low caste.

I have to disagree. Nearly 2/3 of Qing's emperors were good or at least not bad.

Ming by contrast had the most number of useless emperors.

I said "Qin(秦)", not "Qing(清)"

Qin Dynasty:
xin_c5fe955819a04210895fa700697d4b22.jpg

I have to disagree. Nearly 2/3 of Qing's emperors were good or at least not bad.

Qing emperors were highly overrated, quantity doesn't equate to quality.

Both Kangxi and Qianlong have the reign over 60 years, it doesn't mean they were better than the best emperor of Ming Dynasty.

The late reign of Qianlong was corrupt as hell.

On the other hand, many emperors in Ming Dynasty were mediocre, but they weren't tyrannical like the Manchurian emperors who persecuted so many scholars for no reason.

You do know that Qing dynasty is the most strict when it comes to controlling speech right? They will kill your entire family if you remotely write something negative about them.

The result is a bunch of bogus history books full of praises.

You do know that Qing dynasty is the most strict when it comes to controlling speech right? They will kill your entire family if you remotely write something negative about them.

The result is a bunch of bogus history books full of praises.

They have also done a good job of demonizing the Ming Dynasty to prove that Manchus rule better than Han.

Maybe you're right. History is never black or white. There are two opposing scholars debating this issue.

And look that ridiculous hair cut that they were forcing our ancestors to adopt, otherwise they would chop your head off. This is the utter humiliation in the history of China.

20100728162935-2000093449.jpg

Back
Top Bottom