Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Three Gorges Dam
Reference:
Three Gorges Dam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ThreeGorgesDam-China2009.jpg

22,500 MW

The three Gorges DAM is a lesson , for Pakistani Nation , and to learn from the sacrifices that the Chinese had to make in order to reach a national goal of independence

When Chinese decided to build the Dam
They had to relocate 1,000,000 One million people across the banks to new residential homes

They had to Move 1300 heritage and historical sites or preserve them as best as they could

Many occupations became effected however , it was done for the betterment of Nation and for National Goals. Achieved in 8 years of hard work

Chinese, calculated the cost of Floods every next year and then figured out that the construction of the DAM saves them the same amount by one time cost. So went ahead and spent $25 Billion dollars !!

They even had to move Religious monuments and sites or preserve a % of these for future generation but the UNDERSTOOD the need.

> There were people who lived for 12 generations on the land they moved
> There were signs of past civilizations 4,000 years old but Chinese moved many
artifacts to safety however national interest came first

After the sacrifices they now reap rewards of Power generation capacity equal to 12 Nuclear power plant stations with out nuclear radiation risks

The example is a perfect example for Pakistan because we have a similar case with the KALA Bagh Dam which is not getting approved due to national politics being played, which China has made the sacrifices for their Country's national goal our public is too soft on these decisions...

Since 70's we have been waiting for a decision to build the DAM needed to safe up water reserves and also create cheap electricity

Last edited:
Just rename the Kalabagh dam to Indus Basin Dam !! I think it might get approved. Never knew why so much opposition from all other provinces. Must be something !! eahh...

The Three Gorges Dam is the largest power station in the whole world. :)

Three Gorges Dam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Three Gorges Dam is the world's largest power station in terms of installed capacity (22,500 MW).

Except for a ship lift, the dam project was completed and fully functional as of July 4, 2012, when the last of the main turbines in the underground plant began production. Each main turbine has a capacity of 700 MW. The dam body was completed in 2006. Coupling the dam's 32 main turbines with two smaller generators (50 MW each) to power the plant itself, the total electric generating capacity of the dam is 22,500 MW.

As well as producing electricity, the dam is intended to increase the Yangtze River's shipping capacity and reduce the potential for floods downstream by providing flood storage space.

Not only does it produce 22.5 GW of power without needing any input materials (it just needs the movement of the river which is free), but it also helps to control and stop flooding.

Do you know how many people died from floods before we built this dam? It went up to tens of thousands at one point.

But the Three Gorges Dam has been tested by multiple floods already, it has experienced one of the worst rainfall events since recorded history, and it worked perfectly. Despite having record high rainfalls and water surges in 2010, the Dam succeeded, and effectively stopped the flood from killing anyone.

Really Amazing..

Good work china & Chinese people. You deserve to be at top, since you know your own value.

All these facking western a-hole was saying the damn will cause environmental problems, etc, not weighing the lives of people it saved from floods, etc.
Pakistani gov't need to ignore western media. They never want any non white country to succeed, so if they bash you, do it, praise you, don't do it.

All these facking western a-hole was saying the damn will cause environmental problems

well,for that,you don't need western countries.if you've an environment ministry,its enough.in India too,many projects stuck due to no clearance from Environment ministry,and sometimes,I think,for better.you (human) aren't the only one who is living in this world,do you???

well,for that,you don't need western countries.if you've an environment ministry,its enough.in India too,many projects stuck due to no clearance from Environment ministry,and sometimes,I think,for better.you (human) aren't the only one who is living in this world,do you???

Western and former colonized a-holes. Like India has any power or right to tell another sovereign country what to do. :lol:

i also know since it being a large dam, all the silt and mud is being collected there, so in time it will have eroded many lands off their soil, which were agricultural lands and all that soil swept away and collected near that dam and they have to be dredging it continuously to keep off that silt and etc. off their gates and turbines, all the while those precious fertile alluvial lands of china gets washed away and gets deposited here.
They wanted to emulate Edgar Hoover dam,well i guess they didn't look at long term impact.

Western and former colonized a-holes. Like India has any power or right to tell another sovereign country what to do. :lol:
Yeah we do actually, we can protest actually? but what about you?

i also know since it being a large dam, all the silt and mud is being collected there, so in time it will have eroded many lands off their soil, which were agricultural lands and all that soil swept away and collected near that dam and they have to be dredging it continuously to keep off that silt and etc. off their gates and turbines, all the while those precious fertile alluvial lands of china gets washed away and gets deposited here.
They wanted to emulate Edgar Hoover dam,well i guess they didn't look at long term impact.

Yeah we do actually, we can protest actually? but what about you?

"They can protest all they want as long as they pay their taxes"

"They can protest all they want as long as they pay their taxes"
I am not highlighting the protest part, sorry you got me wrong.Regarding protests i can say a lot much, you fear to say anything bad against your nation in public or electronic media ,forget speaking bad about it to your friends.Say it and you vanish into air...poof:sick:.

I want to actually say this point below...

That dredging part and losing your fertile lands due to three gorges dam was highlighted by your own chinese political activist in a rather formal discussion.

I am not highlighting the protest part, sorry you got me wrong.Regarding protests i can say a lot much, you fear to say anything bad against your nation in public or electronic media ,forget speaking bad about it to your friends.Say it and you vanish into air...poof:sick:.

I want to actually say this point below...

That dredging part and losing your fertile lands due to three gorges dam was highlighted by your own chinese political activist in a rather formal discussion.

I don't need to say anything, the people will say it. I personally think Gorges dam is good because it saves thousands of lives each year from flooding and it creates a lot of power.

It doesn't matter what government we have, if they suck, a new better one will come in. So far, they are doing well. I read enough news throughout the year from western media condemning China from this and that, etc. They have been wrong for so many years, thus I do not believe them anymore.

I only care about improving the lives of the people. Results are more important than stats or having a good international image. In fact, once China has a good international image coming from the west, that's when I will criticise the government

What really amazed me were the desire and passion of people , they lived on the land for 12 generations , can you imagine same home , when their country asked them to relocate they happily moved to apartments

And the collective work 250,000 workers working on project for 6-7 years pouring in concrete and rocks to build the powerful DAM

Saving them enough energy equal to 12 Nuclear Power Stations , and free cheap energy and protection from Floods.

Plus they also developed "Ship Elevator" to move Ships up the DAM... try marvel of engineering

Really when you look at China and their People you say to yourself I wish our country would come together like Chinese brothers.

Can we just agree to build KALA Bagh DAM and secure water and energy

The Documentary also focused on the impact on their Temples and history sites, and they stated that in last few years they dug the land and found traces of ancient civilization so they quickly tried to save some artifacts but they Stuck to their "GOALS" of building the DAM ....

Meanwhile in Pakistan we can't seem to come with an engineering solution to build Kala Bagh Dam and also not allow sea water to come upshore

I don't need to say anything, the people will say it. I personally think Gorges dam is good because it saves thousands of lives each year from flooding and it creates a lot of power.

It doesn't matter what government we have, if they suck, a new better one will come in. So far, they are doing well. I read enough news throughout the year from western media condemning China from this and that, etc. They have been wrong for so many years, thus I do not believe them anymore.

Results more important than having a good international image.
I am not condemning you, i heard that viewpoint from a chinese official while being in china, he was CCP political activist, so... i told you his view about the dredging and other erosion of lands part.
About if your got the power to change the government i doubt buddy, good luck trying that.`

What really amazed me were the desire and passion of people , they lived on the land for 12 generations , can you imagine same home , when their country asked them to relocate they happily moved to apartments

And the collective work 250,000 workers working on project for 6-7 years pouring in concrete and rocks to build the powerful DAM

Saving them enough energy equal to 12 Nuclear Power Stations , and free cheap energy and protection from Floods.

Plus they also developed "Ship Elevator" to move Ships up the DAM... try marvel of engineering

Really when you look at China and their People you say to yourself I wish our country would come together like Chinese brothers.

Can we just agree to build KALA Bagh DAM and secure water and energy
Brother, the government in china owns the land, It's not you or anyone like you can buy land in pakistan and india, in china only the government owns it, the property developers buy from government in cheap build Apartments and sell them to chinese folk, that is only valid for 100 years, after that its brought down and resold again and you have to rebuy the place you were born and grew up with parents again.
Do you have that rule in pakistan?>
I sure once i buy my land my kids are rightful owners of it the title does not change. Or you want to advocate your children to go through all difficulties as you did so they can REBUY your own house?
Ship elevator and raising water so ships can pass through is a old trick.

Last edited:
I am not condemning you, i heard that viewpoint from a chinese official while being in china, he was CCP political activist, so... i told you his view about the dredging and other erosion of lands part.
About if your got the power to change the government i doubt buddy, good luck trying that.`

When Chinese change the government, it's real changel unlike most democracy, choosing conman #1, #2 or #3.

I don't know about the CPC political activist you are referring to, but political activist are really trouble makers. At the end of the day, he will get his 2 minutes of fame an possibly some kickback from the CIA, but nothing will change.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom