What's new

There’s An Adoption Drive For Retired Military Dogs In Delhi Tomorrow

Margarita

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Dogs are the best thing that ever happened to man. They are loving, caring and can take on various roles of a companion, friend, guide and protector. They don't just guard our homes, some selflessly guard our country.

945457118.jpg

Source: indiatoday
Brought up with discipline and strict training, these canine officers serve our nation. But the sad reality is that once they grow old and slower, most military dogs (often Labradors and German shepherds) are euthanised. This is their reward for years of war and service for the country.

This 5th and 6th November, is your chance to do something for these lovable critters in return. An adoption drive being held at Select Citywalk mall in Saket from 4 pm to 8 pm, aims to find loving homes for four retired paramilitary bravehearts. Apart from these, there are some strays and pedigree breeds you can also bring home.

315630990.jpg

Source: huffingtonpost
Organised by Pet Fed, the event has military dogs which are extremely well behaved and have received commando training, can sniff out bombs and round up criminals, so your fierce watchdog will ensure you sleep soundly at night. Register here to adopt one of these furballs.

469994340.jpg

Source: facebook/anubhav saxena
For this adoption drive, let's step up and give dogs the love they deserve.

Registration: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...-Y6UuDTQNVU2EFZBbZjdsZeAaLCA/viewform?c=0&w=1

Don't know about dogs in India, but in the US many retired military and police dogs are usually given to their handlers given the special bond that is forged. In addition, dogs receive retirement benefits like a small stipend. Small amount to pay for all service they rendered.

If i didnt already own a dog , i would have been proud to give one of these brave hearts a home.

But Since I already have one dog that scares the crap out of people who enter my house, so i dont really need another one

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom