What's new

Time to Fence the borders

Yes I agree. Any sensible Pakistani should agree that it should be Pakistan's first priority to fence the border

A third world country like Pakistan cant afford fencing, mining , survelling and patroling 2600 km long border.
Moreover this move would be opposed by tribals on either side of the durand.
Also permission from Afghanistan is needed.

At least Pakistan can block the transit aid of India and Afghanistan.

This will force Afghanistan and India both to come to terms.

Wtf India has to do with this.

TTP demands ?protection money? - DAWN.COM

RAWALPINDI, June 16: The banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) is reported to have asked two local businessmen to pay ‘protection money’ to them to help militants carry out ‘jihad’.

A senior police official told Dawn that the chief executive of an Islamabad-based business establishment had received four letters allegedly from the head of the TTP’s `finance wing’.

The businessman has been asked to pay $25 million. The letter, bearing the name of its sender, said the money was needed for jihad and it would be received abroad (in Dubai). “If you paid the money, we will protect you. Otherwise, there will be no guarantee.”

Last i checked Dubai isn't part of India keeping your eyes closed and singing the same tune not helping is it.Monster keeps getting bigger and bigger yet people still cant come to reality and blame the real Monster.

A third world country like Pakistan cant afford fencing, mining , survelling and patroling 2600 km long border.
Moreover this move would be opposed by tribals on either side of the durand.
Also permission from Afghanistan is needed.

Pakistan isn't cutting of the financing these monsters receive from there Arab protectors. i am to believe fencing this border will fix this problem Good luck with that.

I have been calling for this for over 2 years.

We do not need anything fancy, simple border fence along the border areas where transit is possible.

Hotspots are mined and patrolled by PA, stationed at nearby checkposts.

We do not have money for UAV night time surveillance.

The mines and patrolling should do the job.

This will cost 1 billion dollars at most.

I don't care if Afghanistan recognise durrand line or not, they have just been invaded by 26 countries, they can't demand anything. If they stop us from building this fence then prepare for war.

I want TTP intercepted at border rather than in the villages where innocent civilians die in the crossfire.

Looks more like somebody using TTP's name for extortion.

Who operates from Dubai??? ISI supported world most wanted terrorist Dawood Ibrahim Kaskar. So the money will go to ISI, and ISI will use this money to spread .... (you all know)...
@Topic: Pakistan shud first fence eastern border..

Last edited by a moderator:
Why a mohamand of pakistan would want to be separated from mohamand of kunar through mined fenced border?.....in 1897 pashtuns of NWFP and FATA rose in rebellion on division of pakhtuns through durand line treaty, it was led by faqir saidullah and mullah powindah...british pacified it some how..
I wonder what would be the reaction of tribals on fencing and mining of border?. After more than hundred years there are New players taliban, more organized and deadly, operates in both afghanistan and pakistan and both do not recognize durand line.

I think Azad Pakistan is living in LALA LAND
If Pakistan has 15 bn dollars then GOP solved their electricity crisis , pay their debts etc.

I would defintely support fencing.

But where's the money for this? And who can guarantee that the Afghans won't simply cut through it in due time? Apart from the annual cost of millions of rupees in maintenance and repair, who is going to finance this huge project?

Fencing is great way to stop people from coming in uninvited
I don't think its fairly expensive project Pakistan is largest producer of Cement and concrete

Completely doable infact it will create many Jobs for 3-4 years !!!
DSC04896.jpg

Lets learn the importance of fences by viewing our chinese friends
chinawallarge.gif

5km fence laid per day , just concrete Slabs brought in by trucks

5km x 365 days = 1825 km

May be 1.5 Years to 2.0 Years you have your border fenced , and you control flow of people in and out from check points

We have 500,000 Soldiers sitting around in Barracks , put them to work and build something it might make their muscles stronger , and some fitness training

Soldiers would safeguard the working crew and watch over construction

5Km of concrete slabs placed one after another for Permanent border

5km fence laid per day , just concrete Slabs brought in by trucks

5km x 365 days = 1825 km

May be 1.5 Years to 2.0 Years you have your border fenced , and you control flow of people in and out from check points

We have 500,000 Soldiers sitting around in Barracks , put them to work and build something it might make their muscles stronger , and some fitness training

Soldiers would safeguard the working crew and watch over construction

5Km of concrete slabs placed one after another for Permanent border

i love this guy :rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom