What's new

Thoughts of an InAF fighter pilot on the JF-17

I think giving Iran our thunders and loaning India our thunders for evaluation is "one and the same thing". I am not comfortable with the idea that our ONLY enemy should be allowed access to our main-stream fighter for next 2~3 dacades.

If however, Iran breaks its ties with India, for good, THEN and only then should China allow FC-1 and FC-20 exports to Iran, because China and Pakistan will be depending heavily on these for many dacades to come. The potential for leakage of secret performance statistics of these aircrafts to India is a very real possibility if we export these to Iran now.

I guss, thunders can be exported, to IRAN even, if she didnt break, its alliance, with INDIA.;)
it means, they can get the bird, but those birds wouldbe only, export models btw, technology theaft, is one common problem, i guss exporting IRAN , thunders will be safe, because it will be only way out to IRAN AIRFORCE, which is in deep need, of the AC,s.;):agree:
or we can put the deal, with your way!:cheers:

I guss, thunders can be exported, to IRAN even, if she didnt break, its alliance, with INDIA.;)
it means, they can get the bird, but those birds wouldbe only, export models btw, technology theaft, is one common problem, i guss exporting IRAN , thunders will be safe, because it will be only way out to IRAN AIRFORCE, which is in deep need, of the AC,s.;):agree:
or we can put the deal, with your way!:cheers:

Dear, IAF pilots visit Iran more often than you think.
The best advantage of FC-1 and FC-20 is that their performance envelop is unknown. This is an advantage we should not lose without any good reason.

Dear, IAF pilots visit Iran more often than you think.
The best advantage of FC-1 and FC-20 is that their performance envelop is unknown. This is an advantage we should not lose without any good reason.

D, sir!
well i know that!
& i know more thn that too, but just looking on the frames, cant do any serious danger, i guss, with the deal , it should be known to IRAN, tht this kind of attitude, will surly close the doors for them, in the furure, & maybe when thy needed tht, most!;):pakistan:

D, sir!
well i know that!
& i know more thn that too, but just looking on the frames, cant do any serious danger, i guss, with the deal , it should be known to IRAN, tht this kind of attitude, will surly close the doors for them, in the furure, & maybe when thy needed tht, most!;):pakistan:

Dear, FC-1 and FC-20 will be "lifeline" of Pakistani defense in the literal sense, and presenting that lifeline to a "VERY close friend my GREATEST enemy" on a hunch or gut feeling is not my idea good economic deal.

The past (and present) record of Iran is very bad ... they "presented" our nuclear tech to western scrutiny ... what makes you think that Iran will not do the same in the future.

Don't get me wrong ... i am not an Iran Hater. We should develop close economic ties with Iran, also close defense ties, but if good co-operation hampers security of Pakistan or China, I prefer to keep myself secure. Iran has got a lot of money and whole Indian and Russian weapons market open to them. Let them buy weapons from them. Why simply present our latest tech to them if they are not willing to go the extra mile for us.

Italian VIXEN 1000E AESA Radar, a probably strong candidate for later Block JF-17.

7fc4f08cf32184d296e6a55fd68140bc.jpg

Seems like a great opportunity.

i wish it comes with a TOT agreement, we have long standing relations with italians as far as radars are concerned.

this along with a powerfull engine for JF-17 and Radar Absorbant Paint will surely bring it at par with 4.5 Generation fighters of the world.

but time is crucial in this context...:pakistan::tup:

Last edited:
tejas is 4.5 gen i never saw a joke better than this hahahahahahahaha

Dear, FC-1 and FC-20 will be "lifeline" of Pakistani defense in the literal sense, and presenting that lifeline to a "VERY close friend my GREATEST enemy" on a hunch or gut feeling is not my idea good economic deal.

The past (and present) record of Iran is very bad ... they "presented" our nuclear tech to western scrutiny ... what makes you think that Iran will not do the same in the future.

Don't get me wrong ... i am not an Iran Hater. We should develop close economic ties with Iran, also close defense ties, but if good co-operation hampers security of Pakistan or China, I prefer to keep myself secure. Iran has got a lot of money and whole Indian and Russian weapons market open to them. Let them buy weapons from them. Why simply present our latest tech to them if they are not willing to go the extra mile for us.

DEAR, I iguss, its only FC-1, no question about,FC-20!:cheesy::tup:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom