What's new

'They don't fire at terrorists': Mother of teen on bike killed in Delhi

Aka123

Reaction score
Country
India
New Delhi: The mother of Karan Pandey, who was killed yesterday when police opened fire during an attempt to stop a group of bikers from performing dangerous stunts, accused the police of high-handedness and demanded death penalty for the guilty personnel.

"They don't fire at terrorists and criminals. My son was not a thief or a dacoit. Police has wronged as they don't have the right to kill a child. Cops who killed him should be hanged," said Karan's mother Manju.

Questioning police's claim on the sequence of events, he claimed her son didn't even knew how to ride a motorbike and demanded a post-mortem be done by a team of doctors.

"My son doesn't even know how to ride a motorcycle and we also don't have a motorbike at home. He also doesn't indulge in drugs. If he was indulging in hooliganism or had misbehaved with them, they could have lathicharged or arrested him, but they shouldn't have fired at him. He was my only son," she said.

She said that the reports about the other biker Punit Sharma being injured and admitted in hospital are false.

"Punit is neither injured nor admitted in the hospital. Infact, at 6.30 AM he had come with the cops accompanied by his father at our house. Cops told me that my son had an accident and asked me to go to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital with them," said Manju.

She said that the cops took her to the hospital where they asked her about the names of Karan's friend and informed her about his death due to an accident.

She was then taken to the police station."They made me wait for hours at the police station. I called up my family members who reached and found out that he died after being fired at by the police," she said.

She demanded that Punit should be arrested and interrogated and her son's post mortem be conducted by a five-doctor team.

Police had claimed that Karan Pandey, 19, was killed when a bullet fired by the police in an attempt to puncture the tyre of the bike he was riding pillion hit him in his back. Police had claimed that the group of about 150 bikers turned violent when they were asked to stop their dangerous motorcycle stunts and started pelting stones injuring some policemen after which police fired in air.

'They don't fire at terrorists': Mother of teen on bike killed in Delhi | NDTV.com

The entire biking community in India is abuzz with this.

may that bastard police man also lose one of his own one day in similar circumstances.

I have a mixed feeling. But Police should never have used bullet on the bikers!! This is just criminal.

may that bastard police man also lose one of his own one day in similar circumstances.

Without a proper investigation we should not pass such statements.

Who shoots to puncture tyres of bikes except in movies? It would require remarkable aim

Really what a way to manage traffic!! This was the last thing which we needed. Now let's see what happens to those who fired. What kind of punishment they get.

RIP !!
Loss of life is always sad.

It's well known that our police force is not a shining beacon of morality and honesty. But, does it provide the moral high ground to every on to bash them without knowing the facts. This know it all attitude is really eating out society

I'd not have said that if I were you. Friend you should know the fact before cursing any one. Who knows what thiose 100+ bikers were up to.

Also, roads are not race tracks and place for showing your biking skills. No one have given those bikers license to put other fellow travelers life at risk.

My stand on this is very clear. Even in Kashmir, at the height of civil unrest, with mobs throwing stones, the police and CRPF respond with lathis, and perspex/bamboo shields, and body armor (that cyclists and skaters wear), and use rubber bullets and tear gas.

You cannot use lethal force on kids and youth acting up. Catch them, give them a few hard slaps, let them cool off in a cell. But shoot them?

What is this? America?

RIP !!
Loss of life is always sad.

It's well known that our police force is not a shining beacon of morality and honesty. But, does it provide the moral high ground to every on to bash them without knowing the facts. This know it all attitude is really eating out society

I'd not have said that if I were you. Friend you should know the fact before cursing any one. Who knows what thiose 100+ bikers were up to.

Also, roads are not race tracks and place for showing your biking skills. No one have given those bikers license to put other fellow travelers life at risk.

Agreed to you bold part. But all over our country how many people follow traffic rules.They need to tackle this without openly firing. Now if police starts shooting for rash driving very soon India's population will reduce to 600 million.

The loss is ir repairable.

I have seen these gangs misbehave on the expressway & on Rajpath.

They are a huge menace.

Lack of traffic discipline lead to this, media raised hue and cry regarding this matter and when police started ticketing them they resorted to stone pelting which eventually lead to this kid's death.

India is more dangerous than I thought. Besides just all the rapes, there are police brutalities and bike gangs like hells angel.

India is more dangerous than I thought. Besides just all the rapes, there are police brutalities and bike gangs like hells angel.

Now that the mandatory India Bashing is done lets get back at the topic at hand, shall we?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom