What's new

The U.S. and Pakistan: Can This Marriage Be Saved?

Between the lines, she seems to be saying that whatever Pakistan is asking for will likely not happen. What do you think?

Clearly playing to AIPAC and domestic audience. but then Americans are liars and duplicitous therefore made it up as she was going along?

pak should break off from US and stand on its own feet with its own resources..

I think it is more interesting that a diplomat should even have to say that? Surely it should be taken for granted.

That she felt compelled to say it in itself speaks volumes to those that can read between the lines

It was in response to a question.. :)

Clearly playing to AIPAC -
No. I couldn't get anybody else at AIPAC interested in Pakistani affairs. Consider that 13,000 of us attended the annual meeting last month and I'm the only one here. Pakistan simply isn't on AIPAC's radar screen.

Rather, one should look at Obama's record. He was the most anti-Pakistan of all the presidential candidates, the only one who vowed to take action if necessary on Pakistani territory without the cooperation of Pakistan's government. I suspect that as the only candidate who was schooled in a Muslim country (Indonesia) he holds Pakistan to a higher level of moral expectations than other liberals who, looking down on "Third-World" nations as inferiors, consequently treat such governments and peoples more leniently.

No. I couldn't get anybody else at AIPAC interested in Pakistani affairs. Consider that 13,000 of us attended the annual meeting last month and I'm the only one here. Pakistan simply isn't on AIPAC's radar screen.

Rather, one should look at Obama's record. He was the most anti-Pakistan of all the presidential candidates, the only one who vowed to take action if necessary on Pakistani territory without the cooperation of Pakistan's government. I suspect that as the only candidate who was schooled in a Muslim country (Indonesia) he holds Pakistan to a higher level of moral expectations than other liberals who, looking down on "Third-World" nations as inferiors, consequently treat such governments and peoples more leniently.

considering american record of being the only country to have used nuclear bomb twice...The only country that has been engaged in war with more than a dozen nations...Only country to have successfully kill hundred thousands of innocent civilians in iraq,libya,afghanistan,japan etc and yet have to audacity to paint herself as the world peace lover...The only country having the largest no of people in prisons according to population ratio...What an irony and still she wants the world to follow her footsteps...

considering american record of being the only country to have used nuclear bomb twice -
By divorcing facts from context you've prejudiced the moral question of whether such acts were right or wrong. I suspect you are intelligent enough to know that; hence your "arguments" are empty ones.

Was she referring to Pakistan's recent and renewed deman for an India-like civilian nuke deal with the US?

You do have some valid points there perhaps I have been a bit harsh. But AIPAC has been pushing Hindu lobby forward in America

But AIPAC has been pushing Hindu lobby forward in America
I don't know if any Indian diplomats spoke at the conference. However the Azerbaijani ambassador was quite frank that the reason he spoke was to encourage Americans to support his country over Armenia and Iran. The U.S. and Iran, according to him, both pursue the same pro-Armenian, anti-Azerbaijani policy, as the Armenian-American lobby, centered mostly in Los Angeles, is very influential.

Following the Azerbaijani example, clearly the way forward for a Pakistan concerned about Zionists influencing America's India is to build more open links between Pakistan and Israel.

Back
Top Bottom