What's new

Featured Time to bury the past and move forward: COAS Bajwa

Is there any Secure future for Pakistan without Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan ..... ????

But he didn't say anything that would suggest giving up on either of those, not to me at least.

But he didn't say anything that would suggest giving up on either of those, not to me at least.
Nor I am saying that Bajwa said anything about giving up Kashmir or GB, I just responded to the part of post where the poster was making an argument that by adopting unilateral pacifism Pakistani leadership could avoid war ....

My argument to this point is simple may be Pakistan could avoid war just for sometime IF it give Kashmir and GB, but even after this there is no Guarantee of peaceful and sovereign existence for Pakistan as state.

COAS is right, bury the past move ahead, focus on Economy and become a respectable nation in the world. We have a explosive growing population which we have to feed along with keeping an arms race with India. We have to start thinking logically now instead of only with emotions.

The UNSC Resolutions called for a tripartite negotiation between the UN, Pakistan & India on demilitarization. India rejected all proposals taking a maximalist, irrational and untenable position of demanding that Pakistan should withdraw ALL its troops first. Even UN rapporteurs recorded their views that it was Indian intransigence that stalled the demilitarization process.

Pakistan agreed to multiple proposals that left significantly fewer Pakistani troops on territory controlled by Pakistan (relative to Indian troops on territory controlled by India) but India continued to stall and refuse to accept any reasonable compromise.

Some of our (well meaning - they are all patriots) Pakistani members will make fun of the Indian government and military leadership issuing outlandish, war-mongering statements, but then turn around and demand the same of the Pakistani leadership.

Pakistan's civilian & military leadership is actually displaying maturity & statesman like behavior - let's praise them for that instead of expecting them to act like their counterparts across the border dancing & screaming like street monkeys.
I know we will go around in circles on the UN resolution but it went to the UN because pakistan did not Honour the agreement with kashmir and attacked it.

Desperate pakistani military establishment being bled white on 2 fronts,with a collapsing economy,junk currency,no foreign reserves,abandoned by its gulf allies,failing CPEC,debt trapped,population explosion, huge inflation,water crisis coming and watching a massive indian military modernization ongoing which they cant match seeks to buy time.Thats it.
This is no fundamental shift in policy ,its an attempted temporary reprieve because pakistan can't sustain current tempo or any major showdown with india in the near future unless it can economically revive itself.

Desperate pakistani military establishment being bled white on 2 fronts,with a collapsing economy,junk currency,no foreign reserves,abandoned by its gulf allies,failing CPEC,debt trapped,population explosion, huge inflation,water crisis
Modi Media as usual.
Current Account.png
IMG_1232.jpg
IMG_1200.jpg

@dbc @TruthSeeker @KAL-EL

The COAS also touched upon the US approach to China.

Contrast the approach taken by the Pakistani civilian and military leadership towards India with the Indian approach towards Pakistan.

of course Pakistan current economic circumstances forces the civilian and military leaders to be pragmatic.
But, prior to the China-India border incident the Indians believed they could afford to be belligerent with Pakistan. I believe a hot China-India border has altered the Indian mindset and may even force India to make concessions to Pakistan. The magnitude of the concession will largely depend on how hot the border with China gets.

What did he say about US-China?

Back
Top Bottom