What's new

Tit for tat: Barack Obama underachiever, dubs Outlook India

Great job who the hell is Time magzine and Obama to tell us what we are and what we have to do. It is upto Opposition parties and Parliment to take advantage of ruling party's mistakes.
kudos to the Editor of "Outlook" I like it .

Yes, it's a silly cheap shot, but you have to admire the Indian media for standing up and defending India.

Unlike Pakistani media, which is always sucking up to the West and backstabbing the nation at every opportunity.

There is no reason we should take condescending shite from any country, the US or the UK or anyone else.

They are free to judge us. As we are free to judge them.

Point scoring is highly underrated in foreign affairs.

Childish or not, a point has been made. The message has been sent across.

Time to move on to the next drama.

Nice jab :lol:
People who here cheer TIME when it attacks MMS should understand that most of what these guys write is about the lack of speed of reforms. They want India to open up retail sector as a trivial example. Do you guys really want to see Walmart here? And is getting Walmart to India the achievement you want MMS to claim? This is just plain rubbish. It just seems that the lobbyists are trying their luck by promoting Modi. But the problem is that Modi is not the favourite, and even if he wins he may not allow foreign investment into retail.

I am loving it.....This shows the confidence of the country. TIME has no business talking about our PM(Not RSS's PM though) as if they understand our nuances as a democracy. They could have present their case as an observation rather than a verdict.

Some, headless chickens who are running amuck after TIME put a news about the self confessed bachelor CM and his original wife.

Though Mr Mehta on TV has told that the TIME is 6 month late in its assesment:

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/time-magazine-is-six-months-late-vinod-mehta-373355.html,

He has every right to feel like giving something back to a country which preaches and preaches and preaches but practices selectively.

Any genuine Indian who cares for democratic institution will be happy seeing this confident India which can challenge the authority of the countries in the same term.

Firstly... I don't know why India (and Indians) have to be so sensitive to the opinion of a US magazine (or its government). Hopefully this is just the Outlook magazine. India can hold its own and does not need to have the approval of the Americans. It's very common to almost all subcontinental countries to seek continuous approval from the West for some reason, which is quite unfortuate.

Secondly, Obama - at least in my opinion - has not lived up to the hype created when he was running for President and won the elections. The biggest joke of all was awarding him the Nobel Peace Prize. After that I lost all respect for the Nobel committee.

Yes, it's a silly cheap shot, but you have to admire the Indian media for standing up and defending India.

Unlike Pakistani media, which is always sucking up to the West and backstabbing the nation at every opportunity.
Media should not be nationalist, it should tell the truth. Of course it depends on editor's judgement, I dont have much respect for those news sources which favour the country by hiding uncomfortable truth.
If pakistani media can tell uncomfortable truth( like say finding kasab's parents), you should take pride in their independence.

Firstly... I don't know why India (and Indians) have to be so sensitive to the opinion of a US magazine (or its government). Hopefully this is just the Outlook magazine. India can hold its own and does not need to have the approval of the Americans. It's very common to almost all subcontinental countries to seek continuous approval from the West for some reason, which is quite unfortuate.

Secondly, Obama - at least in my opinion - has not lived up to the hype created when he was running for President and won the elections. The biggest joke of all was awarding him the Nobel Peace Prize. After that I lost all respect for the Nobel committee.
Indians do not bother what american magazine thinks about our prime minister. It is clearly the overjealous congress cadre (to show off ) that makes all this tamasha.
I still dont think outlook will stoop to this level, I will give the editor benefit of doubt. Outlook likes controversy, that could be a reason.

Media should not be nationalist, it should tell the truth. Of course it depends on editor's judgement, I dont have much respect for those news sources which favour the country by hiding uncomfortable truth.
If pakistani media can tell uncomfortable truth( like say finding kasab's parents), you should take pride in their independence.

Media has to do a balanced job. While it must always point out injustices within the country, its ultimate goal should be to promote national unity and morale. The airwaves belong to the public and are loaned to the media on the public's behalf.

Media has to do a balanced job. While it must always point out injustices within the country, its ultimate goal should be to promote national unity and morale. The airwaves belong to the public and are loaned to the media on the public's behalf.
Well such media will be called propaganda, I am sure you have less respect for views of a citizen of another country who believes in nationalistic propaganda (no matter how good it might be for his country).

Also, there is usually one truth (as perceived by the editor, he might be wrong) but infinite lies. How will you know which lie will help your country in long run?

I don't see why India can't respond to criticism. Nothing Outlook said is wrong

Vinod Mehta, the editor of Outlook, is a Congress Chamcha. I can see some Congress PROs at work

From its start, Outlook has been Kangresi mouth peace ..... Kongress launched this to curtail the influence
of India Today ( pro right wing magazine)

correct!!!!!!
Obama atleast took out Osama what did manmohan singh took out???

If they had to retaliate to the TIME front page they should have been more creative. They shouldn't have copied the frontpage and replaced Manhoman with Obama.
One of the ways to retaliate would have been to put a photo of Ahmedinejad and write a great leader or an achiever or something.

Well such media will be called propaganda, I am sure you have less respect for views of a citizen of another country who believes in nationalistic propaganda (no matter how good it might be for his country).

Also, there is usually one truth (as perceived by the editor, he might be wrong) but infinite lies. How will you know which lie will help your country in long run?

I am not asking the media to lie, but to highlight the positives. There is always plenty of news and the editors select which news items to put center stage and what headlines to give. For example, look at the needlessly cheap headline from the Express Tribune (affiliated with the NYT and one of the worst anti-Pakistan troll media in the country). Even for a positive news item, they decided to put a negative spin, just to appear "progressive" and get a pat on the back from their Western masters.

For hateful Pakistan, tv channel on interfaith harmony soon – The Express Tribune

The Indian PM is just a figure head, the real power lay in the italian waitress, who is positioning her son to take over.

And yes, Barack Hussein Obama is an under achiever. He needs to go.

Back
Top Bottom