What's new

The West is copying from China, China's impact on European countries

I'm not the one arguing about ancient civilization..take that up with @Apollon

I'm the one arguing that millions of Eastern Europeans have grown up in low standards of living compared to the Western ones and it is a disgrace. This OP video is a direct consequence of it.

Here's a modern Russian supermarket..remember how it was in the 1980's?
Did it look anything like this? Do you think the Eastern Europeans fared any better?
This now looks very nice and is just how it was in the 1980's in the US..I should know because I worked in one back then. Yes, we even had UPC scanners back then too.

Meanwhile a Supermarket in the 1980's in Russia. WTF?
What a disingenuous post, 1989 was a year when collapse of Soviet Union collapse commenced, there were widespread food shortages and a massive economic downturn. This would be akin to comparing dustbowl images from the 1930's to prosperous well to do town of Russia.

With all due respect but the roman empire was far more advanced as China. China also never achieved the standards of Byzantine or Renaissance Italy

Roman Empire achievements are grossly exaggerated by Westerners. Most of the achievements credited to the Romans are actually from the empires of the East. It’s typical behaviour of barbarians.

When China was rich and powerful, the Western barbarians were scratching each others backs inside caves.

What a disingenuous post, 1989 was a year when collapse of Soviet Union collapse commenced, there were widespread food shortages and a massive economic downturn. This would be akin to comparing dustbowl images from the 1930's to prosperous well to do town of Russia.

Oh give me a break you complete know-nothing. This video was before the Soviet collapse. My sister visited Moscow in 1987ish and saw firsthand life in Russia and it wasn't anywhere like the video I showed of today's Russia...which it is what her experience should have been...and it should have been like that in Slovakia too. This is my point.

Last edited:
?? Greeks aren't Catholics. Maybe like 50,000 at most. There's probably more Muslims in Greece than Catholics.

I was painting a broad canvass - Protestant Europeans viewed catholics with contempt - and generally Protestant ones were Northern ones. in addition there is another layer of contempt towards southern europeans in general with various stereotypes.
Oh give me a break. This video was before the Soviet collapse. My sister visited Moscow in 1987ish and saw firsthand life in Russia and it wasn't anywhere like the video I showed of today's Russia...which it is what her experience should have been...and it should have been like that in Slovakia too. This is my point.

how did the liberation turn out for Russians under yeltsin era. Why did they go back to Putin and sentimental affection for soviet. I suppose it is there inherent uncivlizedness.

Roman Empire achievements are grossly exaggerated by Westerners. Most of the achievements credited to the Romans are actually from the empires of the East. It’s typical behaviour of barbarians.

When China was rich and powerful, the Western barbarians were scratching each others backs inside caves.
For the most part of the human history China was the number one in economy, China defeated the Huns and pushed to flee westerwords, domino effects from the east eventually brought the downfall of the Roman empire.

Huns were first defeated by Han dynasty and drove out of Asia into Europe. While in Europe, Huns launched attacks on the German tribes living north of the empire, forcing them to invade the Roman empire. Afterward, the Huns attacked the Romans themselves. The weakened Roman army could not cope with this threat; by 476, the Western Roman Empire had collapsed.

China was never rich and poweful. It had a rich small imperial family and millions of slaves. It also was stagnant without any development.

So basicly like today.
I was painting a broad canvass - Protestant Europeans viewed catholics with contempt - and generally Protestant ones were Northern ones. in addition there is another layer of contempt towards southern europeans in general with various stereotypes.

how did the liberation turn out for Russians under yeltsin era. Why did they go back to Putin and sentimental affection for soviet. I suppose it is there inherent uncivlizedness.

And we look down on northern europeans as rather unhygienic primitive and without class or culture. Thats how things are.
For the most part of the human history China was the number one in economy, China defeated the Huns and pushed to flee westerwords, domino effects from the east eventually brought the downfall of the Roman empire.

And eastern Rome hold and destroyed thh huns, pushing them south where they then destroyed the islamic caliphate.

Nice and 1000 years younger than ours

Im from Greece, not USA

And we have buildings older than 4000 bc. Try again soviet

Now you claim Greece was muslim? You claim the roman empire was muslim? 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

wrong!,,,, Knossos palace complex is only 4 thousand years old. Do your research properly. There is a reason why Greece is not a cradle of civilization. That because Ancient Greece, even Minoan is not that old compare to Middle East, India or China.
China was never rich and poweful. It had a rich small imperial family and millions of slaves. It also was stagnant without any development.

So basicly like today.

And we look down on northern europeans as rather unhygienic primitive and without class or culture. Thats how things are.

And eastern Rome hold and destroyed thh huns, pushing them south where they then destroyed the islamic caliphate.

by the way, Istanbul is now a Turkish city. And Hagia Sophia is now a Mosque, again. And Greece is a basket case living off the hard working Germans. It’s time to expel Greece from EU. Maybe Greeks can join Turkey like the time of Ottoman Empire. How long was Greece under Turkish rule?

Last edited:
wrong!,,,, Knossos palace complex is only 4 thousand years old. Do your research properly. There is a reason why Greece is not a cradle of civilization. That because Ancient Greece, even Minoan is not that old compare to Middle East, India or China.

by the way, Istanbul is now a Turkish city. And Hagia Sophia is now a Mosque, again.

You have no knowledge i guess.

The oldest minoan temples can be traced back 3600 before christ. Thats 1000 years before Egypt gave rise to the Old Kingdom.

And btw Istanbul is now a shithole.

Maybe Yeltzin was incompetent. All I know is somebody finally woke up in Russia and decided (like China) to update their people's standard of living to be more like a Western one with modern conveniences instead of stagnating forever in some backwards state sponsored peasant society.

You have no knowledge i guess.

The oldest minoan temples can be traced back 3600 before christ. Thats 1000 years before Egypt gave rise to the Old Kingdom.
Stop pull out bs out of that crack. I have enough knowledge to call your BS. ASI said, that Minoan palace was built around 2000BC. And Greeks might not even survive another 100 years as a people before it’s assimilate by Turks or Slavs. It will be a forgotten people.

Stop pull out bs out of that crack. I have enough knowledge to call your BS. ASI said, that Minoan palace was built around 2000BC. And Greeks might not even survive another 100 years as a people before it’s assimilate by Turks or Slavs. It will be a forgotten people.

We have no turks in Greece, their numbers are below 0.1%.

As for our roots, the oldest knowm Greek civilisation is the Eutresis culture dating back 3200 bc

The Korakou culture is same age

As is the cycladic culture

This for example is from 2800 bc and shows a ship. 300 years before Egypt started to construct buildings

Cycladic_%22frying_pan%22_with_ship.JPG

See now you learned something

We have no turks in Greece, their numbers are below 0.1%.

As for our roots, the oldest knowm Greek civilisation is the Eutresis culture dating back 3200 bc

The Korakou culture is same age

As is the cycladic culture

This for example is from 2800 bc and shows a ship. 300 years before Egypt started to construct buildings

Cycladic_%22frying_pan%22_with_ship.JPG

See now you learned something

yyou need to learn, grass hopper. This Chinese culture is from 17800 BC. And I didn’t add an extra 0. The oldest pottery in human history was found there.

this is at least 14000 years before any of the sites you posted above.

Here is a newer culture at 8000BC.

as I said, there is a reason Greece was not a cradle of civilization. Because Ancient Greece was relatively not that old.

Last edited:
yyou need to learn, grass hopper. This Chinese culture is from 17800 BC. And I didn’t add an extra 0. The oldest pottery in human history was found there.

this is at least 14000 years before any of the sites you posted above.

Oh its about old art yet? I thought civilisation. We have artworks dating back 40.000 years.

The oldest known example of a built structure, a stone wall that blocked two-thirds of the entrance to the Theopetra cave, was constructed 23,000 years ago.

So we constructed walls 6000 years before they were able to make pottery in China. Who would have thought that.

Oh its about old art yet? I thought civilisation. We have artworks dating back 40.000 years.

The oldest known example of a built structure, a stone wall that blocked two-thirds of the entrance to the Theopetra cave, was constructed 23,000 years ago.

So we constructed walls 6000 years before they were able to make pottery in China. Who would have thought that.

If all you want to show is cave man artwork, than equivalent site of. The Greek cave man existed in China below at 1.2 million years ago.

what I had posted earlier was culture, not cave man sites.

also, the earliest Greek writer is around 750 BC. Nothing exists earlier as primary source. Secondary, but not primary.

So basicly like today.

China has surpassed Europe in economic power including manufacturing, industry, consumption, trade, investment, financial loans.

China is ahead in nearly all civilian technologies bar a couple, nearly all military technologies, space technology. Even in finance China is ahead considering Shanghai and Shenzen stock markets are both bigger than any European stock market. China’s bond market is bigger than any Europen bond market. China’s banking assets are significantly larger than all of Europe combined. Compare the modern infrastructure of China to the decaying cities of Europe.

China has far more supercomputers in global 500 list than Europe. China has more companies in global 500 list than Europe. China has more unicorn companies than Europe. China is now the number 1 country in patents. Even in semiconductor technology China is self-sufficient in 28nm for the full supply chain. Europe isn’t even close to self-sufficiency at any node. Europe is falling behind in next generation technologies.

Only thing Europe is ahead of China is in currency importance in international payments and foreign exchange reserves.

Europe has overpriced Chanel, Dior, Gucci, Versace, D&G, Armani perfumes. I’ll give you that. I mean Europeans aren’t completely useless.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom