What's new

The US Plans To Give Drones To Afghanistan

I can only see one thing happening with these drones Taliban carrying them on their arms and calling out for its sales and or in Urdu Drone lay lo Drone lay Lo ( Buy Drone Buy Drone ):hitwall:

Flying a drone requires technical knowledge, something the taliban lacks!
Afghan army has helicopters and fighter jets! When was the last time a taliban member got their hand on one of these? NEVER

Drones will not be any different! Although flying a drone might not be as complicated as a fighter jet, it still requires a great amount of technical knowledge!

Let me summarize the military achievements of Karzai's recent visit to USA:

1. Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF) will remain 352,000 excluding AAF and NDS for another decade!

2. $4.1 bln/year military aid to Afghanistan will be spent via Afghan government (the BIGGEST achievement).

3. Afghan Air Force will get 4 C-130 Hercules till the end of 2013.

4. Afghan Air Force will get another new batch of 30 Mi-17s.

5. Afghan Air Force will get a handful of drones.

6. Afghan Air Force will be equipped with Radars.

7. Afghan Air Force will get 20 close air support fighter aircraft.

8. Afghan National Army will get advance equipments for IEDs.

8. Afghan National Army will get a batch of advance US made howitzers.

9. Afghan Border Police will get border surveillance equipments.

Great news...NOW Afgans can bomb those gay a$$ talibunnies to kingdomcom... :bounce: :victory: :yahoo:

They're just surveillance drones.

There are no missiles on that thing. Most probably some recon into Talib territory and then back to their base.
Afghanistan won't be too eager to send them into Pak airspace though.

The US Plans To Give Drones To Afghanistan Amid Heated Policy Debate

Barack Obama and Hamid Karzai's recent meeting didn't reveal much of anything, but afterward Karzai followed it up by telling reporters the U.S. plans to hand Afghanistan its own fleet of drones.

Karzai said the drones will be unarmed and for surveillance purposes, though he did not specify what breed of drone they would inherit, according to Azam Ahmed of The New York Times. The Karzai government will also get 20 helicopters, 4 C-130 transport planes and the training to use the systems.

The shift of equipment follows an open letter to the president from Congressman Keith Ellison, calling on Congress to force
Obama to pull the curtain back from his drone strike policy.

From the letter:

Congress must require an independent judicial review of any executive-branch “kill list.” The U.S. legal system is based on the principle that one branch of government should not have absolute authority. Congress should object to that concentration of power, especially when it may be used against U.S. citizens.

Popular privacy blogger and director of the ACLU Massachusetts Technology for Prosperity project Kade Crockford points out in a post that not even Senator Ron Wyden knows anything about the drone policy.

The kicker is that Wyden, who wrote soon-to-be CIA Director John Brennan a letter on the subject, is a high ranking member of the Senate Intelligence Committee — a committee founded on the oversight of the same CIA's daily operations they've been classified out of.

Ellison wrote to conclude his letter to Obama, "The United States will not always enjoy a monopoly on sophisticated drone technology."

Americans may be sending the cutting edge tech for surveillance purposes, but even surveillance in America is a hotly contested debate. A bill banning the use of surveillance drones in domestic police operations just flew through the Florida state senate — and one might expect other states to lament as "30,000 drones" seek the skies above America.

The Karzai government isn't just inheriting drones, it's inheriting a murky, still-developing policy regarding their use.

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-drones-to-afghanistan-2013-1

=Sher Malang;3815305]Let me summarize the military achievements of Karzai's recent visit to USA:

He asked for Green card and he didn't get it :rofl:

1. Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF) will remain 352,000 excluding AAF and NDS for another decade!

Sure and who will be paying them you or uncle Bankrupt Sam

2. $4.1 bln/year military aid to Afghanistan will be spent via Afghan government (the BIGGEST achievement).

cha ching cha ching in Swiss bank we go

For easy shipments of poppy to USA :angel:

They will look Good with PAf colors and i guess we can thank you for it in advance :whistle:

To keep an eye on Poppy Farms :lol:

How is that going to help when pilots will be high

And what are our pilots suppose to do after 10 minutes

Same One that has Not helped the Americans

I wonder if steel traders will travel to Afghanistan or these will be shipped to them we will find out.

You kind of have to be alive to use surveillance equipments.

For who?

And plus it is American that can attack on Pakistani soil but I doubt that Pakistanis will really appreciate it when Afghans strike insider their country.

lol naah they will let it go
I would suggest India tries it before Afghanistan

He asked for Green card and he didn't get it :rofl:

Sure and who will be paying them you or uncle Bankrupt Sam

cha ching cha ching in Swiss bank we go

For easy shipments of poppy to USA :angel:

They will look Good with PAf colors and i guess we can thank you for it in advance :whistle:

To keep an eye on Poppy Farms :lol:

How is that going to help when pilots will be high

And what are our pilots suppose to do after 10 minutes

Same One that has Not helped the Americans

I wonder if steel traders will travel to Afghanistan or these will be shipped to them we will find out.

You kind of have to be alive to use surveillance equipments.

You are reported, junky PDF veteran!

Let me summarize the military achievements of Karzai's recent visit to USA:

Thats a good deal even best deal.
Hope the ANA gets enough firepower and kicks taliban out of Afghanistan to your neighboring country who loves Afghan talibunnies too much.

Back
Top Bottom