What's new

Times Up! Pakistan to launch Crackdown Against Anti-Pakistan Social Media.

Time to shut down the RAW agenda Hindutva appeasing Social Media Gadaar!

Pardon the question, but aren't both our governments going down the slippery slope of silencing every dissent.

I'm not arguing that there isn't legitimate anti-agenda online, but what's to stop politicos to use this as a blanket ban on anything against the narrative. The entire point of chosing democracy is to have diversity of opinions.

Pardon the question, but aren't both our governments going down the slippery slope of silencing every dissent.

I'm not arguing that there isn't legitimate anti-agenda online, but what's to stop politicos to use this as a blanket ban on anything against the narrative. The entire point of chosing democracy is to have diversity of opinions.

BS. There is rampant anti-Pakistan propaganda. Mostly it is initiated by your country India.

India uses fake news and anti-state elements within Pakistan and abroad to spread fake news through social media outlets and otherwise. If Pakistan doesn't act this won't be curbed by itself.

I would argue that Pakistan has some of the world's most free media. The problem is that it is also the most unregulated with no oversight. Free media should not equate to false media. That is unhealthy.

This is beyond that. This is about a foreign enemy using social media to spread disinformation. It's like North Korea or China or Russia or whoever paying Americans to through social platforms spread propaganda and ant-state disinformation. There are laws against that. Pakistan is doing the same.b

Unfortunately, asking that question puts your life and those on this side at risk. If one takes it out of a the context of a military forum where the discussion is on essentially how good your side and mine are at killing each other - these are actual problems (among many) shared between the two nations which ironically are fueled by vested powers using the other as an excuse - and that line is blurred very much to many of us as well.

Unfortunately, asking that question puts your life and those on this side at risk. If one takes it out of a the context of a military forum where the discussion is on essentially how good your side and mine are at killing each other - these are actual problems (among many) shared between the two nations which ironically are fueled by vested powers using the other as an excuse - and that line is blurred very much to many of us as well.
How do you think then should we tackle India's disinfo campaigns? We can't out fund them that's for sure. The world declares us guilty until proven innocent, we're tagged as terrorists because for the last 2 decades that's what Muslims have been tagged as (and we happen to be a Muslim country).
Essentially we can't build an "image" even if we tried, our own population is being brainwashed to hate Pakistan, we have an entire generation which has grown up learning what others think about us and not our own perspective.
So how would you go about it, if you were the PM?

It's a risk but one worth taking. It is the role of effective political parties and an independent judiciary to prevent the government from misuse of power.

It is a test of the strength and maturity of the much coveted democracy.

dissidence is not appeasing & selling out to the enemy. dissidence is criticizing the wrong government policies.

I would argue that Pakistan has some of the world's most free media. The problem is that it is also the most unregulated with no oversight. Free media should not equate to false media. That is unhealthy.

This is beyond that. This is about a foreign enemy using social media to spread disinformation. It's like North Korea or China or Russia or whoever paying Americans to through social platforms spread propaganda and ant-state disinformation. There are laws against that. Pakistan is doing the same.b

Pakistan must regulate the media and all journalists must be made to work inside certain boundaries and their controlled excesses must be curbed. Free press is important but the media individual's can't be working for other countries or organisations.

I thought when DG ISPR said 'times up' to PTM, a strict action was in the offing. but here we are almost 2 years later, PTM is still the Afghan dog barking at us.

I hope this 'times up' warning is serious. Also please shut down CIA funded NayaDaur and other NGOs like Nighat Dad's Digital Rights which do nothing but slander Pakistan. By the way, Shiren Mazari daughter is great buddy with Nighat Dad and obnoxius foreign funded NGOs like Aurat March types. May be some investigation needed there.

At what point does freedom of speech impact on the sovereignty and security of a country that is surrounded by enemies and with a well known political opposition and media whom are anti-patriotic.
When you can answer that then you will have the answer to your naive question

Back
Top Bottom