What's new

Time for Tsai's Taiwan to tilt toward Japan

Absolutely. In fact tho I understand Japan's activity in western-led institutions such as the EU , NATO, it is done so not in consideration of Japan's state interests in Europe, because that's just not the case. it is dome so because to provide protection for Japan's immense and vast merchant marine fleet , which traverses the whole world around.

Tho I believe Japanese state interests should learn to collaborate with individual western states such as France, UK, Germany to better communication lines, and to learn from their standard operating procedures in regards to water clearance measures, anti-terrorism strategies et al -- so as to increase Japanese overall capacity in the global theater. I believe that Japan is slowly moving away from supra-nation specific organizational cooperation to more individual-nation specific rapproachment processes in the security field and logistics , this way to reduce and minimize instances of security vagaries. We see this now in the current development of Japanese-Germany naval cooperation , Japanese-British military strategic cooperation processes, Japanese-French anti-terrorism training processes, and now to an extent even Russo-Japanese naval / maritime cooperative training processes. What we see here, is a paradigm shift, actually. Japan is slowly moving towards Japanese-specific national defense and sovereignty mechanisms rather than solely relying on the United States, which clearly does not have the capacity nor the national mandate to protect the primacy of Japanese sovereign interests.

Anyways, i am even happy to note and to read that Japan and Korea even had conducted joint military training off our naval base in Djibouti (note the JMSDF actually also provided strategic resupply for Korean warships, and also enabled the Korean warship(s) to dock in Japan's naval and air base in Djibouti). So , as you see, tho it may not be represented in foreign (western) media, however, Japan's nation-specific sovereignty processes are developing maturely, progressively and positively. We Japanese patriots are proud to see this...development. As I said before ... this is true to East Asian Mind and Dialectic. Long Term Development. :)

@Pangu @TaiShang @Shotgunner51 @Arryn --- brothers, someday , i pray to see PLAN personnel with ROKN and JMSDF in such training and capacity building activities.

bsu9628.jpg

Korean and Japanese medical personnel from ROKS Chungmugong Yi Sun-shin and JDS Akizuki discuss the medical status of the patient before transfer to Djibouti.

dsc_7945-3.jpg

Korean and Japanese personnel load the patient onto JDS Akizuki’s helicopter for transfer to Djibouti.

bsu9633.jpg

The patient is loaded onto the Japanese helicopter onboard Korean ship ROKS Chungmugong Yi Sun-shin before transfer to Djibouti.

Anyways for those who want to read more into the issues, i have retrieved the following sources :
http://combinedmaritimeforces.com/2015/08/17/japan-and-korea-work-together-to-save-mariner/

http://thediplomat.com/2015/10/japan-south-korea-boost-their-african-presence/

@Slav Defence @waz @AUSTERLITZ @nair --- brothers, i would be happy to see, someday God Willing, that the navies of Japan, China, India, Pakistan, Korea -- cooperating to secure the Persian Gulf and beyond. The more local participation, the less reliance on Euro-specific, American-specific naval platforms.

:)

I appreciate your generosity and sincerity. However, for such purpose we need to forget our past ,finish extremism and need to look forward by creating stronger ties and deepen our interest with each other.
Meanwhile,on contrary to that and practically speaking it's daylight dream and near to impossible:)

Regards

I appreciate your generosity and sincerity. However, for such purpose we need to forget our past ,finish extremism and need to look forward by creating stronger ties and deepen our interest with each other.
Meanwhile,on contrary to that and practically speaking it's daylight dream and near to impossible:)

Regards

We must take one step at a time, my friend. What the recent "blooming" of naval cooperation between Japan and South Korea entails and means? For the region and the world? That two nations who have been at odds with each other due to historical qualms can come together for the greater good -- mind you the close cooperation of a Korean naval warship with a Japanese naval warship ! Then there is no reason why, someday, we can see Pakistan and India collaborating in such capacity. Even if it proceeds one step at a time.

I remain positive.

And I remain positive that someday we see greater Japanese - Chinese cooperation as well.

I believe that Japan is slowly moving away from supra-nation specific organizational cooperation to more individual-nation specific rapproachment processes in the security field and logistics , this way to reduce and minimize instances of security vagaries.

That's interesting to hear. Traditionally, Japan has always been a proponent of (supra)institutionalization at the cost of states' sovereign powers. That was/is probably due to Japan's own somewhat weird international status as not so normal country.

Moving slowly away from this framework may indicate Japan in fact attempts to act more as a sovereign nation that can function outside the confines of (US-led) international frameworks.

It is overall a positive development.

but for a country lives on 'if' 'will' and incompetency, I really worry about India would be a country in 30 years time at all``! do you know the whole country's financial sector is run by foreign institutional funds and international speculations, which are assisted by back-feed top Indian politicians?

To many, India stands for incompetence, corruption and inequality. If I were a proponent of democracy in the Indian sense, I would be ashamed of the Indian experience, truly.

Last edited:
Absolutely. In fact tho I understand Japan's activity in western-led institutions such as the EU , NATO, it is done so not in consideration of Japan's state interests in Europe, because that's just not the case. it is dome so because to provide protection for Japan's immense and vast merchant marine fleet , which traverses the whole world around.

Tho I believe Japanese state interests should learn to collaborate with individual western states such as France, UK, Germany to better communication lines, and to learn from their standard operating procedures in regards to water clearance measures, anti-terrorism strategies et al -- so as to increase Japanese overall capacity in the global theater. I believe that Japan is slowly moving away from supra-nation specific organizational cooperation to more individual-nation specific rapproachment processes in the security field and logistics , this way to reduce and minimize instances of security vagaries. We see this now in the current development of Japanese-Germany naval cooperation , Japanese-British military strategic cooperation processes, Japanese-French anti-terrorism training processes, and now to an extent even Russo-Japanese naval / maritime cooperative training processes. What we see here, is a paradigm shift, actually. Japan is slowly moving towards Japanese-specific national defense and sovereignty mechanisms rather than solely relying on the United States, which clearly does not have the capacity nor the national mandate to protect the primacy of Japanese sovereign interests.

Anyways, i am even happy to note and to read that Japan and Korea even had conducted joint military training off our naval base in Djibouti (note the JMSDF actually also provided strategic resupply for Korean warships, and also enabled the Korean warship(s) to dock in Japan's naval and air base in Djibouti). So , as you see, tho it may not be represented in foreign (western) media, however, Japan's nation-specific sovereignty processes are developing maturely, progressively and positively. We Japanese patriots are proud to see this...development. As I said before ... this is true to East Asian Mind and Dialectic. Long Term Development. :)

@Pangu @TaiShang @Shotgunner51 @Arryn --- brothers, someday , i pray to see PLAN personnel with ROKN and JMSDF in such training and capacity building activities.

bsu9628.jpg

Korean and Japanese medical personnel from ROKS Chungmugong Yi Sun-shin and JDS Akizuki discuss the medical status of the patient before transfer to Djibouti.

dsc_7945-3.jpg

Korean and Japanese personnel load the patient onto JDS Akizuki’s helicopter for transfer to Djibouti.

bsu9633.jpg

The patient is loaded onto the Japanese helicopter onboard Korean ship ROKS Chungmugong Yi Sun-shin before transfer to Djibouti.

Anyways for those who want to read more into the issues, i have retrieved the following sources :
http://combinedmaritimeforces.com/2015/08/17/japan-and-korea-work-together-to-save-mariner/

http://thediplomat.com/2015/10/japan-south-korea-boost-their-african-presence/

@Slav Defence @waz @AUSTERLITZ @nair --- brothers, i would be happy to see, someday God Willing, that the navies of Japan, China, India, Pakistan, Korea -- cooperating to secure the Persian Gulf and beyond. The more local participation, the less reliance on Euro-specific, American-specific naval platforms.

:)

Interesting. So Japan despite it's troubled WWII history and subsequent restrictive defence policies, yet it's still the first Asian country to have an operational military base overseas.
Good one. :D

Dr. Tsai Ing Wen as leader of Taiwan has pro-Taiwan Councillors at her disposal in the Japanese Diet , particularly Ms. Renho Murata (a Japanese woman of Taiwanese (Han) ancestry; her father was a Taiwanese, and her mother was a Taiwanese-Japanese).

taiwan_s_tsai_meets_with_dpj_execs_53174823.jpg

Back
Top Bottom