What's new

Three dead in newly-built Chinese bridge collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on dude.....people living in glass house should not throw stones to others....I hope you understood what i mean....

Shady operators and bad oversights, without stringent regulations.

From the photos released so far I don't see any evidence of construction or material deficiencies. Which implies it's a design flaw. But that doesn't make sense, either - this isn't a unique piece of engineering. So there's not enough information to make a determination yet.

Maybe its just the view, but seeing such a sizable portion collapse we are fortunate there weren't more deaths and injuries.

From the photos released so far I don't see any evidence of construction or material deficiencies. Which implies it's a design flaw. But that doesn't make sense, either - this isn't a unique piece of engineering. So there's not enough information to make a determination yet.

I believed these bridges are pre-fabs and jointed on site, the quality of the (material) bridge should be OK since the rest of the bridge is still intact unless there is other fault lied somewhere undetected by naked eyes. BTW, material fault should not be the case unless there is little or absolutely no QC at the factory when they were fabricating the bridge sections.

I think the investigator should look more into the design, the method of construction and how the actual site supervisions were being carried out during the construction phase in order to determine the actual cause.

another word is , one reasons:
first: 4 overloaded trucks parked together at the same side of the bridge at the same time to avoid detection, totle 500tons on one short side,
The designed load capacity for the one-side is 50 tons, that means one tank can pass from one side of the bridge without any other car passing the other side to balance, but 4 big overloaded truchs parked tegether at the same side, let the concentrated force 500 tons at one side point, about 8 times of the designed force, let the bridge rollover
the face of the collapsed bridge have no one crackle and deform, Overall rollover

20120824095228568.jpg

20120824100352788.jpg

20120824100355890.jpg

Safety supervision departments take part in to find whether there is a design flaw

another word is , one reasons:
first: 4 overloaded trucks parked together at the same side of the bridge at the same time to avoid detection, totle 500tons on one short side,
The designed load capacity for the one-side is 50 tons, that means one tank can pass from one side of the bridge without any other car passing the other side to balance, but 4 big overloaded truchs parked tegether at the same side, let the concentrated force 500 tons at one side point, about 8 times of the designed force, let the bridge rollover
the face of the collapsed bridge have no one crackle and deform, Overall rollover

20120824095228568.jpg

20120824100352788.jpg

20120824100355890.jpg

Safety supervision departments take part in to find whether there is a design flaw

OMG, if this was the case, the designer of the bridge should be the one to get to face the firing-squad and every bridges that were handled by him should be re-studied, re-designed and even re-constructed again.

BTW, I have looked at the photos, they don't showed many post-tensioned bars being exposed there based on my visual judgement i.e. construction method and site supervision issues.

OMG, if this was the case, the designer of the bridge should be the one to get to face the firing-squad and every bridges that were handled by him should be re-studied, re-designed and even re-constructed again.

bcs, all over the world, No Parking on the bridge, just like no bridge is designed to survival under Nuclear explosions

The construction was rushed. The project was to take 36 months. Instead it was finished in 18 months. Whoever cut the corners have to be punished severely.

Please refrain posting local news from China or India

It is against the forum rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom