What's new

The Unexpected Origins Of The Name Pakistan

Mughals sure as hell did not call it "Mughal India" either.
Did the Mughal Empire called this region "Pakistan" ?

More shameless hijacking by Gangas.
Not as shameless as Orangi Nala :)

Will you be claiming Britain next since they controlled all of South
India is a succesor of British India. Who else would be the successor? You?

For the record, most things Mughals originated from Central Asia or Persia.
Where was the capital of the Mughal Empire? Was it in Central Asia or Persia?

Thanks again. The whole point of Dalits converting to Islam was to throw the caste system away ?

Yes, and for a lot of them they escaped it for the most part. The few that remain being viewed as lowly are still in a better position than they were prior to their conversion to Islam. Now, the discrimination is primarily just marriage based, but we can see just how much deeper it went and still goes among Hindus.

Pakistan, Hindustan and Bangladesh are all the successors of British India.

Did the Mughal Empire called this region "Pakistan" ?

Not as shameless as Orangi Nala :)

Where was the capital of the Mughal Empire? Was it in Central Asia or Persia?

Seems you are clueless and/or careless about history other than stamping everything with your pathetic signature.
It's all just a big naming exercise because you are deeply insecure about your identity.

Call yourselves the "successor" of a colonial empire. I really dgaf. But Mughal successors...lol.

Yes, and for a lot of them they escaped it for the most part. The few that remain being viewed as lowly are still in a better position than they were prior to their conversion to Islam. Now, the discrimination is primarily just marriage based, but we can see just how much deeper it went and still goes among Hindus.

Pakistan, Hindustan and Bangladesh are all the successors of British India.
Don't forget Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal and maybe even Burma...

Why don't we refer to KPK as Afghania?...sure the Afghans won't like but so what, they don't accept the existence of Pakistan anyways...

Don't forget Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal and maybe even Burma...

Why don't we refer to KPK as Afghania?...sure the Afghans won't like but so what, they don't accept the existence of Pakistan anyways...

Asalamu Alaikum

Sri Lanka was ruled separately, they called it Ceylon.

Most people in KPK wanted the province to be called such AFAIK.

Seems you are clueless and/or careless about history other than stamping everything with your pathetic signature.
Your history text books call Bin Qasim first Pakistani! I'm sorry but your history is a joke.

It's all just a big naming exercise because you are deeply insecure about your identity.
I consider myself local, and not an Arab. I'm not suffering from Identity Crisis really.

Call yourselves the "successor" of a colonial empire. I really dgaf. But Mughal successors...lol
Please tell me who should be the successor of the Mughal Empire which had a capital in Agra , India ?

Your history text books call Bin Qasim first Pakistani! I'm sorry but your history is a joke.

I consider myself local, and not an Arab. I'm not suffering from Identity Crisis really.
Once again, an Indian poster is the first one to harp on about Arab ancestry, without anyone prompting you. This is called derailing a discussion because you have nothing logical to add.
And clearly you don't consider yourselves "local" given how many of you claim to be associated with Indus region rather than Ganges or South India.

Please tell me who should be the successor of the Mughal Empire which had a capital in Agra , India ?

Mughals had multiple capitals, including Lahore, but unfortunately for the simple minded among us, it cannot be dumbed down to that level. Is it too much to ask that you actually know a thing or two about the Mughals before you start wewuzzing them?

Mughals were Turkic people, who themselves claimed to be descendants of Mongols.
Culturally they were Persian and Central Asian with strong Muslim roots
Linguistically, they spoke Persian, Dari and later Urdu.
Geographically they were widely spread out, from Persia, Central Asia all the way to Bengal, but not South India.

Once again, an Indian poster is the first one to harp on about Arab ancestry, without anyone prompting you. This is called derailing a discussion because you have nothing logical to add.
As far as I remember, you were the one talking about 'insecurity of identity,' so why blaming me of ''derailing the thread" now?

And clearly you don't consider yourselves "local" given how many of you claim to be associated with Indus region rather than Ganges or South India.
Indus , Ganges and South India is all but local. And since you are talking about what is local, I can assure you that I don't consider Arabia as local or regional.

Mughals had multiple capitals, including Lahore, but unfortunately for the simple minded among us, it cannot be dumbed down to that level. Is it too much to ask that you actually know a thing or two about the Mughals before you start wewuzzing them?

Mughals were Turkic people, who themselves claimed to be descendants of Mongols.
Culturally they were Persian and Central Asian with strong Muslim roots
Linguistically, they spoke Persian, Dari and later Urdu.
Geographically they were widely spread out, from Persia, Central Asia all the way to Bengal, but not South India.
Right from 1526 to 1857, which is about 350 years, Mughal Empire had Lahore as a capital for 12 years. That's right, 12 years only. Apart from that, the capital of Mughal India was always in and around Delhi or Agra.

And Lahore was part of Hindustan anyway so I don't know how that changes anything.

All I'm saying is that Mughals or Mongols called this place Hindustan which is just another name of India. British called this place India. Nobody called it Pakistan because Pakistan simply didn't exist then. The video in the OP itself is about that. So I don't even know what are you arguing about.

As far as I remember, you were the one talking about 'insecurity of identity,' so why blaming me of ''derailing the thread" now?

Indus , Ganges and South India is all but local. And since you are talking about what is local, I can assure you that I don't consider Arabia as local or regional.

Right from 1526 to 1857, which is about 350 years, Mughal Empire had Lahore as a capital for 12 years. That's right, 12 years only. Apart from that, the capital of Mughal India was always in and around Delhi or Agra.

And Lahore was part of Hindustan anyway so I don't know how that changes anything.

All I'm saying is that Mughals or Mongols called this place Hindustan which is just another name of India. British called this place India. Nobody called it Pakistan because Pakistan simply didn't exist then. The video in the OP itself is about that. So I don't even know what are you arguing about.
The origin of the word Hindustan or Hind or India is from a river in Pakistan. The Dutch called a bunch of islands in south East Asia as Indonesia meaning Indian islands...this does not mean that Indonesia can start claiming the indus river and the associated civilizations because the Dutch called them Indonesia. Similarly if the Mughals took a name which original referred to the Indus and then applied it to wherever they expanded their empire does not mean that Bharat is the heart land of Hind. Same for the British calling their empire British India.

The fact remains that the origin of Hind/ India is in Pakistan and not in Bharat. Of course there has been cross cultural exchange taking place due to the proximity as is the case with nearly all civilizations.

Asalamu Alaikum

No, they never were our equals and thank God for that, those idiots were too hyper-nationalistic about being Bengali, they wanted to implement Bengali as the national language, they wanted East Pakistan to have more seats than West Pakistan, they didn't even want to use the same currency as us! They showed massive hostility towards West Pakistanis and anyone affiliated to them as clearly shown in 1971 when they killed thousands of us, PRIOR to the Pakistani military retaliating with 1000 times as much force.

Pakistan itself stands for the Punjab, Afghania, Kashmir, and Baluchistan. I see no mention of East Pakistan in that acronym. Allama Iqbal himself did not envision Bangladesh as part of Pakistan either. Almost all of Pakistan's major cities were also in the West, all the East had was Dhaka which was nowhere near as good as Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi, etc. We also made our language the national language, whilst Bengali, despite being the most commonly spoken language, held a pretty insignificant position. They were just a source of revenue for us.

Some Bengalis might have done good things for Pakistan, just like some people in British India might have done good things for Britain. It doesn't change a thing. In fact, many of those people migrated to Pakistan post-1971.

The PM's were just poster-boys, we all know who held the real power.

We celebrate Pakistan day on 23rd March each year with fervour. For the record, it was moved by a Bengali, Mr AK Fazal Haq.

http://historypak.com/lahore-resolution-1940/

Problem is that younger generation Pakistanis have not known the country as it came into being on August 14, 1947.

Pakistan, as shown in this stamp, was the Quaid’s Pakistan and the Pakistan that I loved until I was 28 years of age. It was a great tragedy that due to our wrong attitude and Indian intrigue that cut my beloved country in half.

upload_2018-7-30_15-42-44.png

If we believe that “Two Nation Theory” was correct, Hindus & Muslims were two nations living in India then all members of the nations are equal and none is better or worse than another. Therefore to consider that West Pakistanis are/were better than East Pakistanis implies that the Two Nation Theory was false.

Just as each of the 5 fingers is of different size, different individuals have different abilities. But to generalize and declare that an illiterate ‘Hari ‘ of Sind or a peasant farmer of Punjab is better than a Bengali Barrister is nothing short of delusion.

I sincerely hope that the future generation of Pakistanis become sufficiently enlightened that they do not think that Pathans are better than Punjabis or Baluchis are better than Sindhis or vice versa.

If we believe that “Two Nation Theory” was correct
You know and I know with respect that the "2NT" was just a political slogan and had no factual or logical basis to it whatsoever. For the simple fact that if Hindu is 'nation' then Nepal would also be part of India and if 'Muslim' is a nation then Afghanistan, Iran, Tajikistan, Turkey and 30 more Muslim countries would also be one nation - the existence of all those borders on our west all the way to Morroco make nonsense of 2NT.

A political idea must have consistency or logic to it unless it just a vacant political slogan. The reality is a nation requires many other factors to bind it as a stable political entity. Geography, culture, etc being some of them.

If you consider a region of 1.8 billion people, hundreds of languages, ethnicities and several language families as "local" to yourself, then that's most certainly your own problem. There is no rational basis for this. Pakistanis certainly do not need to play along with your fantasies.

All I'm saying is that Mughals or Mongols called this place Hindustan which is just another name of India. British called this place India. Nobody called it Pakistan because Pakistan simply didn't exist then.

Completely missing the point like usual. The name is an actual misnomer so making claims based on a known misnomer is plain idiotic. If you want to be consistent, then please include south east Asia, Philippines, parts of China too. All those regions were at one point or another known as India too. There are actual maps to prove this.
Is modern India the successor of every region that has been known as "India"?

We celebrate Pakistan day on 23rd March each year with fervour. For the record, it was moved by a Bengali, Mr AK Fazal Haq.

http://historypak.com/lahore-resolution-1940/

Problem is that younger generation Pakistanis have not known the country as it came into being on August 14, 1947.

Pakistan, as shown in this stamp, was the Quaid’s Pakistan and the Pakistan that I loved until I was 28 years of age. It was a great tragedy that due to our wrong attitude and Indian intrigue that cut my beloved country in half.

View attachment 489484

If we believe that “Two Nation Theory” was correct, Hindus & Muslims were two nations living in India then all members of the nations are equal and none is better or worse than another. Therefore to consider that West Pakistanis are/were better than East Pakistanis implies that the Two Nation Theory was false.

Just as each of the 5 fingers is of different size, different individuals have different abilities. But to generalize and declare that an illiterate ‘Hari ‘ of Sind or a peasant farmer of Punjab is better than a Bengali Barrister is nothing short of delusion.

I sincerely hope that the future generation of Pakistanis become sufficiently enlightened that they do not think that Pathans are better than Punjabis or Baluchis are better than Sindhis or vice versa.

Like I said, some people from the East were good, and post-1971 they came to the mainland once the colony was lost.

Right, but most people from the East were not Muslims in the true sense of things. They viewed themselves as Bengali first, which is completely haram and regarded as an act of Kufr by most Islamic scholars. So the two nation theory is still correct.

We were better than them because we (well, most of us anyway) viewed ourselves as Muslim and/or Pakistani first, where as most people in the East viewed themselves as Bengali first.

As of now, I'd like to think we're more even but I'm still very sceptical since most Bengalis still think they were in the right in 1971.

Because Pakistan is a nation made for Muslims, and Muhammad Bin Qasim was the first Muslim ruler to set foot in modern day Pakistan. What part of that is difficult for you idiots to comprehend?

No, you guys seem to think you are from the Indus, so much so that you named your country after it. It's laughable, most of you are not from the Indus.

We don't considers ourselves to be Arab, you guys keep spouting this crap just because we follow Islam. Your backwards ideals make it impossible for you to accept someone could follow an ideology from someone outside of South Asia.

Lahore was also the capital of the Mughal Empire at one point, and Lahore has more Mughal monuments than any city in Hindustan. The Mughals were also (mostly) pretty staunch Muslims, spoke Urdu, their cuisine (Mughlai cuisine) included beef, they had significant amounts of Eurasian DNA, and most of the Mughal emperors came from the Indus (e.g Akbar, Shah Jahan and Aurangzeb). A lot of them also despised Hindus, so no clue as to why you would like them.

Pakistan is the successor to the Mughal Empire. We are Muslim, we speak Urdu, we eat Mughlai cuisine (including the parts that contain beef), we have significant amounts of Eurasian DNA, Lahore is part of our country, most of the Indus is part of our country, and most Pakistanis have ancestors that fought in the military or worked in the administration of the Mughal Empire.

You know and I know with respect that the "2NT" was just a political slogan and had no factual or logical basis to it whatsoever. For the simple fact that if Hindu is 'nation' then Nepal would also be part of India and if 'Muslim' is a nation then Afghanistan, Iran, Tajikistan, Turkey and 30 more Muslim countries would also be one nation - the existence of all those borders on our west all the way to Morroco make nonsense of 2NT.

A political idea must have consistency or logic to it unless it just a vacant political slogan. The reality is a nation requires many other factors to bind it as a stable political entity. Geography, culture, etc being some of them.

Allama Iqbal’s Two Nation Theory was not a mere “Political slogan” without any factual or logical basis.
On the contrary, it was based on sound logic and genuine fear felt by the Muslim Community of the subcontinent at that time. Let us not forget that it was only about 100 years before that time that Muslims had been the dominant force in Northern India.

One has to read the full text of Allama’s speech to understand the rationale behind his theory. I repeat the relevant text.

[2]] The Unity of an Indian Nation

[[2a]] What, then, is the problem and its implications? Is religion a private affair? Would you like to see Islam as a moral and political ideal, meeting the same fate in the world of Islam as Christianity has already met in Europe? Is it possible to retain Islam as an ethical ideal and to reject it as a polity, in favor of national polities in which [the] religious attitude is not permitted to play any part? This question becomes of special importance in India, where the Muslims happen to be a minority. The proposition that religion is a private individual experience is not surprising on the lips of a European. In Europe, the conception of Christianity as a monastic order, renouncing the world of matter and fixing its gaze entirely on the world of spirit, led, by a logical process of thought, to the view embodied in this proposition. The nature of the Prophet's religious experience, as disclosed in the Quran, however, is wholly different. It is not mere experience in the sense of a purely biological event, happening inside the experiment and necessitating no reactions on its social environment. It is individual experience creative of a social order. Its immediate outcome is the fundamentals of a polity with implicit legal concepts whose civic significance cannot be belittled merely because their origin is revelational.

[[2b]] The religious ideal of Islam, therefore, is organically related to the social order which it has created. The rejection of the one will eventually involve the rejection of the other. Therefore the construction of a polity on national lines, if it means a displacement of the Islamic principle of solidarity, is simply unthinkable to a Muslim. This is a matter which at the present moment directly concerns the Muslims of India. "Man," says Renan, "is enslaved neither by his race, nor by his religion, nor by the course of rivers, nor by the direction of mountain ranges. A great aggregation of men, sane of mind and warm of heart, creates a moral consciousness which is called a nation." Such a formation is quite possible, though it involves the long and arduous process of practically remaking men and furnishing them with a fresh emotional equipment. It might have been a fact in India if the teaching of Kabir and the Divine Faith of Akbar had seized the imagination of the masses of this country. Experience, however, shows that the various caste units and religious units in India have shown no inclination to sink their respective individualities in a larger whole. Each group is intensely jealous of its collective existence. The formation of the kind of moral consciousness which constitutes the essence of a nation in Renan’s sense demands a price which the peoples of India are not prepared to pay.

[[2c]] The unity of an Indian nation, therefore, must be sought not in the negation, but in the mutual harmony and cooperation, of the many. True statesmanship cannot ignore facts, however unpleasant they may be. The only practical course is not to assume the existence of a state of things which does not exist, but to recognise facts as they are, and to exploit them to our greatest advantage. And it is on the discovery of Indian unity in this direction that the fate of India as well as of Asia really depends. India is Asia in miniature. Part of her people have cultural affinities with nations of the east, and part with nations in the middle and west of Asia. If an effective principle of cooperation is discovered in India, it will bring peace and mutual goodwill to this ancient land which has suffered so long, more because of her situation in historic space than because of any inherent incapacity of her people. And it will at the same time solve the entire political problem of Asia.

[[2d]] It is, however, painful to observe that our attempts to discover such a principle of internal harmony have so far failed. Why have they failed? Perhaps we suspect each other’s intentions and inwardly aim at dominating each other. Perhaps, in the higher interests of mutual cooperation, we cannot afford to part with the monopolies which circumstances have placed in our hands, and [thus we] conceal our egoism under the cloak of nationalism, outwardly simulating a large-hearted patriotism, but inwardly as narrow-minded as a caste or tribe. Perhaps we are unwilling to recognise that each group has a right to free development according to its own cultural traditions. But whatever may be the causes of our failure, I still feel hopeful. Events seem to be tending in the direction of some sort of internal harmony. And as far as I have been able to read the Muslim mind, I have no hesitation in declaring that if the principle that the Indian Muslim is entitled to full and free development on the lines of his own culture and tradition in his own Indian home-lands is recognized as the basis of a permanent communal settlement, he will be ready to stake his all for the freedom of India.

[[2e]] The principle that each group is entitled to its free development on its own lines is not inspired by any feeling of narrow communalism. There are communalisms and communalisms. A community which is inspired by feelings of ill-will towards other communities is low and ignoble. I entertain the highest respect for the customs, laws, religious and social institutions of other communities. Nay, it is my duty, according to the teaching of the Quran, even to defend their places of worship, if need be. Yet I love the communal group which is the source of my life and behaviour; and which has formed me what I am by giving me its religion, its literature, its thought, its culture, and thereby recreating its whole past as a living operative factor, in my present consciousness. Even the authors of the Nehru Report recognise the value of this higher aspect of communalism. While discussing the separation of Sind they say, "To say from the larger viewpoint of nationalism that no communal provinces should be created, is, in a way, equivalent to saying from the still wider international viewpoint that there should be no separate nations. Both these statements have a measure of truth in them. But the staunchest internationalist recognises that without the fullest national autonomy it is extraordinarily difficult to create the international State. So also without the fullest cultural autonomy – and communalism in its better aspect is culture – it will be difficult to create a harmonious nation."

[[3]] Muslim India Within India

[[3a]] Communalism in its higher aspect, then, is indispensable to the formation of a harmonious whole in a country like India. The units of Indian society are not territorial as in European countries. India is a continent of human groups belonging to different races, speaking different languages, and professing different religions. Their behaviour is not at all determined by a common race-consciousness. Even the Hindus do not form a homogeneous group. The principle of European democracy cannot be applied to India without recognising the fact of communal groups. The Muslim demand for the creation of a Muslim India within India is, therefore, perfectly justified. The resolution of the All-Parties Muslim Conference at Delhi is, to my mind, wholly inspired by this noble ideal of a harmonious whole which, instead of stifling the respective individualities of its component wholes, affords them chances of fully working out the possibilities that may be latent in them. And I have no doubt that this House will emphatically endorse the Muslim demands embodied in this resolution.

[[3b]] Personally, I would go farther than the demands embodied in it. I would like to see the Punjab, North-West Frontier Province, Sind and Baluchistan amalgamated into a single State. Self-government within the British Empire, or without the British Empire, the formation of a consolidated North-West Indian Muslim State appears to me to be the final destiny of the Muslims, at least of North-West India. The proposal was put forward before the Nehru Committee. They rejected it on the ground that, if carried into effect, it would give a very unwieldy State. This is true in so far as the area is concerned; in point of population, the State contemplated by the proposal would be much less than some of the present Indian provinces. The exclusion of Ambala Division, and perhaps of some districts where non-Muslims predominate, will make it less extensive and more Muslim in population – so that the exclusion suggested will enable this consolidated State to give a more effective protection to non-Muslim minorities within its area. The idea need not alarm the Hindus or the British. India is the greatest Muslim country in the world. The life of Islam as a cultural force in the country very largely depends on its centralisation in a specified territory. This centralisation of the most living portion of the Muslims of India, whose military and police service has, notwithstanding unfair treatment from the British, made the British rule possible in this country, will eventually solve the problem of India as well as of Asia. It will intensify their sense of responsibility and deepen their patriotic feeling.

[[3c]] Thus, possessing full opportunity of development within the body politic of India, the North-West Indian Muslims will prove the best defenders of India against a foreign invasion, be that invasion one of ideas or of bayonets. The Punjab with 56 per cent Muslim population supplies 54 per cent of the total combatant troops in the Indian Army, and if the 19,000 Gurkhas recruited from the independent State of Nepal are excluded, the Punjab contingent amounts to 62 per cent of the whole Indian Army. This percentage does not take into account nearly 6,000 combatants supplied to the Indian Army by the North-West Frontier Province and Baluchistan. From this, you can easily calculate the possibilities of North-West Indian Muslims in regard to the defence of India against foreign aggression. The Right Hon'ble Mr Srinivasa Sastri thinks that the Muslim demand for the creation of autonomous Muslim states along the north-west border is actuated by a desire "to acquire means of exerting pressure in emergencies on the Government of India." I may frankly tell him that the Muslim demand is not actuated by the kind of motive he imputes to us; it is actuated by a genuine desire for free development which is practically impossible under the type of unitary government contemplated by the nationalist Hindu politicians with a view to secure permanent communal dominance in the whole of India.

[[3d]] Nor should the Hindus fear that the creation of autonomous Muslim states will mean the introduction of a kind of religious rule in such states. I have already indicated to you the meaning of the word religion, as applied to Islam. The truth is that Islam is not a Church. It is a State conceived as a contractual organism long before Rousseau ever thought of such a thing, and animated by an ethical ideal which regards man not as an earth-rooted creature, defined by this or that portion of the earth, but as a spiritual being understood in terms of a social mechanism, and possessing rights and duties as a living factor in that mechanism. The character of a Muslim State can be judged from what the Times of India pointed out some time ago in a leader [=front-page article] on the Indian Banking Inquiry Committee. "In ancient India," the paper points out, "the State framed laws regulating the rates of interest; but in Muslim times, although Islam clearly forbids the realisation of interest on money loaned, Indian Muslim States imposed no restrictions on such rates." I, therefore, demand the formation of a consolidated Muslim State in the best interests of India and Islam. For India, it means security and peace resulting from an internal balance of power; for Islam, an opportunity to rid itself of the stamp that Arabian Imperialism was forced to give it, to mobilise its law, its education, its culture, and to bring them into closer contact with its own original spirit and with the spirit of modern times.

[[4]] Federal States

[[4a]] Thus it is clear that in view of India's infinite variety in climates, races, languages, creeds and social systems, the creation of autonomous States, based on the unity of language, race, history, religion and identity of economic interests, is the only possible way to secure a stable constitutional structure in India. The conception of federation underlying the Simon Report necessitates the abolition of the Central Legislative Assembly as a popular assembly and makes it an assembly of the representatives of federal States. It further demands a redistribution of territory on the lines which I have indicated. And the Report does recommend both. I give my wholehearted support to this view of the matter and venture to suggest that the redistribution recommended in the Simon Report must fulfil two conditions. It must precede the introduction of the new constitution and must be so devised as to finally solve the communal problem. Proper redistribution will make the question of joint and separate electorates automatically disappear from the constitutional controversy of India. It is the present structure of the provinces that is largely responsible for this controversy.

[[4b]] The Hindu thinks that separate electorates are contrary to the spirit of true nationalism because he understands the word nation to mean a kind of universal amalgamation in which no communal entity ought to retain its private individuality. Such a state of things, however, does not exist. Nor is it desirable that it should exist. India is a land of racial and religious variety. Add to this the general economic inferiority of the Muslims, their enormous debt, especially in Punjab, and their insufficient majorities in some of the provinces as at present constituted, and you will begin to see clearly the meaning of our anxiety to retain separate electorates. In such a country and in such circumstances territorial electorates cannot secure adequate representation of all interests, and must inevitably lead to the creation of an oligarchy. The Muslims of India can have no objection to purely territorial electorates if provinces are demarcated so as to secure comparatively homogeneous communities possessing linguistic, racial, cultural and religious unity.

Unquote

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/pritchett/00islamlinks/txt_iqbal_1930.html

I would, however, agree that TWO Nation Theory ceased to be any relevance after the partition on religious grounds had been achieved. I would also agree that as stated at the start of [3d] neither Allama Iqbal nor Quaide Azam intended to create a "Religious State" that Zia ul Haq tried to turn Pakistan into and those brainwashed by then anti-Pakistan religious parties are now are demanding.

Last edited:
Let us not forget that it was only about 100 years before that time that Muslims had been the dominant force in Northern India.
I will give you a detailed response later but sorry "Muslims dominant 100 years ago" is rather simplistic grab of reality and I have no idea what is informing it. Century before 1930s would take you to a independent Sindh under the Talpurs but all of Punjab and what is now K-Pk were under the crushing Sikh rule. Balochistan was fractured under khanates. But more then 70% of what is now Pakistan was under Sikh rule who rode over their Muslim subjects. So exactly how being under the boot of Sikhs translates to "dominant" is beyond me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom