What's new

Time to ban women's burqas in Pakistan

:undecided: Somehow I cannot understand this way of modernization...the more skin you show the more 'modern' you become.

well its simple the WEST is moving forward so everything westenr NEEDS to be copied.....and that is exactly why MUSLIMS are FOLLOWING and not LEADING.....

muslims don't REALIZE that the west moved forward due to its justice system...and technological know how....

so yes keep showing more skin and think you are progressing forward....

plain and simple, these people will not stop till all muslims completely turn away from their faith.
To all those so called muslims who want an intellectual debate on the topic of burqa and how it can be used to carry a bomb, then is it not possible for a mini skirt clad women to be carrying one in her hand bag, or a man in his briefcase, backpack etc etc.
On the other hand many "liberals" claim it degrades a woman, really !
What about women who are prostituted, dirty magazines, **** films, using half naked women to sell everything from toothpaste to dogfood.
Even in the UK it was claimed through a magazine called womens weeekly that 60% of women in high powered jobs had slept with someone to get promotion.
This is nothing but an attack on islam.
If this is agreed then next it would be the headscarf, then beards, then namaaz etc etc.
Therefore no compromise whatsoever!

does it mean that after banning burqa in pakistan, pakistani women will start exposing more skin...lol they can wear salwar-kameez which is a decent dress.In fact in cities there are far too many women who prefer wearing salwar-kameez over burqa.

Well,if according to you exposing face is a symbol of modernity then I must say you must be living in caves.

Shalwar Kameez is a guud dress, no doubt about that. Not only SK can fulfil the requirements of covering oneself up but pants and shirts could also do the job, provided they dont contradict with the basics of covering up.

But sorry to say shalwar kameez with Capri pants, short shirts (unchee kameez) and high slits (chaks-on the sides) dont do the trick at all!!

even Jamat-E-Islami will not let that happen mate, they just wait to get an issue so they could score the points.

Learn to Differentiate between Burqa and Hijab and proper clothing to cover yourself only than will you understand where the problem lies. No one is saying to ban hijab because that would be preposterous, but Burqa is a completely different thing

Hijab

da54ed301628ff272ab067eed409139a.jpg

This is decent and sophisticated

Burqa

29112fe7c2bcf2169461224a0f767cb1.jpg

This is embarrassing, ridiculous and downright nasty

Virgin Mary:

b62c303229da1d132157f6f6c61c52c1.jpg

A Nun:

2177d1773991e91d0f9966372572c49d.jpg

The full face covering, as seen in Afghanistan has never been part of any religion, including Islam.

Rather, it is a cultural phenomenon and if women want to dress up like that, then it is their free will to do so.

However, in the west especially, it is counterproductive becasue the Hijab is supposed to draw attention away from you. The Burqah simply makes everybody look at you!

Rather, it is a cultural phenomenon and if women want to dress up like that, then it is their free will to do so.

I was never claiming its a religious thing, burqa is not religious in any shape or form- glad we can agree on that. Though i agree with your post, what i don't agree with is the fact when you say that women wear burqa based on Free Will. I would say its more coercion than it is free will by the men. Not to mention the fact that women in NWFP villages are literally conditioned in a way from the start to wear a burqa AND on top of that forcing a burqa clearly means your are sexualizing women from the get go.

It poses many threats that i have posted MANY times before on these boards..

1) Major Security concern (the mulana in Red mosque tried to run away in it and the london bomber was caught in a burqa as well)
2) Sever lack of Vitamen D for your Body due to complete lack of sunlight
3) Complete destruction of your self esteem and self confidence

I don't want the women of my nation to be willy nilly and not be able to stand up for themselves!! its as simple as that. A burqa destroys self Confidence, having a positive self esteem and being able to stand up for yourself

Last edited:
I was never claiming its a religious thing, burqa is not religious in any shape or form- glad we can agree on that. Though i agree with your post, what i don't agree with is the fact when you say that women wear burqa based on Free Will. I would say its more coercion than it is free will by the men. Not to mention the fact that women in NWFP villages are literally conditioned in a way from the start to wear a burqa AND on top of that forcing a burqa clearly means your are sexualizing women from the get go.

Some women wear Burqas out of their own free will and its not only in villages in NWFP, come to my village in Punjab you will see many women wearing Burqas.

1) Major Security concern (the mulana in Red mosque tried to run away in it and the london bomber was caught in a burqa as well)
A solution to that problem is have more security. Have female police officers (carrying weapons) inspect each woman wearing a Burqa.

2) Sever lack of Vitamen D for your Body due to complete lack of sunlight
Ever heard of Vitamin D supplements, also milk is rich in Vitamin D especially the cow and goat's milk that many Pakistanis drink in villages. Also its not like many Pakistani girls want to stand out in the sun, many dont want to get dark...lol

3) Complete destruction of your self esteem and self confidence
Thats what you think. Many Burqa wearers would argue walking in the streets of Rawalpindi without your face covered is destruction of self-esteem and self-confidence because people keep commenting on the way you look.

I don't want the women of my nation to be willy nilly and not be able to stand up for themselves!! its as simple as that. A burqa destroys self Confidence, having a positive self esteem and being able to stand up for yourself
Most Pakistani women who wear Burqas wear it out of their own free will, ask them if they have low self-esteem. I cant believe I'm arguing with a Muslim Pakistani over this issue.

I have no problem in banning burqa since it is NOT part of islam

what islam says ?

1) Clothing must cover the entire body, with the exception of the face and the hands.
2) The attire should not be form fitting, sheer or so eye-catching as to attract undue attention or reveal the shape of the body.

Last edited:
Learn to Differentiate between Burqa and Hijab and proper clothing to cover yourself only than will you understand where the problem lies. No one is saying to ban hijab because that would be preposterous, but Burqa is a completely different thing

Hijab

da54ed301628ff272ab067eed409139a.jpg

This is decent and sophisticated

Burqa

29112fe7c2bcf2169461224a0f767cb1.jpg

This is embarrassing, ridiculous and downright nasty

It is good to see that for once muslims are talking about how to manage their own affairs better (at least most members commenting seem to be muslim).
I wont say much but I would like to add that even in India a lot of Hindu and Sikh women sport a look that is like the first one in the quoted post, especially during summer season. Though the reason is a mix of conservative upbringing, harsh whether, personal choice. In fact I have seen that invariably young girls going to college on their bikes/scooterettes don a chuni (i dont know if you use different term) that covers all there head and some strange kind of extra-long gloves that cover the arms right upto the shoulders. Of course they dont look very presentable that way but you just have to see them when they are at there destinations.
However in most cases there is no emotional cases for such girls to dress up like this, that or any which way.
I think french should learn some Sarva Dharm Sadbhav. Europeans go to the other extream of just refusing to recognise the needs of some particular religious &/or social groups. People change and if a society said to be advanced cannot provide freedom of dressing up...... its crazy.
As for the idea of banning burqa because of it having the possibility of being used by terrorists. I think your society will have to learn to strike a balance between two competing needs.

1) Clothing must cover the entire body, with the exception of the face and the hands.
2) The attire should not be form fitting, sheer or so eye-catching as to attract undue attention or reveal the shape of the body.

exactly....so burqa abya are not wrong....let the WOMEN CHOOSE!!! after all she is answerable for her own deeds....why the debate....if somone wants to wear it out of CHOICE let them...if NOT don't force them....simple...!!!!

Back
Top Bottom