What's new

Threa of Christianity in China.

My paternal family since Qing Dynasty has been Christian family in Zhejiang province, where Western missionaries were very active. My aunts all go to house churches. However, my dad is not Christian. Actually we are more fervent follower of traditional cultures. We practice ancestral worships in every holiday, lol. The reason being that my dad is the only son and he should not be Christian because our ancestors would have no place to call home.
You might want to read Sterling Seagraves' book, The Soong Dynasty, which details some private - perhaps inadvertent - support of China's Communist Revolution by rich American Christians (mostly cotton and tobacco farmers/magnates) working through missionaries.

This happens everytime when a religion is on a rise in a country.

People come up with the whole threat thing.

This is a surprise... I know Christianity is popular in korea because christian personalities led the rebellion against the Japanese and Christian countries donated HUGE amounts of money to rebuild S.Korea after the korean war but what reason does China have?

I'm not really happy about this news lol, one thing I dislike about Christians is that they're always out to try and convert everyone, news like this will only motivate them more.

This is a surprise... I know Christianity is popular in korea because christian personalities led the rebellion against the Japanese and Christian countries donated HUGE amounts of money to rebuild S.Korea after the korean war but what reason does China have?

I'm not really happy about this news lol, one thing I dislike about Christians is that they're always out to try and convert everyone, news like this will only motivate them more.

I'm Catholic myself but I agree. Don't like those who always convert other people.

The lead article is rather cleaver, I like the way it asks whether capitalism and Christianity go hand in hand, as if the Chinese who have been cultivating the capitalist ethic for thousands of years, suddenly became aware of doing business with the coming of Christian missionaries ---and then it does the same, that is associating Christianity with the idea of the young and "modernity" itself but it's a cleaver little piece - fun read.

Christians are the biggest threat to China. They convert poor people. In 25 years the vast majority of the Chinese population will be Christian. The worst thing about Christianity is that all Christians will always backstab their country to support their religion. Chinese Christians will support the west in any war with the west. Religion is more important to people than ethnicity and country. CCP has failed to stop the spread of Christianity.

Christians are the biggest threat to China. They convert poor people. In 25 years the vast majority of the Chinese population will be Christian. The worst thing about Christianity is that all Christians will always backstab their country to support their religion. Chinese Christians will support the west in any war with the west. Religion is more important to people than ethnicity and country. CCP has failed to stop the spread of Christianity.

For low income countries it's pretty hard to resist Christianity. Most of the wealthy nations are Christian dominant and win over followers from other countries through donations. This is exactly how S.Korea became Christian dominant they're now the second leading nation in spreading Christianity, according to my religion professor.

The biggest threat to China is poor governance and poverty-- There are no other threats that China cannot deal with -- China, because it has well wishers around the world, because they see in China a hope for themselves, must guard against economic threats and against those officials who forget that they are servants of the people, not their masters.

Another Christian, trying to convice the fellow Chinese that Christianity is on the raise and they have to chose it to cope with the new CHINESE culture.
Let me tell you one thing every religion has its bad side and of all the religion that has florised in the face of Earth there is no other religion that will bet Chistianity in the number of sufferings that it has caused to human kind, since the time of Crusades, to the time mordern times of world war 2 (Hitler himself being a Christian).
Lets just retain the religion that we are born into and keep it a private matter and not follow the customs of what the religious books says, because these books are writen for a time that is 1000s of years before.
In my crude opinion MAO was right, Religion is a poison that has wandered the earth too long, its better to embrase athism rather falling in this trap of number fight on which is the fastest growing religion

Its not fair to call regard Hitler as a Christianity. He has his own brand of religion that mix his Aryan supremacy and Christianity. Also, most dictators who are Christians does mean that they use religion as motivation for committing atrocities and murder. Lets use two Muslims as an example, Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden. Saddam kill others but he do it for his own benefit and not in the name of Islam. Osama bin Laden tie his terror to Islam. So just because Saddam is a Muslim does not mean that the faith of Islam is used by him to murder others.

Its not fair to call regard Hitler as a Christianity. He has his own brand of religion that mix his Aryan supremacy and Christianity. Also, most dictators who are Christians does mean that they use religion as motivation for committing atrocities and murder. Lets use two Muslims as an example, Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden. Saddam kill others but he do it for his own benefit and not in the name of Islam. Osama bin Laden tie his terror to Islam. So just because Saddam is a Muslim does not mean that the faith of Islam is used by him to murder others.

Agreed, pretty much all religion have good intentions. It just takes a few people to abuse it for their own benefits that ruins it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom