Think Tanks - Please help!

Last Hope

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Asslam u alikum,
Hope everything is great.

I am in a bit of confusion.
I am concidering to join Pakistan Army or Pakistan Ariforce. (Aeronautical Engg)

I had a talk with my parents, dad says that it brutal life (I feel its worth it) and you get orders from top and you get abused and bullied by seniors and you dont have actual power until you are a brigadier.

So i just want your advice.
I have got 2 options in life:
1) Join Pakistan Army, as a Officer
2) Join Air Force, As Aeronautical engg
3) Be a common Electrical engineer.

I personally want to go with 2nd.
All i want to do is, serve this nation, and if necessery, lay my life for it.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Aeronautical engineering is the hardest engineering field one can ever choose. But if that is your passion and you know you are capable enough to do it, you should go for it. It is REALLY REALLY REALLY interesting course. As I'm doing aeronautical engineering myself.[First year]

I don't have any idea about joining air force as an aeronautical engineer becuase I'm planning to go towards commercial ones. [In goron ke liye kya marne ka. joking] :P

Join the Navy.

It's balanced in all aspects of work. Mental, physical, etc.

he should join where he feel most comfortable and can give his 100% to the work/nation

Navy is not in his mind so better stick with Plan A

Go for your passion, dont let the distance come in between you and your passion..

Why not try your luck on becoming fighter pilot? :sniper:

Any way.. i am sure some think tank will be able to guide you here later on how to apply, when to apply, where to apply and with all the necessary requirements.

Good Luck

I had a talk with my parents, dad says that it brutal life (I feel its worth it) and you get orders from top and you get abused and bullied by seniors and you dont have actual power until you are a brigadier.

First things first, you must not go against your parents. That means you should try to convince them using reason, not emotional drama. Find out what their concerns are and try to communicate to them why you want to join the services, and I am sure after they've seen your passion, they will agree. Tell them that even in civilian life as a regular engineer, you will be subject to your seniors' will and will, likely, need to kiss-butt anyway. At least if you do your time in the Army/Air Force, you will be rewarded. In civilian live, with all the bureaucracy and politics, there is no guarantee you will succeed.

If it comes down to it, tell them to come with you to a recruiting and have them speak to the recruiters directly.

Out of high-school, one option I had was to join the Canadian Forces and complete my education at the Royal Military Academy, serve the mandatory 5 years, and then go to Pak to join PA/PAF. After speaking with my dad, I realized the many problems with this idea, and changed my mind. It took a few months, but gradually I started seeing things from my parents' perspective. I am so glad I did that.

Conversely, a Vietnamese-Canadian friend of mine joined the Canadian Forces against his parents will, and quit in less than a year. He hadn't thought it through and didn't discuss it with his parents. Now, he's too old to go back to high school and too under-skilled to get a have a serious career. In the last 5 years, he's joined the Army, Police Academy, Security Guards, etc. Each time he's quit in under a year.
Aeronautical engineering is the hardest engineering field one can ever choose.
That is an opinion. Most people believe Electrical Engineering to be the toughest, particularly the Electromagnetics and Systems Control fields. The field of Nuclear Engineering is also very difficult.

In India and Pakistan, Aero is very easy, mostly due to the level of R&D. My fellow-students in Aero dropped out of IIT and came to UofT for its Aero program.

A couple of things to consider mate,

1. No chicks in engineering, initially i thought it was alright its just four years besides lots of girls on campus right ? by your second you will find yourself making jokes about circuits at a bar..so you have been warned

2. Tough as hell and with the competition thats out there you will really have to be top notch to be of any use to Pakistan

3. Do it if you really like it, working for ones country is noble..but if you are doing this just for the sake of the country, then i just before jumping in i suggest you take an honest look to see if you have the aptitude for engineering subjects or not. Pakistan isnt running out of engineers but it hurts more when a kid has to drop out

4. Forget all of the above, before choosing any option make absolutely sure that you have what it takes..if you dont, dont waste your time do something you're good at rather than something you like to do.. A lot of people will differ with me on that but its the practical way to succeed in life

Electrical engineer is good choice. who knows one day u might bring electricity to every house of pakistan.

hey, i mean who knows. :)

there are many others to join army or navy.

Aeronautical engineering is the hardest engineering field one can ever choose. But if that is your passion and you know you are capable enough to do it, you should go for it. It is REALLY REALLY REALLY interesting course. As I'm doing aeronautical engineering myself.[First year]

I don't have any idea about joining air force as an aeronautical engineer becuase I'm planning to go towards commercial ones. [In goron ke liye kya marne ka. joking] :P

Yeah aeronautics is very hard...You r in the first year and I already am one , are u willing to go towards maintenance ?

Asslam u alikum,
Hope everything is great.

I am in a bit of confusion.
I am concidering to join Pakistan Army or Pakistan Ariforce. (Aeronautical Engg)

I personally want to go with 2nd.
All i want to do is, serve this nation, and if necessery, lay my life for it.

Thank you!

GO FOR AERONAUTICAL ENGG - ITS THE FUTURE IN PAKISTAN!!!

Yeah aeronautics is very hard...You r in the first year and I already am one , are u willing to go towards maintenance ?

Oh! Come on. Dont frighten the kid away.

All branches of engineering are difficult and hard.

All those of you think that aeronautics is the hardest have no idea of the lives that mechanical, electrical, production, civil, chemical and Instrumentation engineers live in far away oil rigs and in some coldest regions on the planet to find oil!

Aeronautics is a far more civilized option than many other engineering disciplines that are available.

Back
Top Bottom