What's new

This is part of old style Ex-KGB Lt. Colonel Putin does business now

You are too young, perhaps not born yet when the USSR invaded your neighbor, Afghanistan, which then had a benevolent King ruling there.

There is no rational reason or business reason on the face of the earth to support your thought process.

Inverse thinking does not get you a good ally in Russia which is as an economy near "taking."

I would give you E for Effort to try to look at the issue from all angles, but this is unhappily for you an obtuse triangle that doesn't exist.

1. Sir, I would have appreciated a heads-up by using my forum name of Chak Bamu or by quoting my post so that I may know that you have replied to me.

2. You are making unwarranted assumptions about my age. I am in fact 45 years of age and I distinctly remember reading about troubles of Sardar Daud, and his assassination that paved the way for Communist rule in Afghanistan and set the stage for later Soviet invasion. Your assumption, and implied satisfaction derived therefrom are misplaced.

3. Immediately prior to Soviet invasion, there was no benevolent king. Such people exist only in story books. Being an American, you really should be an anti-imperialist - or at least profess being so. There is a reason Americans are not allowed to hold titles and such derived from accident of birth.

Any way, Hafizullah Amin, a communist in power in 1979 and killed in coup during Soviet invasion was preceded by Nur M. Tarkai, and who in turn was preceded by President Sardar Daud, who had forced his cousin King Zahir Shah into exile in 1973. So you see, the King was long gone when Soviets invaded in 1979.

4. Mine is a simple observation and another assumption of it being a process of inverse thinking is just plain wrong.

5. It is a simple strategic matter of dissolving Russian periphery by using indirect 'people power' tactics supported by mass media. That is the heart of the matter here. It is not about democracy, or values of liberty and such. That is just preposterous. I see a very deliberate attempt at destabilizing Ukraine to bait Russia.

6. And for what purpose? Beats me totally.

What do 'Western' powers hope to accomplish here? I can not say. But to me buying Russian enmity for sake of ability to pressurize Russia over Syria and Iran is hopelessly short-term lunacy.

7. Yeah I know that Russian economy has weakened. But your pointed reference to it does betray smugness that seems to have its source in satisfaction of nearly achieving unsaid desired goals.

8. My observation has nothing to do with nationalist strategic thinking. I call things as I see them, not necessarily as I want them. Having spent nearly a decade in USA, I am in debt of this great country. But I can not, with sound conscience, condone what is happening, particularly when I see that long-term effects are not likely to be pleasant. You really should question your assumptions and question Washington leadership. After the debacle in Afghanistan and Iraq, it is the right thing to do.

I am sorry if I come across as abrasive or disrespectful, but I feel strongly that the present trajectory of squeezing Russia is not likely to yield positive results in the long-run.

1. Sir, I would have appreciated a heads-up by using my forum name of Chak Bamu or by quoting my post so that I may know that you have replied to me.

2. You are making unwarranted assumptions about my age. I am in fact 45 years of age and I distinctly remember reading about troubles of Sardar Daud, and his assassination that paved the way for Communist rule in Afghanistan and set the stage for later Soviet invasion. Your assumption, and implied satisfaction derived therefrom are misplaced.

3. Immediately prior to Soviet invasion, there was no benevolent king. Such people exist only in story books. Being an American, you really should be an anti-imperialist - or at least profess being so. There is a reason Americans are not allowed to hold titles and such derived from accident of birth.

Any way, Hafizullah Amin, a communist in power in 1979 and killed in coup during Soviet invasion was preceded by Nur M. Tarkai, and who in turn was preceded by President Sardar Daud, who had forced his cousin King Zahir Shah into exile in 1973. So you see, the King was long gone when Soviets invaded in 1979.

4. Mine is a simple observation and another assumption of it being a process of inverse thinking is just plain wrong.

5. It is a simple strategic matter of dissolving Russian periphery by using indirect 'people power' tactics supported by mass media. That is the heart of the matter here. It is not about democracy, or values of liberty and such. That is just preposterous. I see a very deliberate attempt at destabilizing Ukraine to bait Russia.

6. And for what purpose? Beats me totally.

What do 'Western' powers hope to accomplish here? I can not say. But to me buying Russian enmity for sake of ability to pressurize Russia over Syria and Iran is hopelessly short-term lunacy.

7. Yeah I know that Russian economy has weakened. But your pointed reference to it does betray smugness that seems to have its source in satisfaction of nearly achieving unsaid desired goals.

8. My observation has nothing to do with nationalist strategic thinking. I call things as I see them, not necessarily as I want them. Having spent nearly a decade in USA, I am in debt of this great country. But I can not, with sound conscience, condone what is happening, particularly when I see that long-term effects are not likely to be pleasant. You really should question your assumptions and question Washington leadership. After the debacle in Afghanistan and Iraq, it is the right thing to do.

I am sorry if I come across as abrasive or disrespectful, but I feel strongly that the present trajectory of squeezing Russia is not likely to yield positive results in the long-run.

When I was working and living in Pakistan (West) 1963-65 Afghanistan had a King, I met him, and I personally like him. It was he who was recalled from exile in Italy to call and hold the Grand Jurga in Afghanistan after the Taliban lost power in the early 2000's.

Yes, there was a period after the King was kicked when the Communists ruled, which is when the Russians came into Afghanistan, seeking, historically, to get "closer" to warm water ports, which meant Iran or Pakistan or both.

WE are starting to celebrate Mothers' Day here so you all be sure to tell your wives who are Mothers of your children Happy Mothers Day.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom