What's new

Threa of Christianity in China.

Christianity has been in China for quite some time. My impression is that most Han Chinese don't take religion all that seriously. They may go to church a couple of times and may even call themselves Christian but they're hardly partaking in any serious understanding or practice.

It's like Christmas in China. Sure people put up Christmas trees and pictures of St. Nick but it's really only appreciated on a superficial level.

You are pretty much spot on. As far as culture goes, Chinese are very open and utilitarian, thus we like to use whatever that interests us and works for us. This openness allows the Chinese culture to mix with many cultures and religions. However, it is the same openness that made Chinese significantly less fervent about religion that pretty much the rest of the world. It comes easy and it be lost just as easily. So yes, there are more people interested in Christianity, but the Chinese is not likely to be remotely as fervent as Europeans or Americans.

yaya i know ,when some one does something good to others there will be people out there waiting to point all he did was for his own good. can u tell me any other person who did such good things

I think you did not read the articles.

The whole point is the point of "she did such good things" is one hyper-inflated bogey and there was not much actual substance to it.

And the articles I posted are from neutral sources - one a well knows rationalist and the other from Canada from white christians themselves.

There's a prophecy say that CHINA IS THE CRADLE OF CHRISTIANITY.

What I want to say is the Gnostic Christianity, not the Roman Christianity.

The Roman Christianity teaching, where Roman Emperor and European Kings are GOD representative on Earth, where only 4 Jesus disciples are right and the others are wrong, as all their letters declared as heretic and should be destroyed.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom