What's new

Times when Indian/Pakistani cops are better than Western cops

I have faith in 99% of the police in Maharashtra, which is the only place in India that I lived and grew up in.

Cops in countries like ours must uphold justice and not just follow rules of law. A rape victim cannot be allowed to be raped figuratively in court again. A contract killer cannot be allowed to walk out of prison on bail.

We need encounter cops. I hope the Mumbai police get them back. BTW, does Pakistan have any famous encounter cops?

I don't trust Subcontinent Cops.Western Cops are far more professional and they actually do what they're paid to do but It's not Cop's fault.Honest Cops get sidelined due to influence of Rich and Powerful persons.

US cops Torture videos are all over YouTube.

It's our mind set, that cops in Western world have to be better.

Pakistan Motorways Police anyone?

Pakistani Cops are one ofThe most corrupt force in the world

British cops are 100 times better if you have a problem compared to the Thugs of Pakistan police.

Most views of US cops comes from TV and hollywood, and those aren't the best sources to form an opinion.

Western cops beat people up on occasion, usually when the suspect is being violent. But the word "torture" gets tossed out far too often. Torture is hot irons, electricity, getting flogged with inner tubes, etc. I don't equate getting beat up a little with real torture.

One good thing about Western cops is that their corruption level is pretty low. In many nations, if you slip a cop $20, you can get out of a $100 traffic ticket. Try that in the U.S. and 99/100 times, the cop will feel truly insulted and take you to jail for bribery.

I can't say I'm a fan of extra-judicial killings, but there can be a gut satisfaction in it at times.

The difference is that they're punished where corruption is common in Subcotinent where corruption is considered part of the system.In US at least corrupt police men are investigated.There are also videos of Sialkot Incident.Look what our so great cops were doing standing there watching the crowed beat the **** out of 2 boys.

@Chogy:

The things our cops can achieve with an old car battery, jumper cables, and occasionally some gasoline poured down a certain orifice of a man hanging upside down.......Truly epic!

@Chogy:

The things our cops can achieve with an old car battery, jumper cables, and occasionally some gasoline poured down a certain orifice of a man hanging upside down.......Truly epic!

Cold water..
Beating the soles with a cane.. (apparently that hurts a lot)..
not to mention the good old beat em up by frustrated cops...
the pressure of domestic issues can really power up the fists..

Extrajudicial killing is illegal and wrong. Encounter is illegal and wrong. Only place where one can be proven guilty is court.
It is sick that many people are supporting the killing, instead of demanding a more efficient judicial system.

In my view the only thing which can reform the police system in both India and Pakistan is :
1. Get rid of the 1860 Police Act. That act was made by brits after the war of independence to subdue the population.
2. Disband the current police
3. Raise a new police force with better salaries, equipment and training.

This has been experimented in Pakistan in the form of Highway and Motorway Police, which is a zero % corruption organization. And Chogy if u try to bribe a H&M Police in Pakistan, 100/100 will feel insulted and get u a really big ticket, Allhamdulliah

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom