What's new

These 5 far-out space projects are making science fiction a reality

Even roads made up of super conductors where transport can levitate and save fuel on overcoming friction.

Or was it magnets??

I study MBA. It shows lol

As of now, i think they are mostly using powerful electromagnets, but there are experiments with superconducting electromagnets, which would be power efficient and faster.

I'm an atheist as well. But I did say god like, plus I like the irony that the closest we will ever get to god is our mastery of the sciences.

To be God like, one has to be independent of time. I was thinking about interdimensional beings, civilizations hundreds of millions of years of old. Imagine what they might have achieved. In Michio Kaku's terminology, type 5 civilization.

As of now, i think they are mostly using powerful electromagnets, but there are experiments with superconducting electromagnets, which would be power efficient and faster.

Last question before I go =)

I have been thinking nanotechnology and developing countries. Do you think it is possible to use nano bots to turn organic waste into natural fertiliser the same way earth worms are used to break down???

Because application of nanotechnology in terms of sanitation and waste disposal if India can afford it, can be beneficial.

:)

Like this?

Yes, kind of. But one thing to remember, magnetic field destroys superconductivity. Superconductor actually resists magnetic lines passing through it, hence you see quantum locking. If the magnetic field is strong enough, it's destroys superconductivity, and the abrupt increase of temperature will cause the superconductor to melt abruptly.

image024.jpg

Only the area under the curve is superconducting zone of a material.

I have been thinking nanotechnology and developing countries. Do you think it is possible to use nano bots to turn organic waste into natural fertiliser the same way earth worms are used to break down???

Because application of nanotechnology in terms of sanitation and waste disposal if India can afford it, can be beneficial.

I never really give it a thought, but if i think deeply into it, i think nature can do the job much more efficiently than nanobots can do. So the answer lies in synthetic bacteria and microorganisms genetically altered to break down chemical bonds of non degradable compounds, e.g. plastic.

My ex girlfriend, who dumped me after college :D was working on a microorganism assisted fuel cell, where the micro-organism would breakdown the waste to release hydrogen/methane, to be used for fuel cells.

Last edited:
You don't need nanotechnology. You need Genetic engineering. There are bacterias that can desalinate the water. All we need will be genetically modified bacterias or artificially created ones to do the same.

Such organisms can break down any substances to other forms. Many such organisms can be found in volcanic region, highly saline lake region, deep oceans etc.

Nature's desalination: bacteria turn salty water fresh | Homeland Security News Wire

You don't need nanotechnology. You need Genetic engineering. There are bacterias that can desalinate the water. All we need will be genetically modified bacterias or artificially created ones to do the same.

Such organisms can break down any substances to other forms. Many such organisms can be found in volcanic region, highly saline lake region, deep oceans etc.

Nature's desalination: bacteria turn salty water fresh | Homeland Security News Wire

My point exactly, Biotechnology and Microbiology is the next big thing, only after nanotechnology. :D

My point exactly, Biotechnology and Microbiology is the next big thing, only after nanotechnology. :D
My Prof. published a paper on desalination and methane reduction by bacterias. He proposed mathematical models.

My Prof. published a paper on desalination and methane reduction by bacterias. He proposed mathematical models.

Why'd he propose methane reduction? It can be a very efficient method of energy generation.

Why'd he propose methane reduction? It can be a very efficient method of energy generation.
There are bacterias that consume methane and release CO2. Since Methane attributes more to global warming than CO2, it is a good solution.

My Physics prof.once told me that there is some experiment going on in which they are covering rocky island with some type of material which absorbs, i think methane or CO2. He did his PhD from Purdue.

Don't remember the next one exactly as he told me few years ago.

This also a good study.
Methane-eating microbes make their own oxygen : Nature News

but didnt entine said that we can nvr reach the speed of light ??

Einstein not entine :P Any way yes we can never reach speed of light unless you cease to exist/become imaginary. If you cross the speed of light you cease to exist for this world. Clearly from the equation:
m* = m/sqrt ( 1- vsquared/c squared) so if v> c your effective mass becomes imaginary. In a way you aren't really travelling faster than speed of light it is the space fabric around you that gets manipulated and makes you feel you are travelling faster than c. I do not think we have the technology to do that any where in future but may be in 200-300 years we could and Indians be eating curry on an exo planet some where in Andromeda galaxy :D

.[/quote]
All the channels you see here on Earth, with some localized programs like "Mars mein bhi kabhi saas-bahu thi" !!! :-)
Trust me i hate those saas bahu serials....infact i dont even watch tv much.I find internet more interesting :)

DRAY said:
Sigh! There is no hope for men on Mars too! :cray:
Men will remain men anywhere in this universe....so dharnas will follow them wherever they go.

DRAY said:
Well I said Mars could be our history but not our future in terms of a large life-supporting human civilization. Actually our solar system in its initial days was a large gaseous cloud circling around the Sun, while cooling down slowly, it started solidifying and formed thousands of small planets, which further started clubbing together as the bigger ones started attracting the smaller ones, some bigger planets became so big that some smaller planets started circling around the bigger planets instead of the Sun because of the large planets gravitational forces coupled with close proximity (Moon was probably created in a different manner though). So this is how our solar system came to its present form.

Now all were hot gaseous planets in the beginning, but they were cooling down and some planets started forming a solid crust on the top known as soil. but the core was/is still hot liquid. Now the interesting part; you know what makes the Earth habitable? It's the core, the core is primarily iron and other hot liquid metal always spinning and generating a force known as gravitation, this gravitational force is holding the layer of gases around the Earth broadly known as Atmosphere, this layer of gases are responsible for protecting our Earth from the extremely deadly solar radiation of the Sun, without this shield Sun would wipe out our climates, water, and all life forms, think of it like a gigantic microwave oven.

Now Mars once had water on surface, rivers and all just like Earth, definitely it also had an atmosphere, hence, life was not impossible on Mars. Since Mars was further from Sun than Earth, it cooled down and became life-supporting much earlier than Earth, so, if Mars ever had life, it had to predate Earth's. Now there is a possibility, a theory, that life on Mars evolved and became intelligent, when the understood that Mars is dying, probably they seeded the Earth with life. Or maybe, by that time life came to Earth also, but Martians seeded it with a more advanced form of life, i.e. human, to survive their species! Maybe our origin is Mars, maybe our gods were Martians!! Sometimes don't you feel we humans are kind of odd, misfit, out of the world, compared to all other life forms on this planet? :-)

Now, how Mars died? Well, it was a much smaller planet than Earth, hence, it cooled down faster, the liquid core became cold & solid, gravitational force was gone, so was the atmosphere, and Mars got cooked in the solar microwave! Our Earth will die the same way, unless it is hit by a large asteroid earlier than that, or we nuke it. :D

And no, we are not going close to Sun, Venus has no hope to sustain life as it is too close to sun, Mars cannot sustain life on its own anymore, and 2050 is a ridiculously close timeline, one should think in millions or billions of years in these matters. In fact, when the Sun will be dying, it will start expanding and eating up all the planets in its solar system, finally it will blast away. Stars that are much bigger than Sun start crumbling under their own weight and become Blackholes with gravitational force that even light can't escape.

btw, do you wear gold or platinum jewelry? look at them closely, those heavy metals didn't form on Earth, they formed in the core of a dying star, a star like our Sun, and then they came to Earth through space debris like asteroids!! Amazing?? :-)

I knew about our planets formation & mars history.And yes even scientists have found that human beings took a giant leap somewhere in their evolution and they dont know why and how?
I too do support the theory that at some point human beings had contacts with more intelligent beings.
2050 i knew was not a possibilty....but was still shocked.
And jewellery....yes.:-)

If they can put up some mirrors on the Moon, they can divert light from the Sun going to the Moon towards Earth instead. That would more energy Earth would need.

If they can put up some mirrors on the Moon, they can divert light from the Sun going to the Moon towards Earth instead. That would more energy Earth would need.
Already explained in James Bond movie, Die Another Day. :D

Back
Top Bottom