What's new

Time to Hang Sarbajit Singh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Its not case of mistaken idenity since surjeet who was an Indian spy was released by Pakistan and the media thought as if Sarabjit the terrorist was released so the mistaken idenity case was that. Its another thing that Liberal extremist NGOs came up with this new excuse to sound it like that.

2. Since the govt in place or any govt in Pakistan has the right to negotiate or otherwise under the parliamentry power hence it had been delaying (which is NOT liked by anyone of us).

3. The Indian Govt had been asking for release of terrorist Sarabjit Singh hence your claim that nobody is seeking his release is wrong.

Do you know under what name he was convicted? He was convicted as Manjit Singh who was believed reponsible for the bomb blasts. That is the crux of the whole argument. India is asking for the release of Sarabjit Singh on the basis that he was wrongly identified as Manjit Singh. So yeah, no one in India is asking for the release of a man they believe to be guilty of terrorism.

Further, I wasn't questioning the legal correctness of any decision taken by the Pakistani government to free this gentleman but the moral sense of a move to free someone who is believed to be responsible for the death of innocent Pakistani citizens. Please don't misconstrue my point.

Do you know under what name he was convicted? He was convicted as Manjit Singh who was believed reponsible for the bomb blasts. That is the crux of the whole argument. India is asking for the release of Sarabjit Singh on the basis that he was wrongly identified as Manjit Singh. So yeah, no one in India is asking for the release of a man they believe to be guilty of terrorism.

Further, I wasn't questioning the legal correctness of any decision taken by the Pakistani government to free this gentleman but the moral sense of a move to free someone who is believed to be responsible for the death of innocent Pakistani citizens. Please don't misconstrue my point.

Childish argument keeping in mind that spies and terrorist use different names, aliases :) just like "abu jindal".

Again i will ask you to check facts that INDIAN GOVT had been asking Pakistan to release this terrorist

Childish argument keeping in mind that spies and terrorist use different names, aliases :) just like "abu jindal".

Again i will ask you to check facts that INDIAN GOVT had been asking Pakistan to release this terrorist

The only childish arguments are yours. If you believe that he is one & the same, then hang him. Stop whining. The Indian government does not believe he is the same person, so they have asked for his release. Do what you will.

Basically everyone has lost the idea of honour,it is all random ****.

The only childish arguments are yours. If you believe that he is one & the same, then hang him. Stop whining. The Indian government does not believe he is the same person, so they have asked for his release. Do what you will.

Its Indians who are whining and coming up with excuses to save Indian terrorist.

The Indian govt does not consider it terrorism when it kills people in Pakistan thats why it is denying accepting the facts about terrorist sarabjit

Its Indians who are whining and coming up with excuses to save Indian terrorist.

The Indian govt does not consider it terrorism when it kills people in Pakistan thats why it is denying accepting the facts about terrorist sarabjit

How will you explain the fake witness.

If your authorities believe Sarabjit is indeed guilty,then do as you please.

We know Kasab is guilty,like wise if you are sure,then go ahead.

Thats all.

Save this attitude & rhetoric to when you are debating it with many others on the forum who will gladly join you in a meaningless discussion of "tu tu, main main" Excuse me while I pass on any further reply to such statements.

What " fair play " do you want for a man sentenced to death by the court of law ?

It is not a clear cut case like in case of Kasab. Also why was his hanging postponed several times already? Then this case of his appointed lawyer did not show any interest and not show up for hearing in court.
Sarabjit Singh's lawyer recently claimed that there were many flaws in conduct of his trial and demanded commutation of his death sentence to life imprisonment by the President.

Nope.... No hanging please..... I cant take anymore Indian trolls...

That is because he wasn't booked for terrorism and served his sentence but yet your Govt wasn't releasing him !

:rofl: :rofl:

if govt wanted then could do anything and again i am saying that there was deal of swapping that Doc with Sarabjeet.
Like you cracked a deal with india for MFN to lift up the european embargo on exports.

What about his confession and the sentence of death by the court of law ? What about the confirmation of Sarabjeet's guilt by the agent Surjeet who used to work with him but was released on a good will gesture ? :azn:

under police remand even you will confess for 9/11 :rofl: :azn:

They always say they are innocent

but when released...

I went to Pakistan to spy, confesses Sarjeet Singh – The Express Tribune

Kashmir Singh admits he was a spy - Times Of India

How will you explain the fake witness.

Yeah we are keeping him on fake charges

just like kashmir singh

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2008-03-08/india/27774222_1_kashmir-singh-spy-arrest

or sarjeet singh

http://tribune.com.pk/story/400493/homecoming-surjeet-singh-taken-to-wagah-border/

[video]http://ibnlive.in.com/news/sarabjit-case-key-witness-retracts-statement/64062-2.html[/video]

click the link to see the video of key witness retracting statement

Sarabjit case: Key witness retracts statement

Arguments for releasing death row prisoner in Pakistan Sarabjit Singh swings in his favour as a key witness Shaukat Salim is caught on tape retracting his statement.
Singh was sentenced to death for his involvement in four bomb blasts in Lahore and Multan that killed 14 people. Sarabjit has already spent 18 years of his life in a death cell.
Salim, whose father and other relatives were killed in the attack, now says Sarabjit was the one who planted the bomb. Earlier Salim had said that he made the statements implicating Sarabjit under pressure from the Pakistani police.

Shaukat had earlier said, “I have not seen anything nor do I believe it. When the Pakistan government catches someone they get after the police as well. The government lawyer told me to say that I have seen Sarabjit commit the crime and that I should testify against him."
Meanwhile, Sarabjit's lawyer Abdul Rana Hamid told CNN-IBN that Salim's statements have no value as they were never recorded in court.
“Salim’s statements cannot be considered as they were not made in court. Sarabjit’s mercy petition is pending before the Pakistan President. It is being considered sympathetically and the Pakistan government does have a policy of reducing death sentence to life imprisonment," Hamid said.
Two mercy petitions have been filed for Sarabjit Singh including, one by his sister Dalbir Kaur, a senior government official said on Monday. The petitions filed with President Pervez Musharraf were by Dalbir and Pakistani human rights activist Ansar Burney, an interior ministry official said. Both petitions have been received by the presidency.
The official said this was at least the third letter by his sister to the President, while Burney has also sent his appeal to Musharraf.
Last month, the Indian government had filed a clemency appeal for Singh on humanitarian grounds.
The Supreme Court of Pakistan rejected Sarabjit’s mercy petition in March 2006 and upheld his death sentence. The Pakistan President, who is the final authority on the matter, has not given any decision on the petition.
Making his case, Burney said that none of the four FIRs lodged in regard to the bombings contained Sarabjit’s name or his description. When he was arrested on the night of Aug 30, 1990, at Kasur Border, he had actually been apprehended for illegally crossing the India-Pakistani border. After eight days, the police implicated him in the terrorist bombings. He had not been arrested red handed, he maintained.
Burney also pointed out that one magistrate had recorded the statements of the witnesses in all the four cases – one in Faislabad and three in Lahore – even though the cases were lodged in four different police stations and two different districts. He said four different magistrates should have recorded the statements. Not one of the statements recorded in front of the magistrate was taken under oath.
Sarabjit had not been produced in an identity parade in front of a magistrate. Instead, he was brought in front of witnesses, without a magistrate present, and the police informed the witnesses that he was the culprit – just as Shaukat Salim, a key witness in the case had said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom