Featured Tik Tok ban harms Indian Economy , Content creators left unemployed

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Source BBC

www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-53232486

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: oh no more indians on tik tok:drag::sarcastic:
20190914_efp001.jpg

So what is the impact of the ban?
The ban is already affecting millions of users across India, who are unable to use the blacklisted apps.

"As China has shown, governments can indeed block apps - not just remove them from the app stores, which has already happened in India, so you can't install them afresh or upgrade an existing install," says tech policy expert Prasanto K Roy.

He adds that although there are ways to get around the ban, it will "effectively kill" popular apps.

"If over 95% of 100 million users exit, that kills the 'network effect' and most of the content, and hence an app like TikTok is no longer attractive."

India is TikTok's biggest foreign market, with an estimated 120 million active users. TikTok allows users to publish and share short videos.

In the years since it has launched in India, the app has become a platform for Indians of all ages and classes - from police constables to housewives - who dance, sing and perform for their followers. The app has turned many ordinary Indians into social media stars.

Popular user impersonating Mr Bean , allegedly
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Tragic. Indians got a free ride with all the technology developed in US and CHina where everything was free. Now here comes modi who decided to "purify" indians from chinese platforms like he did with cash.

Can you block an app from running and streaming? Indians who already have tik-tok, will their app stop working now?

The reason of banning matter is another debate for me, but its a very correct decision. Prevent your children from installing the tik-tok application on their phones. This will not only prevent (although prohibited) the sale of children's personal data(I'm talking about the incredibly detailed data theft and vulnerability) to third parties, but will also have a positive impact on their intelligence development.

So India cannot escalate things with China militarily so they must resort to economic measures? I guess this just gives the Chinese more confidence in capturing Indian territory.

So India cannot escalate things with China militarily so they must resort to economic measures? I guess this just gives the Chinese more confidence in capturing Indian territory.
Are they not confident before the ban?

Are they not confident before the ban?
Not as confident I suppose? It looks like the Indians have given up on retaliating militarily so they have to go to economics it would appear. I do wonder what China's response to this will be.

Ban Indians from all social media they are just evil & nasty. YouTube (Pakistan) section, I type in Pakistan, too listen to our classic songs / or media news all I find is. Full of Indian uploaded trash from there SHiTtY news channel / music on our Pakistani section. And its full of there vile comments on it and they know Pakistanis hate them shameless people still can not leave.

Yes, some of the most cringeworthy species of human beings are found on tiktok mostly from that weird country india. If someone thought our new gen had lost the plot they ought to see a few videos of the indian species of tiktokers rest assured you'll start to think our young gen is God send.

By boycotting TikTok, Indians' internet warriors may finally lost a battle to the enemies, but cheers-up they still have conquered twitter, quora, youtube and wiki etc.

Back
Top Bottom