What's new

The Turkish Navy Superior To The Russian Black Sea Fleet ?

I'm confused.... so the Turkish navy is better than the Russian navy? or just the black sea fleet alone??
Of course Black See Fleet
It is not for long. Program of complete modernization of the Black Sea Fleet started, for these purposes Russia modernized shipyards and in plans soon will be created south shipbuilding center.
Besides, we must not forget that in many Russian ship missiles can be mounted tactical nuclear warheads - and they will be used if necessary. This will dramatically change the balance of forces.

No need to bring other scenarios into it, otherwise it will turn into another flamewar.

Op only compares Turkish navy and Russian black sea fleet, numbers and details are given, there is no need to further discuss.

If Turkey sink the Russian fleet. Than it could trigger WWIII as Russia could invade Turkey from the Caucasus. If US does not intervene, than NATO is finished and so US would intervene.
Sry but i dont see how Russia could invade Turkey, this is a whole another category than Crimea.

The real threat to turkey fleet and is not the black sea fleet. Its land based anti-ship and anti-submarine supersonic batteries alongside russian airforce. Also Russian forces will steam roll into various territories of Turkey via its rapid deployment forces like VDV like kars, the kurdish areas.Plus a lot of greek ,serbian volunteers will flood the region to join the russian army. Then comes the ballistic and cruise missile threats also.

You don't even know who we are. If they couldn't take Afghanistan what makes you think they can take Turkey? Besides we aren't Ukraine or Georgia we actually have a powerful military.

You don't even know who we are. If they couldn't take Afghanistan what makes you think they can take Turkey? Besides we aren't Ukraine or Georgia we actually have a powerful military.

Afghanistan was a guerilla war. Second, all the overt wars that happened were won by USSR(whether allied intervention in civil war russia,wars against nazis,wars in korea,crushing of Hungarian uprising or crushing of czech rebellion). .Afghanistan was a guerilla war.

Second , turkey lost most of its wars to Russian empire.You almost were invaded by Stalin ,were the usa not to threaten atomic attack on Russia.

Second , turkey lost most of its wars to Russian empire.You almost were invaded by Stalin ,were the usa not to threaten atomic attack on Russia.
Times have changed, Russia couldnt even make a full scale invasion of Crimea, what do think it will look like if they try to invade Turkey?
Dont forget that Turkey has one of the strongest militarys in the region.

Times have changed, Russia couldnt even make a full scale invasion of Crimea, what do think it will look like if they try to invade Turkey?
Dont forget that Turkey has one of the strongest militarys in the region.

Russia has not launched an full scale invasion of ukraine or crimea .Yes,I know Turkey is one of the strongest.But Russia is still second strongest military on the planet and a military superpower still.

Russia is moving slow and steady on Ukraine ,for it does not wish to turn the population against itself.The last soviet recklessness made Eastern Europe hateful of Russia. Russia wishes to avoid that.

Afghanistan was a guerilla war. Second, all the overt wars that happened were won by USSR(whether allied intervention in civil war russia,wars against nazis,wars in korea,crushing of Hungarian uprising or crushing of czech rebellion). .Afghanistan was a guerilla war.

If you only take into account the Ottoman Empire then yes we lost most of the wars to Russia but that was mainly due to geographic restrictions. (They had the advantage but still thats no excuse,) Secondly we actually conquered Russia but they never conquered us. They were also paying tributes to our Khanates for decades if not centuries. Thirdly our conventional capabilities are more than enough for Russia. Hitler once said "If i go to Turkey with 200.000 tanks, i will come back with 2!" Anyway no need to carry on with if this if that conversations.

Hun_Empire.jpg

Last edited:
Russian black sea fleet seems weaker. Though Black sea is not very big so ground based cruise missiles and aircrafts with anti-ship missiles are enough to protect russian interest. Just my 2 cents.

If you only take into account the Ottoman Empire then yes we lost most of the wars to Russia but that was mainly due to geographic restrictions. (They had the advantage but still thats no excuse,) Secondly we actually conquered Russia they but they never conquered us. They were also paying tributes to our Khanates for decades if not centuries. Thirdly our conventional capabilities are more than enough for Russia. Hitler once said "If i go to Turkey with 200.000 tanks, i will come back with 2!" Anyway no need to carry on with if this if that conversations.

Hun_Empire.jpg

hunnic empire was not islamic .And I doubt your (turkey) conventional capability will suffice for russia.Second ottomans never conquered russia unless you are talking the tengri golden horde.again mongols were followers of tengrism not islam. and russia conquered central asia and mongolia too .

Turkish navy is strongest in the region. Russian outdated fleet would be on bottom of the Black sea within days. The sea is basically high way of the earth. We could push Russians back all the way back to Volga river with help of Azerbaijan, Georgia, and local muslims in Caucasia and above. The thing is Russian army is bigger but they have much much much bigger country. If they transfer from western or eastern front to Caucasus front, it will weaken their flanks so they can't do that. Russia's volume in land was its advantage, now it will be their weakness.

Back
Top Bottom