What's new

Three Gorges Dam , China is a lesson for Pakistan

Interesting points , however the documentary also showed the beauti of the river on which the DAM is built truely a tourist zone , natural sites, and ferries carrying passengers across , and local festivals etc and Temples to check out

When Chinese change the government, it's real changel unlike most democracy, choosing conman #1, #2 or #3.

I don't know about the CPC political activist you are referring to, but political activist are really trouble makers. At the end of the day, he will get his 2 minutes of fame an possibly some kickback from the CIA, but nothing will change.
Yeah right thank you for discarding some important chinese ccp guys opinion as trouble makers and fame seekers, I told you his personal opinion in people to people talk not some public opinion he expressed.Where does CIA come into picture in between a indian and chinese talking?

Yeah we are bad, Democracy is bad we always choose conman #1,#2,#3 etc. So bad for us, but good for you.You choose better so nice.

What really amazed me were the desire and passion of people , they lived on the land for 12 generations , can you imagine same home , when their country asked them to relocate they happily moved to apartments

And the collective work 250,000 workers working on project for 6-7 years pouring in concrete and rocks to build the powerful DAM

Saving them enough energy equal to 12 Nuclear Power Stations , and free cheap energy and protection from Floods.

Plus they also developed "Ship Elevator" to move Ships up the DAM... try marvel of engineering

Really when you look at China and their People you say to yourself I wish our country would come together like Chinese brothers.

Can we just agree to build KALA Bagh DAM and secure water and energy

The Documentary also focused on the impact on their Temples and history sites, and they stated that in last few years they dug the land and found traces of ancient civilization so they quickly tried to save some artifacts but they Stuck to their "GOALS" of building the DAM ....

Meanwhile in Pakistan we can't seem to come with an engineering solution to build Kala Bagh Dam and also not allow sea water to come upshore

I don't understand that if something is dispute then why Pakistan so called brainy people don't have enough brain to construct other dam so that people of Pakistan not suffer with energy crisis. It is because of their ego now whole Pakistan is suffer. They didn't construct a single big dam since 1960. Pathetic

What was the cost involved in moving 1 million people? That is indeed a very large number. How do you even convince 1 million people to move? It took Indian government 25 years to move the people in my village ( a few thousands) to construct what is now known as Delhi IGI T-3 :D

I think it was stated 1300 villages had to be relocated to higher ground, Chinese government constructed brand new housing for all the villages, and provided running water to compensate for the loss of old village. Full cities with appartment buildings came under water so these cities had to be demolished prior to filling them up with water to prevent future collision with Ships travelling above with structures below water

Once again it just shows the level of care and commitment Chinese had for this Monsterous project

Perhaps its nothing short of World Miracle

The loss China suffered
a) Loss of historical heritage sites (which not had been dug up ) , the Bah people
pre Chinese civilization

b) Certain Monk Temples had to be moved or walls constructed around them some
had to be moved brick by brick wall by wall up the mountain

c) Extinction of certain distinct modes of life , occupations

However , new jobs were created, larger ships were now traveling thru channels
Floods had been restricted and the Ship Elevator is nothing short of amazing to watch in person.

The Kala Bagh DAM is somethings similar we need to put national Interest above everything else and there is lesson in Chinese project for Pakistani People

The Project Costed Around $25 Billion Dollars but it makes

a) Energy Equal to 12 Nuclear power plants (1Nuclear plant costs 5-8 Billion dollar)
b) Water saving
c) No flooding and no damage to lives and people
d) No Smog or fossil rules being burned

Last edited:
Pakistan is a pathetic country. It hasn't built a dam in the last 50 years. So any nation that has built just one dam is a lesson for it.

National priority should always be on the top.

The Three Gorges Dam is the largest power station in the whole world. :)

Three Gorges Dam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not only does it produce 22.5 GW of power without needing any input materials (it just needs the movement of the river which is free), but it also helps to control and stop flooding.

Do you know how many people died from floods before we built this dam? It went up to tens of thousands at one point.

But the Three Gorges Dam has been tested by multiple floods already, it has experienced one of the worst rainfall events since recorded history, and it worked perfectly. Despite having record high rainfalls and water surges in 2010, the Dam succeeded, and effectively stopped the flood from killing anyone.

I which some of our politicians would see this wisdom , of saving up water for drinking and irrigation and not to mention saving people from floods

Due to global climate change such flood would a frequent event

Yeah right thank you for discarding some important chinese ccp guys opinion as trouble makers and fame seekers, I told you his personal opinion in people to people talk not some public opinion he expressed.Where does CIA come into picture in between a indian and chinese talking?

Yeah we are bad, Democracy is bad we always choose conman #1,#2,#3 etc. So bad for us, but good for you.You choose better so nice.
You obviously have a hard time comprehending your official language and i'm in no mood to educate you. Just say we agree to disagree. Don't bother replying as I've wasted three posts on a fucker like you.

You obviously have a hard time comprehending your official language and i'm in no mood to educate you. Just say we agree to disagree. Don't bother replying as I've wasted three posts on a fucker like you.
Suit yourself, bye.:wave:

Three gorges dam is over ambitious for pakistan
Learn from Indian Dams and they suit the condition of south asia very well...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom