What's new

The Truth of 27th Feb Gradually Being Revealed by India - Rafales must fly in with Meteor AAM

Buddy, we can’t assume anything about IronFalcon right now especially since the radar is going to be a local. We won’t have any clue about it’s tracking range. However, we have to hope for the best, PAF won’t opt for in house solution if it is inferior to Chinese options but yet here they are !!!

I just wish, we bring in a BVR with at least 200-250km range. That would be very much enough
Bro how can you assume that Chinese AESA will be inferior to local AESA, We have no to minimum experience to R&D for Radar especially AESA, might be this local AESA is in development with help of China or Turkey, China has lots of experience to design land and Naval AESA

As for Long range 150-200 km is enough for fighter jets, extremely long range BVR like Chinese VLRAAM/R-37/KS-172 are useless against maneuverable/agile targets, they are design to knock down non -maneuverable targets like AWACS/TANKERS and other ISR (intelligence/surveillance/reconnaissance) target

PL-21 (Ramjet air to air BVR just Meteor) might be scraped in favor of VLRAAM (Duel pulse rocket motor)

PL-21 project was scraped by China in favor of VLRAAM, more conventional dual pulse rocket motor design

i was unaware and missed that development, thanks for the update,
I think Dual Pulse motor is equally good enough once it's perfected and mastered.

PL-21 are being worked upon to reduce their sizes as to fit internal bays of J-20, refer to Chinese thread or Huitong’s chinese blogspot. As for launch, it’s PAF’s responsibility to decide what solution we have for that problem. A heavy fighter has quite a potential and requirement among our lines.@seven0seven is correct, PL-21 has been scrapped in favor of VLRAAM but the basis of VLRAAM is PL-21.

Hmmmm, so practically we face 2 problems for introducing VLRAAM in PAF.
1) Its size, but R&D and finances for that will be done by China, so we are good with that once it's sorted.
2) A Heavy platform for PAF ..... No one can answer that except the PAF.

i was unaware and missed that development, thanks for the update,
I think Dual Pulse motor is equally good enough once it's perfected and mastered.
Bro last news about PL-21 i heard may be 2011-2013, and it has a drawback also, Ramjet air intake can create lot of drag during flight hence you need more fuel/thrust to over came drag, the only advantage of Ramjet BVR that it has three time of NEZ (No Escape zone) then conventional (dual pulse rocket motor) BVR like AMRAAM

LOL like as if Rafale with Meteor missiles will win India anything. The French fvcks are milking these rapists.
Once Rafale is fully inducted and operational and IAF can train and develop tactics with it...
...based on how the current Indian gov is...with the whole chest thumping and what not...I have a feeling they might try something like what they did in February.

They tried before when they didn't have Rafale + Meteor. With those added they will feel emboldened...and in their make believe superpower status and to make up for the humiliation...they will probably try to carry out some strikes with SOW using their M2Ks while Rafales armed with meteor provide them cover.

very good , equip them all .

that would be a fatal mistake for the indian rafale. india has nothing including the meteor that can compete with the PL15 that PAF already has...I'm tellin' ya man...the rafales are a mistake, shoulda gone for the tie fighters instead. ;)

that would be a fatal mistake for the indian rafale. india has nothing including the meteor that can compete the PL15 that PAF already has...I'm tellin' ya man...the rafales are a mistake, shoulda gone for the tie fighters instead. ;)
PL-15 is just a false rumors for block-2 by some fanboys with no confirmation by PAF

"The Pakistani F-16s were armed with the AIM-120C....
let loose several of them at the Sukhoi-30MKIs before the latter could even get into their firing range."

India knew this reality from long time..... and they still managed to control the damage, limited to loss of single SU.
Clearly wars are not only fought at battle front.
India definitely have assets in /around bani gala.

ok fine, so 130km for detection, and chasing the target for up to 200km...happy? block-3 is gonna be a game changer.
These specs are useless when pilot have to wait for permission from politicians via airforce leader ship, before pressing the button.

Once Rafale is fully inducted and operational and IAF can train and develop tactics with it...
...based on how the current Indian gov is...with the whole chest thumping and what not...I have a feeling they might try something like what they did in February.

They tried before when they didn't have Rafale + Meteor. With those added they will feel emboldened...and in their make believe superpower status and to make up for the humiliation...they will probably try to carry out some strikes with SOW using their M2Ks while Rafales armed with meteor provide them cover.

I hope they do. Would present an awesome opportunity to humiliate India and their French backers.

ok fine, so 130km for detection, and chasing the target for up to 200km...happy? block-3 is gonna be a game changer.
oh bhai 130 km didn't it can't detect target at this range and tell me how this radar range (130 km) guide PL-15 to target which is 200 km, are you out of your mind :crazy::crazy::crazy:

oh bhai 130 km didn't it can't detect target at this range and tell me how this radar range (130 km) guide PL-15 to target which is 200 km, are you out of your mind :crazy::crazy::crazy:
you do know that the PL15 has a radar of its own and takes over, right? I don't know the range, but after N number of miles, the PL15 tracks & chases the target on its own without the need to the launching platform's radar.

you do know that the PL15 has a radar of its own and takes over, right? I don't know the range, but after N number of miles, the PL15 tracks & chases the target on its own without the need to the launching platform's radar.
And you think that seeker head range of PL-15 is 70 km with such small diameter nosecone then you're fool

Back
Top Bottom