What's new

Those asking for proof of surgical strikes not loyal to country: Manohar Parrikar

But Sir, speaking the truth, and standing for what is right is not treason. Or is it? The favorite tactic of such fools is to accuse those speaking the truth of defamation and malignment, when it is nothing of the sort.

Sir,

This kind of character assassination is common to Communist and Fascist alike.

Sir Ji, I was merely referring to traitor Hussain Haqqani, ex ambassador of Pakistan in US, the ungrateful that never miss a chance to defame the country that raised him, give him respect and identity yet bites back like a snake, not the Haqqani group. On lighter side for @Spring Onion reply.

Hahahahahahh.... Seems like things got mixed up in heat of debate due to similarity of Name Haqani.

LOL.

At least some of us are still able to see the lighter side of things in these very difficult days.

BREAKING:

Pakistan spec ops raid, dozens of Baloch terrorist leaders killed in India

Pakistan has just conducted a surgical strike against the leadership of several foreign-funded Baloch terror movements in the outskirts of Delhi. SSG Commandos from 1 Battalion entered Indian airspace at 0230 hrs using specially modified helicopters utilizing classified stealth technologies that Pakistan's Advanced Airborne Vehicle Research Lab developed in conjunction with China's Air Defense Command.

Five HVTs were neutralized by the commandos using silenced sniper rifles while the remaining thirteen met their fate in a daring raid that saw fierce CQB. Several Indian commandos and RAW operatives tasked to guard the Baloch terrorist leaders were also killed.

The commandos exfiltrated using known ratlines and with the help of the Indian Underground and D-Company.

This strike was so unbelievably surgical that no proof of the entire operation exists, except news reports like this which will start popping up because the Pakistani NSA fed them some BS.

Every UN address by Pakistani diplomat must mention this fake surgical strike to expose these pathetic people.

Sir,

This kind of character assassination is common to Communist and Fascist alike.

Yes, and we can see shades of that on PDF too.

Whatever India's handling of the present episode, I will predict that their political game will only go another step up for the next time with more experience. A poor adversary that learns from their mistakes will grow into a better one with time.

Yes, and we can see shades of that on PDF too.

Whatever India's handling of the present episode, I will predict that their political game will only go another step up for the next time with more experience. A poor adversary that learns from their mistakes will grow into a better one with time.

Which, sadly, the neighbourhood will all regret. The political game going on is not a positive one. It may serve as a corrective for a situation where one neighbour is wrecking the neighbourhood, but only when limited to a short, sharp response. A steady, sustained grinding down reflects a far more determined approach to the destruction of co-existence. Personally, I dread that coming true.

Which, sadly, the neighbourhood will all regret. The political game going on is not a positive one. It may serve as a corrective for a situation where one neighbour is wrecking the neighbourhood, but only when limited to a short, sharp response. A steady, sustained grinding down reflects a far more determined approach to the destruction of co-existence. Personally, I dread that coming true.

The end game will come from social disaster, not anything else. Ignorant masses competing for a dearth of resources will become increasingly desperate and self-consume the vestiges of civil society. Guaranteed.

The end game will come from social disaster, not anything else. Ignorant masses competing for a dearth of resources will become increasingly desperate and self-consume the vestiges of civil society. Guaranteed.

That as well. I have spent most of this week exploring partnerships with institutions who are interested in this increasingly existential problem.

That as well. I have spent most of this week exploring partnerships with institutions who are interested in this increasingly existential problem.

The point of no return is not far, so it will take a huge effort to prevent or even push farther out this inevitable outcome.

Should one give up? Should one give up on PDF as well?

The problem is not one of effort. It is hard to convince others to spend their resources for social development in South Asia while they spend their own money on weapons and lavish lifestyles of the rich and corrupt elite. Similarly, if we consider PDF as a microcosm of the real thing, then outsiders (like me) can only do so much unless those who manage PDF are willing to change direction as well, which they will not since their convictions of being on the right track are so strong.

The problem is not one of effort. It is hard to convince others to spend their resources for social development in South Asia while they spend their own money on weapons and lavish lifestyles of the rich and corrupt elite. Similarly, if we consider PDF as a microcosm of the real thing, then outsiders (like me) can only do so much unless those who manage PDF are willing to change direction as well, which they will not since their convictions of being on the right track are so strong.
Sorry for jumping in between but outsiders like yourself and me are representing our nation's. If I say something I am bound to get counter but coming from the same side will/ can make the same side think and look at it sanely. I know this is a very micro platform we will not be able to change mass opinion. But that's a start. To be honest both sides need it desperately.

I agree that it might be a futile effort and doomed to failure, at the societal level as well as at the level of this forum What would you suggest that the well-intentioned do? Follow Candide, and cultivate our garden? That is a distinct possibility. Or should one continue to try to the very bitter end?

I agree that it might be a futile effort and doomed to failure, at the societal level as well as at the level of this forum What would you suggest that the well-intentioned do? Follow Candide, and cultivate our garden? That is a distinct possibility. Or should one continue to try to the very bitter end?

I, for one, do not intend to quit, unless barred. I have made many mistakes in my life, and on PDF, but I have learned from all of them. Hence, the effort must go on, steadily improved wherever possible. Whether it bears any fruit or not is not up to me.

The only sad part is that the effectiveness of any effort is determined (or undermined) very easily by those whose interests are tied in with maintaining the status quo. This initial inertia is the hardest part to break, since the existing thought processes are so entrenched. It takes a great leap of faith to set one's mind free to soar, when the cliff ledge appears far more comforting under one's feet.

Last edited:
Hitting out at politicians who have demanded proof of the surgical strikes conducted by the Indian army in the Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, in retaliation to the Uri attack, Defence Minister Manohar Parrkiar on Thursday said that no one had doubted bravery of our forces ever and the government is not going to oblige them by giving proof of the Army action.

“No one had doubted bravery of our forces ever, but for the first time recently some people are doubting. There are many people who are not loyal to our country and criticized Indian army, but we don’t have to give them any proof,” said Parrikar at aBJP function in Agra.

Parrkiar said that many ex-servicemen have shown willingness to fight on the border if required. “Some ex-servicemen wrote to me and said that they are ready to fight on the border if need arises.I salute them,” said the minister, adding “We carried out a 100% perfect surgical strike, our nation carries the heart and courage to carry this task out.”

The Uttar Pradesh unit of the BJP gave a “warm reception” to Parrikar and felicitated him for the successful surgical strike by the forces. BJP workers in the state capital have put up big hoardings thanking Prime Minister Narendra Modiand Parrikar for “teaching a lesson to Pakistan.”

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...trikes-not-loyal-to-country-manohar-parrikar/
53239955.jpg

Back
Top Bottom