What's new

Time to Fence the borders

Pakistan should be worried about closing the border on their East.

Pakistani IQ is slightly higher than that of India. If you want to maintain your people, I would suggest building a huge border fence to insure that the mass of Indians that attempt to come in in the near future will not do so easily.

Pakistani IQ is slightly higher than that of India. If you want to maintain your people, I would suggest building a huge border fence to insure that the mass of Indians that attempt to come in in the near future will not do so easily.

Name yourself, YellowMansburden. The IQ displayed in your post is glaring Mr. Chinaman!!

Name yourself, YellowMansburden. The IQ displayed in your post is glaring Mr. Chinaman!!

Well, I took the WAIS-IV. I scored 144. Indeed, my IQ is glaring brightly.

The yellow man has yet to accomplish anything, so I'm not sure what you are referring to.

my nuclear danda says hi

Nuclear Danda... hmm.. wonder what you are compensating for.. :)

afghanistan is nothing its just american moving puppet, after US afghanistan will have nothing

People say the same thing about Israel.. And that 1 tiny country has 50% of world's Muslims on tenterhooks... Lets see what Afg does to Pakistan :)

But we see quite the reverse, it is the Pakistanis that jump the Border to India, uninvited. May be thats the result of high iq!

Not only fence the border but mine it all the way as well, seal it completely & monitor the border with Armed Drones & Military 24/7, any sign of intrusion kill them. Strict laws should be made & it should be followed strictly.

Gen. Musharraf in his time proposed & wanted to go for it but Afghanistan & US started crying heavily, before the sealing of border could start Gen. Musharraf was forcefully removed from office.

I think in presence of infiltration the time has arrived where we fence the Pakistan - Afghan borders
and close any unnecessary roads and force the traffic to go thru specific checkpoints

a) Fence the borders, install CCTV cameras on the borders
b) Have helicopters ready for capture of illegal travelers on foot or off road vehicles
c) Designate unit of Airforce to respond to intruders from over the border.

The current damage is being done as intruders are infiltrating outside of Pakistan and committing missions and then disappearing.

The time has arrived where we "Completely seal" border and allow only secure cargo to pass thru the provinces close to afghan borders.
Firstly, the border isn't recognised by Afghanistan. So this would be a non starter.

Secondly, do you even know how much it is going to cost to fence 2700 km of border?

Thirdly, I'm not sure you are even aware of the mountainous terrain obtaining on the AfPak border. Building a fence will not be as easy as it sounds.

Fourthly, it's no point just building a fence. The basic rule is that this needs to be covered by fire and observation for which you would need thousands of additional troops - army as well as paramilitary - to cover the area. Instal CCTvs you said? Over 2700 km? How many would you require and how many 24x7 control rooms would have to be built? Manpower to man them?

Fifthly, high tech gizmos would need to be installed like network IR and smart motion detectors, surveillance radars, lighting systems and alarms which would act as "fast alert signals" to the troops who can be alerted and ambush the infiltrators trying to sneak in. Therefore the need to redeploy troops for quick reaction. Considering that the PA is overstretched as of now, providing additional troops for this is out of the question at the present juncture.

Sixthly, the small stretches of land between the rows of fencing would need to be mined with thousands of landmines.

Seventh, there is the requirement of electrification of the entire fence -all 2700 km of it! As it is, there is a dire shortage of electricity in Pakistan. Where are the additional megawatts going to come from?

Eighth, you say 'patrol the Balouchi Mountains day and night with UAV , and night vision from sky to pin point their hide outs and strike with JF17 Thunder Missions'. That's easier said than done! How many UAVs would you require for day/night surveillance over 2700km? And even if an infiltration bid of a dozen or so yahoos is spotted, what would be the TOT (Time over target) for your Thunders from take off to detection to engagement? Remember, your JF-17 cannot be on ORP 24x7 or on CAPs except during active hostilities/war. So, time is of essence. By the time the ac reach the spot, the infiltrators would have disappeared! So that is not an option though it looks dandy on paper!

All in all, this idea is highly impractical at the present juncture and not cost effective too.

But we see quite the reverse, it is the Pakistanis that jump the Border to India, uninvited. May be thats the result of high iq!

I believe that the Pakistanis have lower poverty rates, and slightly higher IQ (84 vs 82), although per capita GDP is lower.

Back
Top Bottom